BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dario Marcolin

Commondore

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Not entirely sure if this fits the thread, but it's too good to go unnoticed; Don't miss you opportunity to own a genuine 1999 Dario Marcolin away shirt!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackburn-Rovers-18-Marcolin-Player-Shirt-1999-00-Large-L-Uhlsport-Jersey/333026064602?hash=item4d89e678da:g:h~oAAOSwTEZcRMIU:rk:9:pf:0

I genuinely have no idea who he is. I don't remember him playing for us, although wiki says he did make ten appearances. Strange as I remember pretty much every other player from around this dismal time for the club, but not this guy. 

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

10 apps and scored one goal against Utd apparently. Me too, ave no recollection of this guy.

Was a Roy Hodgson signing I think. Think an Italian Jason Lowe. Games seemed to pass him by. Not up to the speed and intensity of the Premier League

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Was a Roy Hodgson signing I think. Think an Italian Jason Lowe. Games seemed to pass him by. Not up to the speed and intensity of the Premier League

Another forgotten man who was featured recently in our excellent "Who Were You?" series. Raises the possibility that he was actually underrated and underused in 98/99. Another from that era coming in this February's Issue 95!

dario1.jpg

dario2.jpg

Edited by 4,000 Holes
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, 4,000 Holes said:

Thanks....we've also had Dino Baggio, Richard Brown, Johann Vogel, Alan Fettis and Javier de Pedro featured in the past - always brings back stories which are barely remembered!!

Get one of this man done, a wrongfully persecuted legend 

72.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 4,000 Holes said:

Thanks....we've also had Dino Baggio, Richard Brown, Johann Vogel, Alan Fettis and Javier de Pedro featured in the past - always brings back stories which are barely remembered!!

What do they get, a sentence each ?

When we played Glencirbigli away I dashed home from work to watch the game on TV. I missed the first minute or so and I didn't know who was playing. After about 5 minutes I'd figured out 10 of the team but I couldn't figure out the 11th player. Then about 30 minutes into the game Baggio finally touched the ball and I realised he was playing !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What do they get, a sentence each ?

When we played Glencirbigli away I dashed home from work to watch the game on TV. I missed the first minute or so and I didn't know who was playing. After about 5 minutes I'd figured out 10 of the team but I couldn't figure out the 11th player. Then about 30 minutes into the game Baggio finally touched the ball and I realised he was playing !

Haha, incredibly there's 2 to 4 pages on each of them.... depsite the lack of appearances at Ewood!

• Backroom

He appeared briefly as a sub in an FA Cup game, according to wiki, so it could be from that. To be fair the lad was only 18/19 at the time. Strange that we bought him in then shipped him out so quickly, considering how young he was.