BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

12 hours ago, Athlete said:

Bull s hit propoganda.

I have a close mate here who is lifelong Forest and he is more out of kilter than me.

I agree that TM has done ok for us and I will not be blaming him if we go down. He's been a one armed cook baking a cake made with eggs that are off.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

They basically needed to win one game and made very hard work of that against Huddersfield's reserves. There are serious problems at Big Club and if they don't bring in the right manager (how about that Gary Rowett fella?) they have to be among the favourites to drop next season. 

If Brum stay up and 'Arry takes the gig I will enjoy his 'spending' activity making their owners eyes bleed. A vastly over rated Spiv.

Despite the (in my opinion) unfair stick he's got from a few, he's got to stay imo. He won't be replaced, I think he did well despite the relegation.

With TM, lenihan, nyambe, a couple of the old guard, I think we will fair much better than this season over 46 games.

• Like 2

Although I do like the bloke and would support him next season, I couldn't help but picture an older version of Bowyer as he was helplessly clapping towards the end.

In the end he could do nothing about Ipswich rolling over and Bristol playing keep ball but not bothering trying to score. We lost it against Burton, Preston and Barnsley.

Yes, what has happened with Birmingham stinks but ultimately trying to win by one goal has failed more often that it's worked.

Venkys relegated us when they had a choice to make and they (or their advisors) chose Coyle. The #coyleout campaign was blasted last June by the "Give him a chance FFS" brigade but they are vindicated today. Not that it makes anyone feel better to say I told you so.

• Like 2

Really hope he stays. Been a real positive since coming in. This pathetic excuse of a squad should have been relegated weeks ago, he almost pulled off the miracle.

New owners and TM to sign a new deal. There's gonna be huge pressure on Venkys to sell, more than ever before. And certainly more than there would have been if we'd stayed up. That's the only crumb of comfort right now. 

Just now, Stuart said:

1. Although I do like the bloke and would support him next season, I couldn't help but picture an older version of Bowyer as he was helplessly clapping towards the end.

2.In the end he could do nothing about Ipswich rolling over and Bristol playing keep ball but not bothering trying to score. We lost it against Burton, Preston and Barnsley.

3. Yes, what has happened with Birmingham stinks but ultimately trying to win by one goal has failed more often that it's worked.

5. Venkys relegated us when they had a choice to make and they (or their advisors) chose Coyle. The #coyleout campaign was blasted last June by the "Give him a chance FFS" brigade but they are vindicated today. Not that it makes anyone feel better to say I told you so.

1. What should he be doing? Sat on bench? Kicking lumps out of the touch line? 

2. 46 games. If we'd had him from the start it would be different.

3. We gave goals away through mistakes, those individual errors that cost us points. Setting up to be organised is not "trying to win by one goal", in my humble opinion. To sweep a tactical approach into one sentence like such offers zip.

4. "Give him a chance brigade"... again, I'm never shocked by the want to group fans together to hit with a short stick! I know you agree that there isn't a single Rovers fan who said he was a good choice, but you cannot be blissfully unaware of how difficult it is to protest an appointment without giving them at least some time to prove themselves.

We agree hugely on the mistakes that Venkys are responsible for but for Tony Mowbray, (for me) he has to stay! I personally see another Lambert scenario. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

1. What should he be doing? Sat on bench? Kicking lumps out of the touch line? 

2. 46 games. If we'd had him from the start it would be different.

3. We gave goals away through mistakes, those individual errors that cost us points. Setting up to be organised is not "trying to win by one goal", in my humble opinion. To sweep a tactical approach into one sentence like such offers zip.

4. "Give him a chance brigade"... again, I'm never shocked by the want to group fans together to hit with a short stick! I know you agree that there isn't a single Rovers fan who said he was a good choice, but you cannot be blissfully unaware of how difficult it is to protest an appointment without giving them at least some time to prove themselves.

We agree hugely on the mistakes that Venkys are responsible for but for Tony Mowbray, (for me) he has to stay! I personally see another Lambert scenario. 

Oh just shut the F up for once! :angry: 

I'm trying to rationalise what just happened and you've just spent 2-3 minutes trying to counter every point in some kind of one-up-manship.

Now is not the time.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Thanks Tony you gave us hope but the job was too big after Coyles tenure.

