BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Fulham an absolute joy to watch . Superb goal. Harrison reed having an absolute blinder. Easily man of the match. Hector with a goal saving tackle was equally enjoyable as the goal. 

a Cardiff player slid in two footed , didn’t get the ball, got the man, studs showing and didn’t get booked. Far worse challenge than the Brentford lad last night 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an absolute outrage that Mowbray had Reed plugging away (often ineffectively) out wide because "he didnt know the position." I dont think I've seen anyone this season bar Kalvin Phillips in this league who plays it better, positionally, reading the game, keeping it simple, neat and tidy.

rank bad management imo,reed looks a natural in the middle

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an absolute outrage that Mowbray had Reed plugging away (often ineffectively) out wide because "he didnt know the position." I dont think I've seen anyone this season bar Kalvin Phillips in this league who plays it better, positionally, reading the game, keeping it simple, neat and tidy.

He’ll do it to another player like Reed in the future too if given the chance. I’m sure of it. To think ‘he didn’t know the position’ in comparison to Richie Smallwood. Jesus Christ.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’ll do it to another player like Reed in the future too if given the chance. I’m sure of it. To think ‘he didn’t know the position’ in comparison to Richie Smallwood. Jesus Christ.

He did it to Armstrong for nearly two years and your right there will be many more. Gallagher is the main one suffering now . bowyer did it with cairney and king. It was obvious to most then they were being utilised wrong

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he only moved armstrong inside because dack got injured imo,he`d still be ploughing a dejected figure out wide otherwise

Armstrong has played up front like Hull away with Dack earlier in the season. 

Armstrong SHOULD be playing up front. He is striker not wide player

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong has played up front like Hull away with Dack earlier in the season. 

Armstrong SHOULD be playing up front. He is striker not wide player

mowbray has played armstrong out wide loads of times,he loves a striker on the wing,it`s his guilty pleasure,he`s the only person in the whole rovers community who thinks that strikers can effectively play wide and genuine wide players are flash and unreliable,the bloke is seriously confused

• Like 2

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray has played armstrong out wide loads of times,he loves a striker on the wing,it`s his guilty pleasure,he`s the only person in the whole rovers community who thinks that strikers can effectively play wide and genuine wide players are flash and unreliable,the bloke is seriously confused

To be fair, some strikers can play on the wing. We have seen it here with say Armstrong. Gallagher is wholly unsuited to playng the role. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And to think we would have probably been first in the queue. Could have had him wrapped up early and in the bag log before anyone else came sniffing around. In the end, TM probably thought it would be in the bag and messed around spending money on SG before throwing in a lowball offer for HR at the last minute. Reed and Travis in midfield this season would have been terrific - you would fancy them against anyone.

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And to think we would have probably been first in the queue. Could have had him wrapped up early and in the bag log before anyone else came sniffing around. In the end, TM probably thought it would be in the bag and messed around spending money on SG before throwing in a lowball offer for HR at the last minute. Reed and Travis in midfield this season would have been terrific - you would fancy them against anyone.

Anyone who watched Reed play for us last season would have seen a real talent and an asset to try and keep. He's the sort to build a team around, guaranteed to increase in value over the next couple of years.

For me he should have been priority number one last summer and the £5 million Gallagher fund should have been earmarked for him instead.

However, Mowbray mucked the lad around. Expecting him to play out of position whilst Richie Smallwood played there was ridiculous and seemingly based on Mowbray wanting to reward Smallwood for his League One efforts more than anything else. Then towards the back end of the season Mowbray had Reed sat on his backside on the bench whilst he experimented some more. 

Clearly if Mowbray wanted him back that much he would have had him playing.

It seems another cheap loan was the ambition but it backfired when Fulham snatched him at the last minute. Another case of us going round in circles on targets for weeks or months whilst others are decisive and act quickly. We saw similar with Bauer.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Anyone who watched Reed play for us last season would have seen a real talent and an asset to try and keep. He's the sort to build a team around, guaranteed to increase in value over the next couple of years.

For me he should have been priority number one last summer and the £5 million Gallagher fund should have been earmarked for him instead.

However, Mowbray mucked the lad around. Expecting him to play out of position whilst Richie Smallwood played there was ridiculous and seemingly based on Mowbray wanting to reward Smallwood for his League One efforts more than anything else. Then towards the back end of the season Mowbray had Reed sat on his backside on the bench whilst he experimented some more. 

It seems another cheap loan was the ambition but it backfired when Fulham snatched him at the last minute. Another case of us going round in circles on targets for weeks or months whilst others are decisive and act quickly. We saw similar with Bauer.

And the Sunderland goalkeeper who we'd been looking at for 6 months.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Reed would be a good signing for us. But supposedly his girlfriend didn't want to live up here so unlikely he would have come here permanently. 

I remember watching him for us against Stoke Away and he was fantastic and I thought we had good signing then

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Reed would be a good signing for us. But supposedly his girlfriend didn't want to live up here so unlikely he would have come here permanently. 

I remember watching him for us against Stoke Away and he was fantastic and I thought we had good signing then

So Everton offer him a deal this summer after being impressed with his performances.

He's going to reject going there because his girlfriend doesn't fancy living up here?

Not a chance. A convenient excuse.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was wasted all season out wide. Instead of being a fantastic signing, he became a decent signing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So Everton offer him a deal this summer after being impressed with his performances.

He's going to reject going there because his girlfriend doesn't fancy living up here?

Not a chance. A convenient excuse.

have Everton offered him a deal? 

You called it a convenient Excuse cos its suits your opinion, Its a fact of reality that Some people want to be close to their family/friends and not willing to move around the country. Would you move down South from Lancashire for work reasons? I wouldn't