Jump to content

Sheffield Wednesday away Sat 16th March


Recommended Posts

I can’t stand Wednesday.

Deludedly “massive” having done nothing for years, and lots of my friends are fans.

I want my friends to be sad.

Visitors should go down Kelham Island/Neepsend and get the tram up. The area is widely regarded as one of the best for “proper” alehouses in the country. The Fat Cat is my favourite. 

A bit closer to the ground (ten minute walk away) is The New Barrack Tavern. Love it here: good food - loads of beers and football focused. Full of friendly Wednesdayites pre-match so don’t be a dick.

The Dinnerlady has shored their team up recently, but every unbeaten run must come to an end...

With the confidence from last night I really think we can beat them.

They really aren’t that good.

Same team as Wigan?

 

Commence arguing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J*B pinned this topic
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh... Joe Rothwell... Starts and is clearly man of the match and sets up a goal with an absolute class run. Mowbray has wasted him on the bench for almost an entire season whilst shite like Benne

‘Rothwell’s like a little boy out there’ Amazing comment that. Can’t say I’ve been seeing much ‘big boy’ defending from the likes of Williams and Mulgrew

Only watched the second half, although I have seen the first goal too.  Mowbray will point to the fact that we have defensive injuries, but hes orchestrated us into a situation where we only have

Posted Images

Sounds like Graham will be rested, so Nuttall upfront I would imagine. 

Not sure if I would leave things the same then though as Graham was key last night, so perhaps something different required. Left back could be problematic if Bell is injured(it could also be problematic if he isnt LOL ) 

                            Raya

        Nyambe Magloire Williams

Bennett                                        Bell

                      Travis Reed 

                             Dack

                  Brereton Nuttall 

 

Or 

Dack Rothwell

    Nuttall 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like Graham will be rested, so Nuttall upfront I would imagine. 

Not sure if I would leave things the same then though as Graham was key last night, so perhaps something different required. Left back could be problematic if Bell is injured(it could also be problematic if he isnt LOL ) 

                            Raya

        Nyambe Magloire Williams

Bennett                                        Bell

                      Travis Reed 

                             Dack

                  Brereton Nuttall 

 

Or 

Dack Rothwell

    Nuttall 

 

Thought we played better with it on the deck after Graham went off tbh, and that would probably be the best way to approach this... Their defence is good in the air but turns like the titanic and I’m told they are light in midfield.. giving Dack/Travis/Rothwell room to operate.

So how we finished the game last night would be fine for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Thought we played better with it on the deck after Graham went off tbh, and that would probably be the best way to approach this... Their defence is good in the air but turns like the titanic and I’m told they are light in midfield.. giving Dack/Travis/Rothwell room to operate.

So how we finished the game last night would be fine for me.

For me, whilst its not necessarily untrue, its incredibly harsh to drop Graham for that reason. It doesnt suit him to constantly hoof it aimlessly in the air and hes far better on the floor than Nuttall, he played a couple of superb passes v Preston and in general he links up better than anyone with Dack. Its up to Mowbray and the rest of the team behind Graham to come up with less brainless tactics to play up to him rather than the lazy and thoughtless lump in the air knowing that he makes treasure out of very little at times with excellent hold up play.

I was really unimpressed by Nuttall last night and find the whole Brereton situation confusing on the back of 3 goals at an admittedly poor level.

Edited by roversfan99
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I was mainly trying to put a positive spin on him potentially being injured ?

I know I was just saying we could play that football with Graham at the heart of it if we chose to.

If hes injured for Saturday then id probably go for a front 3 of Dack and Rothwell behind Armstrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I can’t stand Wednesday.

Deludedly “massive” having done nothing for years, and lots of my friends are fans.

I want my friends to be sad.

Visitors should go down Kelham Island/Neepsend and get the tram up. The area is widely regarded as one of the best for “proper” alehouses in the country. The Fat Cat is my favourite. 

A bit closer to the ground (ten minute walk away) is The New Barrack Tavern. Love it here: good food - loads of beers and football focused. Full of friendly Wednesdayites pre-match so don’t be a dick.

The Dinnerlady has shored their team up recently, but every unbeaten run must come to an end...

With the confidence from last night I really think we can beat them.

They really aren’t that good.

Same team as Wigan?

 

Commence arguing.

 

Train travellers should check out the Sheffield Tap on platform 1 & the Rawson Spring (despite being a Spoons) near the ground is usually full of home & away football fans.

Endorse the Kelham Island love as well for the real ale enthusiasts...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I know I was just saying we could play that football with Graham at the heart of it if we chose to.

If hes injured for Saturday then id probably go for a front 3 of Dack and Rothwell behind Armstrong.

Eugh, no. Armstrong has been shown to be a failure in that position time and time again. Has to be Nuttall for me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eugh, no. Armstrong has been shown to be a failure in that position time and time again. Has to be Nuttall for me 

Nuttall doesnt look up to the quality required, was really poor when he came on. Surely Brereton has moved up the pecking order without playing?

Ultimately we need a viable alternative to Graham as we dont have one at the moment despite spending 10m on strikers during Mowbrays reign, and Graham has been our player of the season so lets hope hes fit and we dont have this dilemma come Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Nuttall doesnt look up to the quality required, was really poor when he came on. Surely Brereton has moved up the pecking order without playing?

Ultimately we need a viable alternative to Graham as we dont have one at the moment despite spending 10m on strikers during Mowbrays reign, and Graham has been our player of the season so lets hope hes fit and we dont have this dilemma come Saturday.

Ya, even Brereton. I really don't rate Armstrong up front by himself. I don't think he does enough off the ball and is inconsistent on it 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, even Brereton. I really don't rate Armstrong up front by himself. I don't think he does enough off the ball and is inconsistent on it 

I do like Armstrong, but ultimately I don't think hes been a particularly good signing so far, save for an incredible month in January of course, he has been poor far more often than good.

Plenty to work with, so quick and direct and a good finisher, but his numbers need to improve next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

lowey.jpg.cf4041a1080687263bfca62a9ea622b4.jpg

The John Lowey derby

Think I can just make out Madon on the Blackburn End!!

Then off to the pub, 'reckon I know 9 of the team for Saturday lads!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • J*B unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.