BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

The Cowleys did a fair job at Huddersfield.

Huddersfield were in freefall with 1 point from 6 games when the Cowleys joined and have since taken 50 points from their 39 games in charge.  

Think they deserved another shot at it next season.

I'd take the Cowleys over Mowbray in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd take the Cowleys over Mowbray in a heartbeat.

Me too. I've just been reading his latest comments on our up coming game with Luton. Why is he always talking the opposition up ? He's so bloody negative. Luton are down in the basement for a reason.

Give me Bill Shankly's approach any day - " Manchester Utd , who are they ? Bobby Charlton ? he  couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag, Denis Law ? his knees have gone. George Best ? he'll still be pissed from last night. Nobby Stiles? he's blind.  The rest of them are are rubbish, I don't even know who they are  ! "

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Long ball merchants. Say what you want about Mowbray, but at least we can pass it around a bit better.

Could be ideal for Sammy G and Lenihan's hoof but I don't see it happening.

Not really worried if it is long ball or possession based football, so long as it is effective, we win matches and we get promoted.

• Like 2

He'll want a break until someone comes along and offers him and his brother 3 year deals and another multi million pound deal. 

Bit like when Allardyce retired for 6 months until Everton offered him huge money to save them.

• Like 3

Not this season, but Coventry city may one day..... possibly have a stadium.

Warwick University have been battered by Covid 19 as both they and Coventry University have loads of students come over from Hong Kong and mainland China so probably need the money. My brother in law works for the IT department and he's been working from home since it all started, and whilst his job is OK, it seems that the facilities, marketing and so on will be run on a much smaller scale. Anyway, if the stadium is built, I'm guessing that it'll be in the Canley/Tile Hill area as that's where the university is. Of course being Coventry city, some NIMBYs will probably destroy the plan, and it'll be back to square one.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not this season, but Coventry city may one day..... possibly have a stadium.

Warwick University have been battered by Covid 19 as both they and Coventry University have loads of students come over from Hong Kong and mainland China so probably need the money. My brother in law works for the IT department and he's been working from home since it all started, and whilst his job is OK, it seems that the facilities, marketing and so on will be run on a much smaller scale. Anyway, if the stadium is built, I'm guessing that it'll be in the Canley/Tile Hill area as that's where the university is. Of course being Coventry city, some NIMBYs will probably destroy the plan, and it'll be back to square one.

I expect that such a plan is at least 6-7 years away from coming to fruition. They haven't even nailed down a location on the university site yet. Then they need to draw up all the plans. Given it is going to be near the countryside they will have to jump through multiple hoops to get permission on it. They want a rail link to it which will add to the timescales then actually getting it built will take years.

I suspect this is all strategic. It keeps the League off their back for a while as they show they are working to address the stadium issue. They can't stay at Birmingham long term. It will also apply more pressure on Wasps to do a deal for the Ricoh.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I expect that such a plan is at least 6-7 years away from coming to fruition. They haven't even nailed down a location on the university site yet. Then they need to draw up all the plans. Given it is going to be near the countryside they will have to jump through multiple hoops to get permission on it. They want a rail link to it which will add to the timescales then actually getting it built will take years.

I suspect this is all strategic. It keeps the League off their back for a while as they show they are working to address the stadium issue. They can't stay at Birmingham long term. It will also apply more pressure on Wasps to do a deal for the Ricoh.

The Ricoh Bonds what Wasps raised when the labour ran council shafted Coventry have already been warned to breach covenants this year. They wanted to refinance the bonds as they expire in 2022. Don’t forget Coventry council are in court over the sale and the assistance of state funds to help wasps move in so it’s horrendous timing to be raising finance. Think Coventry FC are being smart here.

Edited by Scotland1

All true, though SISU tried to buy 50% of the Ricoh through a holding company that was being liquidated, which sounds dodgy. I can't remember if it was the council's half, or the Alan Higgs Trust's half. And there was a whole weird set up after City went into administration, whereby SISU put the club into administration, and then effectively bought it back whilst other bidders were ignored (some American guy called Preston Haskell was involved in a bid, that vowed to buy 50% of the Ricoh). Would you trust these guys do pay you the money you agreed on?

With Wasps having financial issues, it may just work out for the vulture capitalists that own Coventry city, but that money will disappear to Panama or wherever, and not build up the club into much more than it is now.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Radio just saying 10 of the 12 fixtures tonight have something riding on it.

Can't see that's happened often. Usually the dead rubbers starts 2 or 3 games before the season end.

Whilst I wish we still had a chance of playoffs, gotta say I'm happy we have nothing to stress about. Going to crack a beer, sit back, relax, and enjoy watching our final match. 

Was checking Wigan's stats. They've got their work cut out tonight.  They've played Fulham 18 times dating back to 2007 and won........once! 

• Like 2

I hope West Brom go up tonight. They deserve to go up as runners up to the Champions.

Bilic strikes me as a decent man. Only for him i want them to go up.

In the play offs i would like Nottingham Forest to go up. Another traditional club with recent history.

With the shite coming up from L1 and the shite coming down from the Prem the Championship is wide open with very very few big clubs. Villa aside if they do go down. 

The viewing figures on sky championship will probably fall away by 50/60% 

Bad times to be in the Championship.

Just now, KS Cracovia said:

I hope West Brom go up tonight. They deserve to go up as runners up to the Champions.

In the play offs i would like Nottingham Forest to go up. Another traditional club with recent history.

With the shite coming up from L1 and the shite coming down from the Prem the Championship is wide open with very very few big clubs. Villa aside if they do go down. 

What recent history do Forest have?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘Bad times’? Eh? It makes the league even more competitive and it’s still years away from the next TV deal negotiation.

But you’re probably right, how WILL we cope without the mighty Leeds :rolleyes:

The league will be lesser without a big club to turn anger/frustration against.

At least some teams may get live games a bit more often.

6 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

Villa to stay up and the 2 Third Division South teams , to be relegated..

10 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

The league will be lesser without a big club to turn anger/frustration against.

At least some teams may get live games a bit more often.

Why will it? Who’s ‘angry/frustrated’ with Leeds bloody United. 

Hilarious delusions of grandeur. You’ve been in the lower leagues for 16 years, just because the media gets all misty eyed with a club that fills their ground when doing well (not exactly difficult being the only club in one of the UK’s biggest cities), but you are just another club.

Edited by Mattyblue