BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham Away

23 minutes ago, frosty said:

Think you’re right there, I don’t remember us losing 5 in a row under Coyle. Off the top of my head you’d probably have to go back to the last couple of months of the 11/12 relegation season under he who shall not be named to find the last time we lost 5 on the spin.

Let’s hope we don’t equal that this weekend….

Think the last time we lost 5 in a row was under that berk in 2012, the last time we lost 6 in a row was under Ince in 2008.

We've already had that comparison lol

I'd suggest it was a different pressure altogether then as we chased promotion in what might have been a do or die season. Nothing like now where the only pressure is to plod, collectively they've created this situation themselves so they need to buck up before it becomes a real crisis.

Do we actually have anyone who can play wide left of the 3 behind Graham. I know the squads a bit short in a couple of places but I can't think of anyone whose natural position is wide left. 

We seem to be very reliant on Dack and Graham so if Brum can keep the quiet - and managing 2 of an 11 is not difficult - then we could well be continuing our losing streak. Brum are a decent team and I think that's what will happen. 

Also regardless of the great stuff TM has done last season if we end up losing 5 in a row that puts him in pretty poor company Rovers manager wise, and probably says a fair bit about his ability. Not that he's a terrible manager but it's showing he is far from infallible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17450339.mowbrays-message-to-rovers-players-after-run-of-defeats/

Its OK,  we were good against Brentford until the 3rd went in, we matched Bristol City, and Reading were just two isolated defensive howlers. 

Nothing to see here. The defence is just too cultured to do stuff like defending. ?

Love the reference to 4 wins out of 8 too. Forgetting the 8 games prior to that it would seem. 

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've already had that comparison lol

I'd suggest it was a different pressure altogether then as we chased promotion in what might have been a do or die season. Nothing like now where the only pressure is to plod, collectively they've created this situation themselves so they need to buck up before it becomes a real crisis.

Was that when Matt Dickens was in the nets? 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17450339.mowbrays-message-to-rovers-players-after-run-of-defeats/

Its OK,  we were good against Brentford until the 3rd went in, we matched Bristol City, and Reading were just two isolated defensive howlers. 

Nothing to see here. The defence is just too cultured to do stuff like defending. ?

Reading should have been 3-0 up before we equalised Tony. His refusal to admit the obvious is starting to really f8ck me off. 

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Was that when Matt Dickens was in the nets? 

Yep think it was around that time he let one through his hands v Wolves I think or possibly Sunderland but the nerves and tension around the place then were unreal. It must be a doddle at Rovers these days compared to then and what was asked and expected of them.

• Like 1

Another tricky one for Rovers as they gear up for Birmingham City away. Definitely a winnable game, however confidence is lacking amongst our lot. If we can deliver a match winning performance perhaps a mini run can be on the cards. Interesting to see who gets the nod on Saturday, more of Brereton or a bit more cautious with Reed & co. Earlier in the week I spoke with Jack Iles a Birmingham City supporter about their season, their chances and more. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17451081.rovers-boss-looking-for-millwall-repeat-at-birmingham/

"Birmingham is another game we know we will be playing against a very organised, hardworking, physical side, and if we’re not defensive structured enough to deal with the directness, then we’ll probably get beat,” Mowbray said (shrugging his shoulders, putting his feet up and cracking open another packet of biscuits). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17451081.rovers-boss-looking-for-millwall-repeat-at-birmingham/

"Birmingham is another game we know we will be playing against a very organised, hardworking, physical side, and if we’re not defensive structured enough to deal with the directness, then we’ll probably get beat,” Mowbray said (shrugging his shoulders, putting his feet up and cracking open another packet of biscuits)

Not if there's any Lemon Drizzle cake left!  Lovely with a Cuppa. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Only Mrs Mowbray's Lemon Drizzle will do. 

Sounds good as a brand name, I could market that! 

I don't want any of Mrs Mowbray's drizzle, thanks.

I think Rothwell has been eating her drizzle though, and Tony has found out.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see anyone correctly guessing our team for this weekend.

I can see Tony going full Mowbray.

Hopefully it's one of the times it works. 

Here is my gamble on this weekends team

Raya

Nyambe        Mulgrew        Rodwell

Reed                                                                   Bell

Bennett  Travis

Dack

Armstrong Graham

Bennett and Reed could swap places

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't want any of Mrs Mowbray's drizzle, thanks.

I think Rothwell has been eating her drizzle though, and Tony has found out.

Mowbray said last night Rothwell was going to start against M'boro but his partner went into labour on Saturday night. 

Very difficult to know which Rovers will turn up.

IMV, we most at least have a better chance as Williams is out suspended!

On balance, I think we'll get spanked.  Think our players know the season's over and wont fancy it tomorrow against a physical Brum.