BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Image result for brian clough chairman sack quote

Going to leave this just here for Mike Cheston/Venkys and give BRFC and the board a wide berth for a bit.

All the best lads.

There is a glaring problem here. We all pretty much know that Cheston did not appoint/choose Coyle. The real question is who did and why do they still have influence??

Edit: forgot to add "and how do we get rid of them!"

Edited by klc_2012

Just now, RoyRover said:

I thought the owners were scraping the barrel when Owen Coyle was appointed. This is a whole different barrel.

Did some Blackburn fan run over Mrs Venkys cat eight years ago and her revenge was to buy the club and run it into the ground? Someone has done something to them to peeve them off this badly that they seem intent on destroying the club as punishment.

I am convinced they intend to destroy us.

Paul Senior of the plastic smile and year round tan is their latest TOOL.

22 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Manger well head coach... with a Senior in charge pretending to play director of football.

You seriously have to wonder who the hell walks out on SISU and joins Venkys months later, it's hardly someone with a high level of self respect is it and it's borderline hypocritical.

He can do whatever. I genuinely don't care anymore, good luck to him.

Support from day one? We've done that for each of the Venky 7 appointments with each one progressively more underwhelming than any predecessor bar Lambert. Did we really have Lambert to Coyle to Mowbray in 12 months or am I in a bad dream. It's come to the point where I think support needs to earned over a period of time and not just give on day one because we've got our latest washed up has been with the Venky/SEM PR machine in the background lapping up the "support".

It's not the scenario that we would all want is it? The point I am making is that any new player or member of staff deserves a chance. Do I rate Senior? Do I rate Cheston? Etc? 

Regardless of those answers, I don't have much of say but my opinion should be developed with experience, not just a gut "he's obviously a pawn"..

Senior needed to get rid of Coyle and he has done, whilst it probably should've been earlier - I appreciate that influence. I didn't appreciate his lies about value, but I can understand why he said it. If Mowbray becomes a successful head coach by keeping us up and improving us next year, it will be a success.

We are all annoyed about the previous 6 years, but that's not a reason (imo) to defecate on any changes, especially when this one has been swift and necessary!

Could I have been less underwhelmed? Yes, but I could've also been a lot angrier if this had gone on for weeks to be another "give it to the reserves" manager decision. The scenario is perilous.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Swift is debatable. Apparently the players were told last week that Coyle wouldn't be taking training (probably around the time a certain agency started a media blitz targeting Venky's) yet he was still in charge for the United game and only sacked yesterday. Meanwhile Senior has basically wanted Coyle to be removed since he was hired at the beginning of January.

It was the same with Bowyer. Apparently he knew well in advance that he was going to be replaced, possibly before the season had even started. Venky's don't do swift. 

Baffling appointment, I have a bad feeling about this one although I really hope he proves me wrong. Underwhelming to say the least, for me we may as well have stuck with Coyle as this offers no improvement over what we had, take into account he has brought no backroom staff and I think we are actually worse off.

Also, anyone else find the "Head Coach" title slightly bizarre??

Just now, Jbizzle said:

It's not the scenario that we would all want is it? The point I am making is that any new player or member of staff deserves a chance. Do I rate Senior? Do I rate Cheston? Etc? 

Regardless of those answers, I don't have much of say but my opinion should be developed with experience, not just a gut "he's obviously a pawn"..

Senior needed to get rid of Coyle and he has done, whilst it probably should've been earlier - I appreciate that influence. I didn't appreciate his lies about value, but I can understand why he said it. If Mowbray becomes a successful head coach by keeping us up and improving us next year, it will be a success.

We are all annoyed about the previous 6 years, but that's not a reason (imo) to defecate on any changes, especially when this one has been swift and necessary!

Could I have been less underwhelmed? Yes, but I could've also been a lot angrier if this had gone on for weeks to be another "give it to the reserves" manager decision. The scenario is perilous.

I agree with some of that but senior is now part of the venkys disease.. 

He already said he's looking forward to an exciting summer so regardless if Mowbray keeps us up he'll have no say in transfers.. So we go again.. 

The fact is no Matter who is in the dug out venkys cheston senior coar and whoever else all need to depart 

Just now, Brian-Potter said:

Baffling appointment, I have a bad feeling about this one although I really hope he proves me wrong. Underwhelming to say the least, for me we may as well have stuck with Coyle as this offers no improvement over what we had, take into account he has brought no backroom staff and I think we are actually worse off.

