BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Yes. At centre-back, let's go with-- oh, hang on a second ?

That is entirely where our core problem lies.

Exactly. If Rodwell and Mulgrew can't be patched up who plays in the middle of the back four ? How far is Lenihan off being ready ? just shows the absolute foolishness of letting 3 centre halves go out on loan in the January window. All of Mowbray, Rodwell, Lenihan and Williams have had lengthy spells out with injuries. When I think back to the likes of Matt Woods playing every game in a season when the game was really rough and tumble I wonder what centre halves are made of theses days. Being fair to the 4 I just named none of them are real centre halves. We'll end up with a back four of Bennett, Nyambe, Williams and Bell. Or the dreaded back three of Nyambe,Williams and Bell.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

With Mulgrew, Rodwell and Lenihan all probably missing the defence will be even more like colander than normal. 

Raya

Nyambe Williams Bell

Reed  Travis Smallwood Bennett

Dack     Rothwell

Graham

That's my guess for what Mowbray will do. He may go to a back 4 and bring the likes of Conway in for extra cover down the flanks. He may drop Travis into a back 3.Whichever way he does it that is an awful defence. Rothwell may finally get a start.

The decisions Mowbray made in January are coming back to bite him.

Last chance saloon as far as I am concerned for Mowbray.

He's absolutely wrecked this season with some awful planning in the summer and January.

He can't magic a Centre Back from no where but that's his fault. He needs to get what he's got playing to their best and they have all been some way off that, for some time now.

Says a lot in the media, is yet to back it up on game day.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

Wigan are going to be up for this fight. Will we? I could see us getting a stupid red early on. See, we have no controlled aggression without Lenihan. Just lads who do bad tackles. That's if they are prepared to tackle at all. We are a soft touch. 

Could easily lose this 2-0

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Good thing from Saturday was there was no panic after going a goal down early on and heads haven't dropped yet so they should be up for this. We need a bit of luck from somewhere and it might come in this in the form of a late penalty after the customary poor goal conceded.

Rovers 1  Wigan  1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Quite simply a massive game for everyone.

Anything other than Rovers coming out all Guns blazing from kick off is simply not acceptable...we are approaching the point of no return Tony lad.

2-1.     12,800

We seem to say the same every match ie they best come out fired up. Problem is they never do! Our first half performances have in the main been absolutely pathetic this season (our second halves not much better!). If he can’t fire them up for Tuesday then he needs to go for me.

Think his absence is making Lenihan seem like a superstar.

I do like how he’s the only centre half we have with aggression and mobility, however at times he has also looked like a converted holding midfielder - diving into tackles that are often good to break up play in midfield, but can be fatal around the ‘D’.

Williams, Smallwood and Bennett wouldn’t get into any other SQUAD in the league, genuinely. 

Yet they will all start Tuesday and we will go down to another defeat after being bombarded from long balls by a Wigan team far more up for it than us.

1-2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Think his absence is making Lenihan seem like a superstar.

I do like how he’s the only centre half we have with aggression and mobility, however at times he has also looked like a converted holding midfielder - diving into tackles that are often good to break up play in midfield, but can be fatal around the ‘D’.

Correct. Had multiple shocking games for us this season and in his last game conceded 5 against Brentford.

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Williams, Smallwood and Bennett wouldn’t get into any other SQUAD in the league, genuinely. 

Yet they will all start Tuesday and we will go down to another defeat after being bombarded from long balls by a Wigan team far more up for it than us.

1-2

They would all walk into Bolton and Ipswich's squad with Bennett guaranteed a start every week. I'm sure reading Rotherham and millwall would take him as a squad player.

But I get the point your making

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wigan can’t afford to lose as they play Bolton at weekend who may have a chance to leap frog them 

I would say Wigan can't afford to lose to Bolton. I think they would take a loss to us and a win against Bolton

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Incorrect. He's made a few mistakes but not nearly as many as the likes of Mulgrew, Bell and Raya. 

Didn’t say he had. Said he’d had multiple shocking games, especially early doors.

26 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They would all walk into Bolton and Ipswich's squad with Bennett guaranteed a start every week. I'm sure reading Rotherham and millwall would take him as a squad player.

But I get the point your making

Genuinely disagree. But each to their own. 

Smallwood and Williams in particular would get nowhere near either. They’d take one look in training and think they were competition winners or something.

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And you're wrong …. can you can state which 'shocking games' they were? 

Of course.

Preston, Swansea, Sheffield United, Brentford, Leeds, Bristol City and Reading.

I saw Wigan unluckily lose to Derby last week but what struck me was how big the majority of their players looked. They are known to be physical so we need to fight fire with fire. No more Mr Nice Guys please.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We'd have to sign some battlers first.

I would honestly settle for some of the darker arts which most teams adopt. As I said yesterday Williams should have pulled the Nobber back when he was going past him for their goal. You can bet your bottom dollar Wigan will be up to all sorts of gamesmanship on Tuesday but it seems Mowbray likes to be liked and his teams don't do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Wigan can’t afford to lose as they play Bolton at weekend who may have a chance to leap frog them 

Pressure is mounting on Wigan.  A late defeat at Reading, Ewood derby on Tuesday and Bolton at the weekend.

Pressure doesn't seem to effect Rovers as, IMO, we are just generally shite. 

An early moment of magic from Dack, we take the lead, our lads get a bit interested, Wigan's bottle goes and it will be game over.

We have to win a game at some point - we even won games under Kean and C o y l e!

Going for a Rovers' win by the odd goal, say 3-2 which is available at 33/1. 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Going for a Rovers' win by the odd goal, say 3-2 which is available at 33/1. 

You must be down a fair wedge by now. I have genuinely never seen one of your Rovers predictions come true.

Are you actually a bookie and all this is a brilliant ruse to win money off gullible punters? ?