BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, arbitro said:

I just be watching a different game. Reed and Cairney have dominated the midfield and kept Fulham going forward at every possible opportunity.

Fulham the better side, controlling the midfield but they are really lacking up top without Mitrovic.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Fulham the better side, controlling the midfield but they are really lacking up top without Mitrovic.

I heard the commentators saying Mitrovic was warming up by himself pre match which indicates we'll only see him if absolutely necessary. I think with his movement inside the penalty area Fulham would have been ahead.

• Like 1

Every time I watch Cairney playing in CM (and usually bossing it), I get miffed off at Bowyer's persistence in playing him wide right in favour of Lowe/Evans/Williamson.  I did a stat analysis at the time of games where Cairney played at CM compared to the other different pairings and found we had more goals scored, less conceded and more points gained when Cairney was in his rightful position.

Funnily enough, Cairney also averaged more tackles and interceptions per game, despite the players ahead of him being supposedly more defensively capable.  (He even averaged better tackle/interception stats from wide right than plodders like Lowe and Williamson did in CM).

Has to be Bowyer's greatest failing from his time here.  I truly believe we'd have got promoted with the Rhodes and Rudy strikeforce if it wasn't for Bowyer's stubbornness in sticking with two negative, defensive midfielders.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Cairney should feel very lucky to still be on the pitch after that tackle. 
Brentford kinda unlucky not to get a penalty just a second before Cairney’stackle too

Agreed, he went into the tackle with the wrong foot and was miles away from the ball.  Surely a deliberate attempt at the man.

Fulham bossing this and , for me, Reed being the main reason for that. He's covered every blade of grass, giving Brentford no time when they're in possession and willing to take the ball in tight areas and setting their attacks up.

This Da Silva for Brentford looks poor to me, slows everything down and takes too many touches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

Fulham bossing this and , for me, Reed being the main reason for that. He's covered every blade of grass, giving Brentford no time when they're in possession and willing to take the ball in tight areas and setting their attacks up.

This Da Silva for Brentford looks poor to me, slows everything down and takes too many touches.

Bloody hell, what game are people watching?

Brentford just had 5 minutes of unbroken possession where Fulham couldn't get near them. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, what game are people watching?

Brentford just had 5 minutes of unbroken possession where Fulham couldn't get near them. 

To be fair, Fulham have massively dropped off in the last 15 mins. They look shattered and without Onomah breaking forward they've no outlet.

As non-eventful as this has been (from what I've seen so far) it is depressing to see the likes of Raya, Reed and Cairney playing in such a fixture. We waste so much talent at Ewood.

Even though he has a mare in him (as shown there) Raya is lightyears ahead of Walton in pretty much every department and it still annoys me that we flogged one of our own instead of working with him just to replace him with a 4th rate loanee.

• Like 1