BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You’re right. He hasn’t learned enough from Richie Smallwood yet. He will have to get some Zoom training sessions in with him before the new season.....

Oh, I don't know. Those tackles he was putting in at the end of the first half looked like they were drawn straight out of the Smallwood Guide to Tackling. I thought both he and Cairney should have seen red cards.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

.......but it’s without the doubt the best competition in the country......

From top to bottom in terms of competitiveness, I'd argue it's one of the best in the World......across any code.

Can't think of anything close, although I know little of some of US sports like NBA, baseball, ice hockey etc.

Super Rugby is a tight league where anyone can beat anyone on their day. But it's been won by the same team 3 years on the trot now. So fails that test.  

• Like 2

It's unfair to blame Raya alone for Brentford missing out on £160 million. What about the BMW forwards who failed to find the back of the net until it was too late?

The whole Brentford team just weren't good enough on the night.  Credit to Fulham.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bazza said:

It's unfair to blame Raya alone for Brentford missing out on £160 million. What about the BMW forwards who failed to find the back of the net until it was too late?

The whole Brentford team just weren't good enough on the night.  Credit to Fulham.

Massive credit to the manager in my opinion. Parker identified how to nullify Brentford by pressing high and outnumbering their midfield so the front 3 had to rely on long balls. He impressed me greatly last night so well done to him and his players for executing the plan.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Oh, I don't know. Those tackles he was putting in at the end of the first half looked like they were drawn straight out of the Smallwood Guide to Tackling. I thought both he and Cairney should have seen red cards.

And Mitrović 

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

The BMW proved to be good Championship standard but you could see them failing horribly at a higher level. Fulham will struggle but Brentford would have sunk. 

Watkins linked with Palace and Villa. 

Benrahma linked with Spurs and Chelsea

Those 2 will be missed. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watkins linked with Palace and Villa. 

Benrahma linked with Spurs and Chelsea

Those 2 will be missed. 

Yes, but they'll get about £40 million for the pair of them, sell them to clubs in higher divisions, and have a plan to reinvest a large chunk of that into replacements. If anyone can replace them it will be Brentford.

Beats flogging Cairney and Raya to Fulham and Brentford for £3 million a piece and not replacing either.

Seeming nailed on that the Bristol C. assistant manager is getting a promotion. He won't necessarily be a bad appointment, but I'd be disappointed if I were in their shoes.

Remains to be seen what sort of shape Rovers will be in next year, but as things stand the league looks wide open for next year, especially if at least one of the promoted sides drops like a stone as has tended to be the case recently. 

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Seeming nailed on that the Bristol C. assistant manager is getting a promotion. He won't necessarily be a bad appointment, but I'd be disappointed if I were in their shoes.

Remains to be seen what sort of shape Rovers will be in next year, but as things stand the league looks wide open for next year, especially if at least one of the promoted sides drops like a stone as has tended to be the case recently. 

It's good that other fans get to feel how we feel.

"We're getting Warnock!"
"Warnock to Rovers is a done deal!"

"Welcome To Rovers, Owen Coyle"

"The fu......?"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yes, but they'll get about £40 million for the pair of them, sell them to clubs in higher divisions, and have a plan to reinvest a large chunk of that into replacements. If anyone can replace them it will be Brentford.

Beats flogging Cairney and Raya to Fulham and Brentford for £3 million a piece and not replacing either.

It will be very interesting to see how well Brentford do replace them. They been linked with Ivan Toney which seems a very different type of striker to Watkins.