BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The tea thread!

Assam's always been my cup of tea. Umpteen cups a day compared to the single cup of coffee, at 11am as per protocol

Always drink coffee on a day out though. The average cafe doesn't have a clue how to make tea properly. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love my tea. My mum used to have a large tea caddy (metal tin) into which she put two packets of Indian tea and one packet of Ceylon tea and mixed up the tea leaves thoroughly; no tea bags in those days.

Assam tea is our staple brew. I tried Ceylon tea for a while but it isn't quite strong enough for me. However PG tips bags now occupy the tin that is labelled "Ceylon". They are equally as good as Assam. Kenya tea leaves a bitter taste.

I have a Nespresso machine for making coffee. Roma is my favourite. However a quick brew of Nescafé instant is usually chosen when I'm in a hurry.

Coffee is very occasional. Tea is the main drink; that is before the sun goes over the yard arm.....................then we assess the beer choices.

I'm another Assam lover and recent convert it's the only one i can find that hits the spot. Has to be leaf tea for me and Yorkshire is second choice although can go Tetley in the tea bags. Have to double up though, 2 in the strainer 😆

PG, Typhoo etc is rank imo and most of the other stuff is too weak.

Like a coffee as well but it doesn't like me in the morning so usually have one around 7pm, any later and it's no sleep till 3am !!  Also being an ageing athlete i often like to start the day with a green tea about 6.30am  -- only so i can save the delight of a proper brew till a bit later.