BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bryan Dabo

roversoutsider

I've always liked following Ligue 1 and, it has to be said Bryan Dabo is playing extremely well atm. I've watched his team play 2-3 times this season and I've been very impressed by him. Think a more pacy, athletic and attack minded version of Akpan. They did a full length feature on him this past week where his teammates and manager all think he's very talented and destined for greater things. They also showed a few of his highlights and some of his goals were brilliant considering the positions he mostly plays in. There was this one instance where he dispossesses Cavani, outmuscles him, dribbles past another player and launches a counter with an accurate 40 yard diagonal ball. Brilliant! And, when asked about his time at Blackburn, he sounded a bit upset(angry?) at not having been given a chance to prove himself and says that only made him stronger mentally and so in a way thanked that experience. But he said he would still love to go back and play in England. If we can get him, it would be massive as he's turned into quite a tidy player. And his manager said he can play well in 7 different positions which would give us much needed depth. At the end of the interview, the narrator even said his recent performances have forced him into national team reckoning and his manager already thinks he's good enough for France! I think that's a classic case of manager bigging his player up but be that as it may, for a player who couldn't get near our squad of 18, it seems like a dramatic turnaround. He looks set for a move to a bigger club tho and it has to be said what a cock-up by Bowyer that was. Or is the Championship a significant jump up from the Ligue 1?

Edited by roversoutsider

Watched him play in the U21's a bit and a first thought yes he looks like he has something. Good touch, awareness and movement although clearly struggled with the pace and nature of the game even at that level. His performances went downhill though and to me he didn't look very interested but maybe that was down to some false promises or maybe he didn't get a chance because he wasn't working hard enough.

Anyway to get into Bowyers midfield last season your name quite simply had to be Evans, Williamson or Lowe, otherwise.........

Edited by tomphil