Also, anyone else find the "Head Coach" title slightly bizarre??

I am quite sure the head coach title was only because Senior wants it that way. I would have thought that the statement Senior made about have a list A and a list B more or less tells us that it will be him, not the manager, who will be responsible for the new signings.

In terms of Mowbray, I understand why some people are disappointed, but we have to give him a chance. He will be a change from the waffle we were fed from Coyle and the Cream cakes and Table Tournaments are behind us. From the little I have read, Mowbray wont take any nonsense. If he gets the players fitter and more organised, who knows. He has nothing to lose in my views, as most fans think we will be relegated and if he saves us, will be quite rightly hailed for doing so. The next 3 games are crucial and if we can get two wins from them, we have a chance, so a roll of the dice is fair.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Glad Coyle has gone. Relegation must be avoided.

Can Mowbray keep us up? Thats all the matters for the next three months.

All that matters is getting rid of Venkys. If we survive this time around we'all go down next season.

Dont fall for the managerial change, its not some sort of magic bullet, its just a stop gap trying to head off the inevitable 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Just now, chor808 said:

There are more fans at his other clubs having positive things to say about Tony Mowbray - than negative.

I think he will do ok for Rovers and keep us up.

I reckon Mowbray thinks the same.

I think this was planned awhile ago. Maybe the club had to wait for the extra income from the Man U match, before implementing the removal of coyle.

The more I read about Mowbray the better I feel. The man seems a million miles away from the likes of Kean and Coyle in character, his overall management record is better than many who give it a go, and it's not often fans of past clubs are so positive. 

Yes he's been fired a few times but then so had Souness, whose appointment was greeted on here with much negativity. Obviously he's got question marks but that's where we are today.

Are we also now without a goalkeeping coach? Good! Jobs for the boys post apart from those used by elite keepers. Steele doesn't need a coach, he needs a career counsellor.

• Like 3

Just now, 1arC said:

I am quite sure the head coach title was only because Senior wants it that way. I would have thought that the statement Senior made about have a list A and a list B more or less tells us that it will be him, not the manager, who will be responsible for the new signings.

The above is why Senior should be nowhere near Ewood.......

On Mowbray he probably has took a look at it and thought its a route back into football if I can keep these lot up I'll move on cos we all know that more cost cutting is coming in the summer..

Two huge games will have a big bearing wether or not we stay up the Bristol game tonight followed by our game at Burton Friday , A Bristol win tonite and  a defeat for us maybe too big a mountain to climb as another poster said if you look at what kept Coventry up in league one with 14 games to go if that's repeated it gives us a chance but no guarantee......

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

The more I read about Mowbray the better I feel. The man seems a million miles away from the likes of Kean and Coyle in character, his overall management record is better than many who give it a go, and it's not often fans of past clubs are so positive. 

Yes he's been fired a few times but then so had Souness, whose appointment was greeted on here with much negativity. Obviously he's got question marks but that's where we are today.

Are we also now without a goalkeeping coach? Good! Jobs for the boys post apart from those used by elite keepers. Steele doesn't need a coach, he needs a career counsellor.

As an aside, it was Mowbray who brought Steele through at Boro.

• Backroom

Feeling a bit more positive about this, he's one of those that you assume is a failure due to his demeanour but his record isn't that bad and seems honest at least.

Good luck to him 

Starting away to Burton this week then have three home games versus Derby, Wigan & Cardiff which if being optimistic are all winnable. 

We then face Norwich (A), Fulham (A), Preston (H), Brighton (A), Reading (A) & Barnsley (H) which are all tough games.

Final five games are crucial after that run with Forest (A), Bristol City (H), Wolves (A), Villa (H) & Brentford (A).

Mowbray must of looked at the fixtures, looked at the squad and thought it was possible or why take the job and have a relegation oh his CV.

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Feeling a bit more positive about this, he's one of those that you assume is a failure due to his demeanour but his record isn't that bad and seems honest at least.

Good luck to him 

The simple truth is that your last two jobs aren't SISU owned Coventry and Venky's owned Rovers unless you're kind of desperate. Nonetheless, it just clicks for some managers at certain teams. Look at Coyle and Burnley. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll click with us and Mowbray. 

Sad fact is even if he does succeed and keep us up, another round of cost cutting in the summer will put paid to any chance of competing at this level and leave us at a point where even the elite managers couldn't stop the inevitable.