BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

Yes Tugay was superbly accurate to feet and into space when his invisible friend was injured but Cowan's ability to stop a ball hit with pace was superior and produced more often- not unusual to do it four times in a match.

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Yes Tugay was superbly accurate to feet and into space when his invisible friend was injured but Cowan's ability to stop a ball hit with pace was superior and produced more often- not unusual to do it four times in a match.

Personally I thought Waggy’s crossfield diagonal passes to Hird had the best combination of accuracy and backspin I’ve ever seen.

26 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Personally I thought Waggy’s crossfield diagonal passes to Hird had the best combination of accuracy and backspin I’ve ever seen.

Oh boy this is embarrassing.

I was thinking of Wagstaffe, not Cowans.

You are absolutely correct.

All Midlands clubs look the same from this distance in time and space.....

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray unsurprisingly going for the same boring set of players and not taking the likes of Chapman and Davenport.

Screenshot_20190328-143137_Twitter.jpg

So non of the above and rothwell will probably have had his rusk took off him so it's no youth and no energy aswell as an ass whooping. Great 

Let's hope David Raya is having one of his less suicidal afternoons or this could become embarrassing

Back to the grind for Rovers, and fortunately for us we have some more bodies to throw in the mix. Bit crappy that the youngsters have been pushed back for the time being, as it was something to get excited about.  Well we will have to wait till early evening Saturday to see if we benefited form the international break at all?  Tough stretch ahead for Rovers, be lucky to get anything on Saturday but football is a funny old game! One man who is confident of a win this weekend is Villa supporter Dan Collins who I spoke with earlier this week, catch his thoughts, an updated form book and a shocker from the cat. 

Shock horror, Chapman left behind.  What's with TM and this guy.  Oh yeah he has some excitement and creativity about him.  Bet Rothwell  does not start either.  Seriously thinking of doing something else for this one.

I find it ridiculous that Magliore won't be involved on Saturday after playing a big part in the clean sheet against Wigan and a decent game at Sheffield. I think it's poor management from Mowbray who will probably go with the brittle usual suspects.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I find it ridiculous that Magliore won't be involved on Saturday after playing a big part in the clean sheet against Wigan and a decent game at Sheffield. I think it's poor management from Mowbray who will probably go with the brittle usual suspects.

There are a few players (Chapman especially but also the likes of Davenport, Buckley and Butterworth would be in over the likes of Smallwood, Bennett and Conway) that would make me agree with your notion that hes going with the usual suspects. But I thought Magloire especially at Wednesday looked miles short of what is required, and cant head a ball.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

There are a few players (Chapman especially but also the likes of Davenport, Buckley and Butterworth would be in over the likes of Smallwood, Bennett and Conway) that would make me agree with your notion that hes going with the usual suspects. But I thought Magloire especially at Wednesday looked miles short of what is required, and cant head a ball.

He was decent in my opinion with a host of others being similar. None of the goals were attributable to him and in the clean sheet game against Wigan he stood up to the physicality and looked good. If you consider Lenihans, Mulgrews and Rodwells last games for us how can Mowbray justify putting them straight back in? 

Mowbray will no doubt cite experience as his rationale but I just think it's unfair on Magliore who in my book didn't do a lot wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Agree. That was my biggest concern when he was called up against wigan. This lad has potential but he is far from ready to be thrown into first team action. He proved me wrong against Wigan but the concerns I had started appearing against Wednesday. 

As the season is over I find it frustrating that he won't give rothwell, Chapman, Davenport and brereton a start ( not necessarily all in the same game but a couple phased in throughout the rest of the season) and Buckley and Butterworth to at the absolute minimum be in the traveling 18.

I can only assume Tony knows where on the road to a hiding against a very good, inform villa side with everything to play for and is protecting them but you would think brereton and Davenport have enough championship experience between them to be making the bench and we all know Chapman has the quality to effect games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, philipl said:

I used to marvel at his ability to do that, and the way he would drop a ball in behind a back four even on an angle and get it to hold up or come back on the bounce. He was a sublime player, he totally made David Platt.

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray unsurprisingly going for the same boring set of players and not taking the likes of Chapman and Davenport.

Screenshot_20190328-143137_Twitter.jpg

I think the sooner Mowbray is removed from our football club the better.

If we get mullered at Villa and it hastens Mowbray's departure then I'll take it.

Just now, Mercer said:

I think the sooner Mowbray is removed from our football club the better.

If we get mullered at Villa and it hastens Mowbray's departure then I'll take it.

They won't sack him this season and I doubt they will sack him in October when we're stuck in the bottom 3. They will probably act around January / February when of course it will be too late. 

• Like 2

Of course Mowbray is going to back his players , did you really expect him to be Honest and say ". yeah I have got these players that I know are not good enough for this level any more , perhaps they never were  , and we really need to replace them in the summer , in fact I would rather play lads from the u23's that's this lot "

i am am going tomorrow and fully expect a whipping no matter what team Mowbray puts out 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maglorie wasnt good at Sheffield Wednesday. 

Best 4 players at the Sheffield Wednesdsy was Bennett, Dack, Rothwell and Travis IMO. 

You bloody love Bennett don’t you Chaddy. Take away his sterling social media work and he’s had one mediocre season along with the rest (bar Graham and Travis).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

I can't see anything other than a comfortable Villa win here. They're going for the play-offs and were in mid-table and nothing to play for, so they'll be more fired up that us. Add our defensive weakness into the mix and them having the best striker in the league, it could be a tricky afternoon. 

4-1 Villa. 

• Like 1