BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season 2019/20

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The u-23s have now had their friendly with Southport called off due to pitch resurfacing issues. Not saying there is some odd conspiracy (Southport have also cancelled their Blackpool fixture for starters) but this is weird. I can't remember this ever happening to us before? Now it's happened to our first and second team, at two different clubs.

Maybe the same pitch consultant referred to in today's LT article about it advised both clubs?

It's being played at Brockhall instead.

According to the Bury Times, our friendly at Gigg Lane is expected to go ahead next Wednesday. https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17763806.wilko-39-s-bury-rebuild-way/

However, another report on the same website looks at a letter that Forever Bury, the diehard fans, sent last Friday to the club chairman. They understand that the club won't have paid the necessary insurance premiums by the start of next season which would means that home League and Cup games are unlikely to be able to be played.

I'm not sure if there are different rules for pre-season friendlies, though I can't imagine there would be.

5 hours ago, m1st said:

According to the Bury Times, our friendly at Gigg Lane is expected to go ahead next Wednesday. https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17763806.wilko-39-s-bury-rebuild-way/

However, another report on the same website looks at a letter that Forever Bury, the diehard fans, sent last Friday to the club chairman. They understand that the club won't have paid the necessary insurance premiums by the start of next season which would means that home League and Cup games are unlikely to be able to be played.

I'm not sure if there are different rules for pre-season friendlies, though I can't imagine there would be.

I read something about them not having a safety certificate for Gigg Lane and the likelihood of getting one in time wasn't too good.

Adam with another 2 goals, Nuttall also getting a goal.

Bit of a worry that Davenport is involved with the under 23s whilst Smallwood is presumably with the seniors, and also that Davenport went off early. I think its a bit pie in the sky to expect that Evans and Smallwood will be left behind by Mowbray.

Screenshot_20190717-141210_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Looks like Chapman got 45 minutes in the behind closed doors game earlier today. Hopefully putting worries that he's still injuted to bed

Thats great news - guess he was just ill after all.

Just now, skous18 said:

How many goals have Adam scored for us in the last two weeks and how many goals have Smallwood and Evans scored combined since their arrival at Ewood -_-

Very true. Seen online that were not going to pursue a deal with Adam. Not heard anything about Butterfield yet. But hes certainly scoring goals in pre season to put himself in the shop window

9 minutes ago, skous18 said:

How many goals have Adam scored for us in the last two weeks and how many goals have Smallwood and Evans scored combined since their arrival at Ewood -_-

Nothing makes my blood boil more than hearing Evans & Smallwood. Honestly one (even better) both need to go. 

• Like 3

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Nothing makes my blood boil more than hearing Evans & Smallwood. Honestly one (even better) both need to go. 

Smallwood was good in league one but for me was found wanting in the Championship. Would rather him go between him and Evans. Depending on what happens with Butterfield and Adam could decide Evans fate

34 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We beat Macclesfield 3-1.

Nuttall and a brace from Adam.

Chapman got 45mins as did Gallagher.

Davenport only made it till 33 mins though, hopefully it's not an injury concern

Bit disappointing that Davenport is with the under 23's and Smallwood is with the first team.

I'm just hoping that they've put the players who needed less game time in this squad. Like Nyambe, Gallagher and Chapman, along with the trialists.

Just now, Gary C said:

Smallwood was good in league one but for me was found wanting in the Championship. Would rather him go between him and Evans. Depending on what happens with Butterfield and Adam could decide Evans fate

Butterfield was on loan at Bradford last season, not sure we should be bringing him in. Adam perhaps but not Butterfield.. 

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Butterfield was on loan at Bradford last season, not sure we should be bringing him in. Adam perhaps but not Butterfield.. 

Adam has 3 in pre season don't really have a central midfielder who chips in with goals. So I wouldn't be against it. We seem to have a lot of midfielders though so if he stays we need to move some on 

46 minutes ago, Gary C said:

Adam has 3 in pre season don't really have a central midfielder who chips in with goals. So I wouldn't be against it. We seem to have a lot of midfielders though so if he stays we need to move some on 

Bring him in and get rid of Smallwood and Evans and the midfield looks strong 

• Like 1