BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

15 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Then that would be a manager's right to manage!..Possibly after letting it go too long?

I guess this could be a glimpse of much-vaunted (on here) previous of Tony appeasing the "clique" in his team selections. Maybe, it just came to a head?

I don't know this, I hasten to add-merely hypothesising...

Mowfray very much comes across as the affiable type who makes rods for his own back but to be fair after a while he does react we've seen it before. My concern is given who/when Mulgrew was brought in why did he seem to end up weilding so much power over the team ?

He always had a touch of 'big time' about him on the pitch something i touched on after the first 2 games of the league 1 season but he really knuckled down after that, once Mowbray ( or him ) had altered tactics....

As a manager gets more experienced he should get more ruthless really anybody looking for an easy ride is knackered if they can't run their own dressing room when things go difficult.

On 08/08/2019 at 19:57, AllRoverAsia said:

Get in ON. Better than Final Countdown.

Yes, and we got rid of that in the transfer window. Away even quicker than Charlie.

Been replaced with probably different tune each game.

• Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Mowfray very much comes across as the affiable type who makes rods for his own back but to be fair after a while he does react we've seen it before. My concern is given who/when Mulgrew was brought in why did he seem to end up weilding so much power over the team ?

He always had a touch of 'big time' about him on the pitch something i touched on after the first 2 games of the league 1 season but he really knuckled down after that, once Mowbray ( or him ) had altered tactics....

As a manager gets more experienced he should get more ruthless really anybody looking for an easy ride is knackered if they can't run their own dressing room when things go difficult.

Mowbray has said his preference is to let the dressing room police itself, so I imagine the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett, Graham, Evans, etc have a fair bit of stroke. All good until the team hits a bad run of form, or a popular player is sold, and those same players decide the manager is more of a problem than they are. At that point it's game over. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray has said his preference is to let the dressing room police itself, so I imagine the likes of Mulgrew, Bennett, Graham, Evans, etc have a fair bit of stroke. All good until the team hits a bad run of form, or a popular player is sold, and those same players decide the manager is more of a problem than they are. At that point it's game over. 

Policing itself is one thing but running itself on the pitch is another, probably harks back to old school stuff i remember Souness having Flitcroft and Short as his lieutenants in there but i doubt they had much say in selections and tactics like these lot seemed to have.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Or the plan is that Tosin and Lenihan are the clear first choice pairing and that we have enough cover in the existing squad. 

Or we are planning on signing a free agent to add additional cover. 

If that's the plan----its a rotten plan!

I think "plan" overstates it though.

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

If that's the plan----its a rotten plan!

I think "plan" overstates it though.

Only in the head of someone looking to sugar coat it whilst in reality it'll have been nothing like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Wonder who took over the "enforcer" role in the dressing room when Conway left

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Now urgently required a free centre half, fit and who wont shy short of putting his head in the way. Cue Ashley Williams incoming !

Mowbray take note !

also must be able to decipher the enigma code (i.e understand our tactics and style of play) so can start straight away, and no ripped jeans or baseball cap on back to front

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Now urgently required a free centre half, fit and who wont shy short of putting his head in the way. Cue Ashley Williams incoming !

Mowbray take note !

I am sure a lot of clubs looked at him during the window but I guess his wage demands were too high ... Now the Window's over those demands may be a lot less

Well no one saw that coming. Transfer window closes and 2 defenders ruled out. Well played Tony. Now may I suggest you at least look at the free transfer list. The cynic in me is saying you're trying to get fired and get your pay off. 

Some clarity on Mulgrew:

Mulgrew and Mowbray had a blazing argument in the middle of the training ground in front of loads on people, this happened Thursday morning. Everything was a rush from there.

A few offers came in and Mulgrew wanted to go to Rangers, but they were only offering 50% of his wages whereas Wigan (surprisingly) offering 80% of his £20,000 per week.

Mulgrew did not want to go to Wigan, he wanted to stay and fight for his place and continue to be a role model, captain etc. Mowbray did not cover himself in glory.

Heard first hand from a source present at the training ground.

Shambles.

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Some clarity on Mulgrew:

Mulgrew and Mowbray had a blazing argument in the middle of the training ground in front of loads on people, this happened Thursday morning. Everything was a rush from there.

A few offers came in and Mulgrew wanted to go to Rangers, but they were only offering 50% of his wages whereas Wigan (surprisingly) offering 80% of his £20,000 per week.

Mulgrew did not want to go to Wigan, he wanted to stay and fight for his place and continue to be a role model, captain etc. Mowbray did not cover himself in glory.

Shambles.

But he still wanted to go though. As much as I feel TM has lost the plot somewhat I'll back him on this. Charlie had become a liability, we don't need a liability who doesn't want to be here. Potential to be Shane Duffy all over again. 

• Like 2

Just now, JayDee said:

But he still wanted to go though. As much as I feel TM has lost the plot somewhat I'll back him on this. Charlie had become a liability, we don't need a liability who doesn't want to be here. Potential to be Shane Duffy all over again. 

I agree to a point but if it weren’t for that row, Mowbray would likely have still started him today.

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Some clarity on Mulgrew:

Shambles.

Mulgrew, a Celtic fan and potentially considered a legend at the club, wanted to move to Rangers?

• Like 4

Just now, J*B said:

Mulgrew, a Celtic fan and potentially considered a legend at the club, wanted to move to Rangers?

He didnt want to move to another bottom championship club and preference would have been to go back to Scotland.

Just writing what I was told this morning. Soz.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

He didnt want to move to another bottom championship club and preference would have been to go back to Scotland.

Just writing what I was told this morning. Soz.

I was told something similar from a Wigan fan. He reckoned Mulgrew was on 18k and they were picking up the tab as there isn’t a loan fee involved.

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Some clarity on Mulgrew:

Shambles.

I wonder if Lenihan and Nyambe backed Mulgrew? :unsure:

27 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Some clarity on Mulgrew:

Shambles.

The “blazing argument” part of this is entirely believable - things like that happen on training grounds every day. The “wanted to go to Rangers” part of it is pure invention I’m afraid.  

• Like 5