BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Rover down South said:

Starting away to Burton this week then have three home games versus Derby, Wigan & Cardiff which if being optimistic are all winnable. 

We then face Norwich (A), Fulham (A), Preston (H), Brighton (A), Reading (A) & Barnsley (H) which are all tough games.

Final five games are crucial after that run with Forest (A), Bristol City (H), Wolves (A), Villa (H) & Brentford (A).

Mowbray must of looked at the fixtures, looked at the squad and thought it was possible or why take the job and have a relegation oh his CV.

Not completely disagreeing with you or anything, but how about a mortgage and bills to pay, for starters.

Edited by donnermeat

Just now, Rover down South said:

Starting away to Burton this week then have three home games versus Derby, Wigan & Cardiff which if being optimistic are all winnable. 

We then face Norwich (A), Fulham (A), Preston (H), Brighton (A), Reading (A) & Barnsley (H) which are all tough games.

Final five games are crucial after that run with Forest (A), Bristol City (H), Wolves (A), Villa (H) & Brentford (A).

Mowbray must of looked at the fixtures, looked at the squad and thought it was possible or why take the job and have a relegation oh his CV.

Would 7 wins keep us up? 

I am apathetic about the appointment but at least it shows some kind of ambition. He is a decent manager with an average cv. Unless there is a dark Sem/ kentaro link than I am unaware of I am going to get behind him and the team to hope we stay in the division. 

I am sorry but I just couldn't get behind coyle, even winning matches was burdened with the reality that he was staying another week at least. Not always because of coyle himself, but the reasons he was appointed with the connection. I didn't even care about the burnl@y link - as he jumped ship from them.

I know the poison is still at large but it's a fresh start and hopefully he can get more out of this squad that mr ping pong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he keeps us up will people give him a chance? 

I honestly don't think I can handle another summer of negativity. 

Why is it on us fans again to give him a chance?

This will be the seventh manager we are being told to back, the owners want to try backing one.

• Like 4

If we found ourselves in mid table, with a decent club structure, and owners that gave a t0ss, Mowbary would be a decent appointment in the current climate.

I wish him the best of luck because he's now the manager of my football club, but he'll be doing his job with one arm tied behind his back like everyone before him, so he's set to fail, its just a matter of when he's sacked.

#venkysout

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Well when all is said and done this is the last throw of the dice for this season.

I'll be behind him till he gives reason not to be and a win on Friday and everything may look a lot different.

100% not the man I would have gone for but we were certain for the drop with Coyle anyway 

This. 

Disappointed at this stage but the new team might be able to come up with one or two tweaks and ideas that will keep us up this season. 

Memo to Tony: Might be an idea to bring a load of planks, some nails and a hammer and board our goal up.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That is why I don't get the 18 month contract. 

He probably wouldn't have come for any less? At least on only an 18 month deal he is probably committed to the job for the full term of the contract and is not here for a quick pay day with one eye on the exit door before he even gets here like Lambert.

Under the circumstances it seems a decent appointment.  Plenty of experience and both Lowe and Dunny know the players he is going to be working with which should help.  I feel we have at least have given ourselves a chance of avoiding relegation with this appointment. Only time will tell but wish him all the luck in the world.

• Like 2

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Under the circumstances it seems a decent appointment.  Plenty of experience and both Lowe and Dunny know the players he is going to be working with which should help.  I feel we have at least have given ourselves a chance of avoiding relegation with this appointment. Only time will tell but wish him all the luck in the world.

Yet more poor appointments from Rovers parsons with Dunny selling out for his twenty pieces of silver.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

True test will be in his first press conference, ask him who his agent is and see if he tells porkies.

Thought according to you it doesn't matter who the manager is Gav. If that's the case why then does it  not matter who the manager is but it does matter who his agent is? Lol.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought according to you it doesn't matter who the manager is Gav. If that's the case why then does it  not matter who the manager is but it does matter who his agent is? Lol.

Doesn't matter, 7yrs years has taught most of us that, you need to catchup and stop blaming Lambert for everything :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

As this has Seniors paws all over it, it will be interesting to see what happens with Lucas Joao.

Clownpants clearly didn't want him only subbed him on once (against Leeds) was left on the bench at both QPR and Rotherham.

He was clearly Seniors signing.

Was thinking that he would have been particularly pleased with Coyle's departure. Don't know if he's any use or not but it appears Coyle wouldn't have considered him either way out of pettiness. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

No -one else seems to have mentioned this but might it not be a long term positive that Dunny is here learning the ropes under Mowbray?

Right. Off to buy a new packet of straws.