BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Lovely artwork BBC, presume the other promoted sides will get the same?

72F1EB8A-927E-4037-90BF-5A0CF067A70E.png

Leeds are just another piece of the TV-League jigsaw falling into place.

And finally with VAR they have the ability to match-fix-in-plain-site to ensure certain teams prosper.

10 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I'm not saying that he wasn't a good appointment or anything, but Leeds also have the highest wage bill and xfer spending in the division-which kinda helps!! Surely Brentford would be the model that we would be looking to replicate..

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pay abit more? They are paying 6 million pounds a season. hardly a bit more is it? How much is Mowbray on? 

Also Leeds pay big wages on players. 

Leeds is an extreme example, my point about people paying a manager a decent amount is a general one.

Imagine though if you say that Bielsa's salary for the last 2 years has been the same as the fees for Brereton and Gallagher over that period! Hes taken a side in mid table with poor managers and revolutionsed them. Even players like Dallas, Klich, Alioski, the transformation has been remarkable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pay abit more? They are paying 6 million pounds a season. hardly a bit more is it? How much is Mowbray on? 

Also Leeds pay big wages on players. 

Where did you pull 6 million from? No way they are paying him over 100k a week, it'll be less than half of that.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Leeds is an extreme example, my point about people paying a manager a decent amount is a general one.

Imagine though if you say that Bielsa's salary for the last 2 years has been the same as the fees for Brereton and Gallagher over that period! Hes taken a side in mid table with poor managers and revolutionsed them. Even players like Dallas, Klich, Alioski, the transformation has been remarkable.

Your manager is the most important member of the staff at any club. As we've seen at Rovers the quality of manager is the difference between success and failure. It's the height of folly to try and employ a manager on the cheap.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Imagine though if you say that Bielsa's salary for the last 2 years has been the same as the fees for Brereton and Gallagher over that period! Hes taken a side in mid table with poor managers and revolutionised them. Even players like Dallas, Klich, Alioski, the transformation has been remarkable.

But what you have overlook is the size of Leeds's wage bill compare to us which is miss factor. 

Also how much do you think Rovers owners pay Mowbray? 500k a season?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But what you have overlook is the size of Leeds's wage bill compare to us which is miss factor. 

Also how much do you think Rovers owners pay Mowbray? 500k a season?

I dont care to be honest. I dont see what it has to do with my point that it makes sense to spend more on the manager rather than getting one on the cheap, ie a quality manager will be more beneficial than a slight increase to a transfer budget. I am not saying that we should or could have appointed Bielsa. I am also not saying that teams should spend 6m on managers from now on. You was insistent both when appointed and at the start of this season that he would be gone shortly, that it was the wrong appointment and that Heckingbottam should have been given more time! 

To discredit Bielsa would be silly considering that hes got a club that in the 5 seasons prior to his arrival had  finished 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th and most recently 13th, got them into the play offs in the first season and up with 2 games to spare as almost certainly Champions in the second year. Theyve got what they paid for and that 12m is a drop in the ocean and a brilliant decision by them, lets be honest.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont care to be honest. I dont see what it has to do with my point that it makes sense to spend more on the manager rather than getting one on the cheap, ie a quality manager will be more beneficial than a slight increase to a transfer budget. I am not saying that we should or could have appointed Bielsa. I am also not saying that teams should spend 6m on managers from now on. You was insistent both when appointed and at the start of this season that he would be gone shortly, that it was the wrong appointment and that Heckingbottam should have been given more time! 

To discredit Bielsa would be silly considering that hes got a club that in the 5 seasons prior to his arrival had  finished 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th and most recently 13th, got them into the play offs in the first season and up with 2 games to spare as almost certainly Champions in the second year. Theyve got what they paid for and that 12m is a drop in the ocean and a brilliant decision by them, lets be honest.

Rovers wont pay 6 million pounds to any manager. 

I haven't discredit Bielsa for taking them up. They deserve to go up. He has made them very good team and play good football at this level. What will they be like in Premier League? Forget the previous 5 years But look at long it has taken them 16 years to get to PL after their relegation in 2004. 16 years. 

Bielsa had a record of walking away from Clubs in his career so it isn't unreasonable to think it could happen again? 

Just now, frosty said:

Bielsa is on around £3m a year Chaddy. Mentioned towards the end of this article by a journo who has covered Leeds for donkeys years.

https://theathletic.com/1901739/2020/07/17/marcelo-bielsa-the-inside-story-of-a-leeds-love-affair-that-made-dreams-come-true/

Yes it's a figure he's made up to help him actually make the point he was arguing against.

Just now, Amo said:

Way before my time, but were Don Revie's Leeds really bent as a nine bob note?

Consensus seems to be they had enough talent to win titles on merit without cheating their asses off.

You not seen The Damned United Amo? You should, Michael Sheen is bloody brilliant in it as Cloughie.

• Like 3

Just now, LDRover said:

You not seen The Damned United Amo? You should, Michael Sheen is bloody brilliant in it as Cloughie.

Yup, seen it. Good film but it does take certain liberties.

Also, Timothy Spall was woefully miscast as Peter Taylor. :lol:

10 minutes ago, frosty said:

Bielsa is on around £3m a year Chaddy. Mentioned towards the end of this article by a journo who has covered Leeds for donkeys years.

https://theathletic.com/1901739/2020/07/17/marcelo-bielsa-the-inside-story-of-a-leeds-love-affair-that-made-dreams-come-true/

Sorry its 6 million pounds for him and staff as the link below says

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/02/blogs/championship/stunning-bielsa-salary-details-emerge/

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Fair play to Leeds, getting in Bielsa was the key. Nearly got them up last season but did the job this season.

Venkys are yet to bring in a decent manager in 10 years and they have never got anywhere near the calibre of a manager like Bielsa to really push us to promotion.

We'll just plod along into midtable next season and throw out the usual excuses.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry its 6 million pounds for him and staff as the link below says

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/02/blogs/championship/stunning-bielsa-salary-details-emerge/

That’s from February 2019 and he signed a new deal last summer. Plus that Phil Hay fella at The Athletic (he was also at Yorkshire Evening Post until recently) knows everything about Leeds.

Either way, it’s turned out to be a bargain and credit to Leeds, a mid-table Championship club at the time, for pushing the boat out and thinking outside the box.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Fair play to Leeds, getting in Bielsa was the key. Nearly got them up last season but did the job this season.

Venkys are yet to bring in a decent manager in 10 years and they have never got anywhere near the calibre of a manager like Bielsa to really push us to promotion.

We'll just plod along into midtable next season and throw out the usual excuses.

no ambitious manager would take the rovers job

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers wont pay 6 million pounds to any manager. 

I haven't discredit Bielsa for taking them up. They deserve to go up. He has made them very good team and play good football at this level. What will they be like in Premier League? Forget the previous 5 years But look at long it has taken them 16 years to get to PL after their relegation in 2004. 16 years. 

Bielsa had a record of walking away from Clubs in his career so it isn't unreasonable to think it could happen again? 

I'm expecting Leeds to stay up next season.