BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton Wanderers Unpaid Staff Need Food bank.

27 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Very odd situation this,wide open to accusations of favouritism,still no signs of further points deductions for the Brentford postponement?

Going to be a very long season for Bolton and its fans.

They hope it will be.

It could be over after one game.

Bolton seem to think they should avoid further points deductions for what happened last season as it 'isnt fair' on their fans or potential new owners.

What about whats fair for the other 23 clubs in their league though? 

Why should Bury, Rochdale, Stanley have a tougher job to survive just to make life easier for Bolton?. Another 6 points off Bolton's tally might be unpleasant for them but will make it more likely a club that pays its bills will survive in the league.

• Like 7

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bolton seem to think they should avoid further points deductions for what happened last season as it 'isnt fair' on their fans or potential new owners.

What about whats fair for the other 23 clubs in their league though? 

Why should Bury, Rochdale, Stanley have a tougher job to survive just to make life easier for Bolton?. Another 6 points off Bolton's tally might be unpleasant for them but will make it more likely a club that pays its bills will survive in the league.

Also, again, it's about setting a precedent. If Bolton go unpunished for failing to fulfil one of their fixtures then the EFL are opening the door for others clubs to do the same and expect no repurcussions. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

A bit harsh from Pressley, especially when you think he's managed a basket case club in Coventry city in the past.

And played for and managed Hearts who, although long after he left, damn near went bust due to overspending. And played for the Old Rangers who, again after his time, actually did go bust due to rediculous overspending.

i see the takeover of bolton is likely to be completed in the next 24 hours before the opening game according to the latest reports. During discussions, the new owners probably said 'if you dock more points we are pulling out' and the Football League played safe and left them alone

I find it very strange that Bury FC have a paid social promotion on Facebook, which is essentially the chairman saying stop protesting at my house. If the posts are reaching me it's either 1) very poorly targeted or 2) a very expensive campaign.

12pm deadline today to register players for tomorrow’s game. So with 5 outfield players on the books, presumably half the side will be Academy lads (if the pros actually agree to play)

But will this be another rule the EFL bend and the likes of Conway miraculously turn out for them? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

12pm deadline today to register players for tomorrow’s game. So with 5 outfield players on the books, presumably half the side will be Academy lads (if the pros actually agree to play)

But will this be another rule the EFL bend and the likes of Conway miraculously turn out for them? 

Surely NO club would register a player by 5pm with any whimsical notions of playing them tomorrow?! That makes no sense.

They’ll need a couple of weeks’ training, orientation, and at least a couple of games of table tennis with each of their teammates. Not to mention making sure the WAGs get on with The Group’s WAGs.

• Backroom

They have no kit but agreed a short term kit with Hummel. Hummel make class kits so they’ve done ok there.

Do they even have enough academy players to fill the team tomorrow

Just now, Tom said:

They have no kit but agreed a short term kit with Hummel. Hummel make class kits so they’ve done ok there.

Do they even have enough academy players to fill the team tomorrow

Depends on how much the EFL bend the rules, I believe there have been various out of contract pros at training today...

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Depends on how much the EFL bend the rules, I believe there have been various out of contract pros at training today...

I’ve no doubt some rules will be ignored to help them out 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I'm curious as to how their first match at home is going to go. I get the feeling if tomorrow's match was at the Breezeblock it wouldn't be on - safety standards, etc. They're somewhat fortunate that they're away from home and don't have to worry about any of that stuff yet.