He has to stay but fear he will take the blame and walk 

On Fri May 05 2017 at 9:52 AM, Tom said:

I do feel for Mowbray he's got a couple of things wrong but we would have been comfy over a season with him over Coyle.

Its going to be horrible seeing Arry lauded as a genius when he was handed survival on a plate by Huddersfield

Very dodgy if you ask me.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Thanks Tony you gave us hope but the job was too big after Coyles tenure.

He has to stay but fear he will take the blame and walk 

Spot on, you can tell he will be a "necessary cut". Disaster.

Just now, booth said:

Very dodgy if you ask me.

Very much so.

Hope somebody wipes floor with Huddersfield. The though of that smug "who me?" Wagner sat on the away dugout at some of the top PL grounds makes me sick.

• Like 2

Been very impressed with the last two games, the attitude of the players was excellent,  in complete contrast to the home games against Barnsley and Bristol City which effectively sunk us in conjunction with the late goals conceded against Norwich and Preston. There were one or two rumours of dressing room unrest and it doesn't seem inconceivable that this was the case but that it was resolved before the final two games.

Mowbray seems a thoroughly decent and honest man and right now regardless of ability that almost seems enough after Coyle and Lambert. I'll bet he hasn't inserted a get out clause in his contract if things don't go as well as he had hoped and will see his end of the bargain out until the end.

Even now our fate could go either way and is entirely in the owners hands. If Mowbray stays and has a competitive budget by League one standards and is allowed to sign his own players as opposed t o a.n. other bunch of loanees then there is no real reason why we cant begin to start the long and painful climb back.

If it's simply a case of more cost cutting and selling everything that moves then we're likely to continue on a downward trajectory.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm trying to rationalise what just happened and you've just spent 2-3 minutes trying to counter every point in some kind of one-up-manship.

Now is not the time.

It's called discussion Stuart, if you don't want it, dont make posts with thinly veiled slants at other fans, or bring back 3 year old bowyer arguments that make no sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

It's called discussion Stuart, if you don't want it, dont make posts with thinly veiled slants at other fans, or bring back 3 year old bowyer arguments that make no sense. 

If you don't understand it, don't respond. Leave it to those who do.

Thinly veiled? Don't blame me if you were one of those who thought Coyle deserved a chance - despite his obviously @#/? record - just because a ball hadn't been kicked.

Just now, Stuart said:

Although I do like the bloke and would support him next season, I couldn't help but picture an older version of Bowyer as he was helplessly clapping towards the end.

In the end he could do nothing about Ipswich rolling over and Bristol playing keep ball but not bothering trying to score. We lost it against Burton, Preston and Barnsley.

Yes, what has happened with Birmingham stinks but ultimately trying to win by one goal has failed more often that it's worked.

Venkys relegated us when they had a choice to make and they (or their advisors) chose Coyle. The #coyleout campaign was blasted last June by the "Give him a chance FFS" brigade but they are vindicated today. Not that it makes anyone feel better to say I told you so.

Lost it against Burton, Preston and Barnsley? 46 game season and we lost it all under Mowbray in those three matches? Two of which we drew. No mention of the countless defeats earlier in the year. Great argument Stu, couldn't agree less!

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

If you don't understand it, don't respond. Leave it to those who do.

Thinly veiled? Don't blame me if you were one of those who thought Coyle deserved a chance - despite his obviously @#/? record - just because a ball hadn't been kicked.

Don't blame me if... jesus wept.!!

There are no fans who are to blame. Wasn't I reading you cut a poster down earlier for 2 sentences in 2/300 words that you could wait to "quaff" at? For saying the exact thing, the NAPM are not to blame, no fan is to blame, no fans should feel "vindicated" for "giving Coyle a chance when they had no choice".

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Appointing Coyle was suicidal. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that. Give him a chance ? He'd had his chances at Bolton, Wigan and whatever club he managed in the US !

The man WAS appointed. What are we supposed to do after that? Get the games stopped till he's gone? Are the 100% none militant Rovers fan base who didn't do that after half time against Norwich equally responsible? 

• Backroom
Just now, Biz said:

The man WAS appointed. What are we supposed to do after that? Get the games stopped till he's gone? Are the 100% none militant Rovers fan base who didn't do that after half time against Norwich equally responsible? 

Coyle should never have been supported by the fanbase IMV, for numerous reasons. I said that at the time and still very much believe it - however, most of the ire should have been directed towards Venky's rather than the man himself.