Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17664143.what-we-can-learn-from-the-stats-around-rovers-right-back/

The discussion about the right back position is on the appropriate thread but just a shout out for Rich Sharpe and the LT.

This sort of analysis article is exactly the sort of quality journalism that keeps local papers alive.

I find myself clicking onto the LT for news and views about Rovers increasingly.

Great stuff- long may it continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Natural level based on historical League occupation - top flight Natural level based on trophies- top flight Natural level based on where we were before Jack Walker came along - top end of 2

We certainly did give it a go. There has not been one decent attempt, since the Venky's dismantled us down. So many of our fans have just chosen to re-write the pre-Walker years, when we were reg

No there won't. 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think most of us have been doing that for decades. 

It has been crap for decades but now it has improved. Sorry if I am the only one to have noticed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I saw the worst one on the LT the other day, in an interview with Lenihan they said he was from "County Mead". It's County Meath.

I mean google lads, come on! 

Just assumed that was what they'd been drinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 11:59, Oldgregg86 said:

I wish they would proof read it before publishing but content is very good

Christ, I know. I've repeatedly been tempted to offer them my services. I have no qualifications or official job experience in that area, but you wouldn't see that crap popping up. I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. You'd think they'd have been more careful with something like that.

The Rovers writers (or it may just be Sharpe) also seriously irk me with their tendency to overuse - and often misuse - the word 'admit'.

Fair play to them on the content though, mostly. It must be difficult to squeeze out three or so Rovers stories every day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bluebruce said:

 I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. 

That reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm titled 'My Beloved Aunt' 

Edited by Colt Seavers
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2019 at 13:09, Colt Seavers said:

That reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm titled 'My Beloved Aunt' 

Seen the show a bit but not seen that one, sorry. Something to do with errors in his beloved aunt's obituary maybe?

Edited by bluebruce
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2019 at 13:54, bluebruce said:

Christ, I know. I've repeatedly been tempted to offer them my services. I have no qualifications or official job experience in that area, but you wouldn't see that crap popping up. I did my work experience at the LET at 15 years old. They actually had me proof-reading obituaries at one point, which is pretty shocking in itself, but I fixed a scary amount of errors. You'd think they'd have been more careful with something like that.

The Rovers writers (or it may just be Sharpe) also seriously irk me with their tendency to overuse - and often misuse - the word 'admit'.

Fair play to them on the content though, mostly. It must be difficult to squeeze out three or so Rovers stories every day.

 

Experienced sub-editors have either been sacked, retired or moved on to other jobs. In the face of fierce pressure from the internet, newspaper managements have cut costs to the bone and checking facts, grammar, spelling etc is not deemed important any more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not the show a bit but not seen that one, sorry. Something to do with errors in his beloved aunt's obituary maybe?

 

Yes. I'm afraid the letter 'a' was misprinted as the letter 'c'

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.