BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Really looking forward to the game but have no idea what the starting 11 will be, which is something different!

Do we stick with the inconsistent Dack, or the regulars Bennett and Graham, or will we make it a fresh start?

Just an idea.....could've gone Graham and Dack for Ben and Sam or any 2 of the 4!

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Downing

Armstrong     Johnson   Travis    Rothwell

Brereton     Gallagher

Anyway, whatever 11 TM selects, please let us be on the front foot and going for it!!

COYB

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Walton

Bennett DL CM Bell

Armstrong Trav Johnson Downing

Dack

Gallagher

Subs..... who knows

I cant believe that Graham wont start.

The only thing I'm convinced with is that Rothwell won't start.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

We’re a weaker side this year than last, because of this reason (and Raya leaving), that’s why I think we’ll struggle. Our only potential saving graces are Rothwell getting more game time, and Brereton showing why we paid so much for him. Signings wise, it’s been a poor window, so far.

Time will tell, but I'd say this is pessimistic.

For me so far:

Incoming signings ok to potentially v good value for money. Travis' new deal arguably the best of the lot.

Outgoings: understandable, more needed. Kept Dack, Lenihan & Travis = big plus.

Add in young emerging talent plus signing(s) to be made (hopefully, and no big sales), things are looking up imo.

• Like 2

Just been in town and saw some of the Charlton ultras...group of 6 teenagers straight out of the train station and into Morrison’s for a crate of dark fruits and then off into the bright lights of Blackburn town centre. Hope they manage to find their way to the ground ?

I wouldn't personally start Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans, Smallwood or Graham.

However, I think four of those will start.

I would say that Armstrong, Dack and Lenihan are 100% certain to start.

I can't see Rothwell starting as TM loves Armstrong and I think he will sacrifice Joe today.

My team:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarbayio Downing

Armstrong Travis Johnson Rothwell

Dack

Gallagher

Actual team:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan  Mulgrew  Bell

Gallagher Evans Johnson Armstrong

Dack

Graham 

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

We’re a weaker side this year than last, because of this reason (and Raya leaving), that’s why I think we’ll struggle. Our only potential saving graces are Rothwell getting more game time, and Brereton showing why we paid so much for him. Signings wise, it’s been a poor window, so far.

Disagree. It’s been underwhelming but we’re marginally stronger than last year. Reed is the only miss and I’d suggest that Johnson is a decent replacement along with Travis stepping up. Gallagher and Downing give us much better depth. Walton for Raya is marginal. 

Almost heaven, East Lancashire
Ewood Park, next to River Darwen
Football is old there, older than the league
Blue and White halves, playing in the breeze
Tony Mowbray, take us home
To the place we belong
Premier League, we're on our way
Take us home, Tony Mowbray

Feeling optimistic ?
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, schoey said:

Just been in town and saw some of the Charlton ultras...group of 6 teenagers straight out of the train station and into Morrison’s for a crate of dark fruits and then off into the bright lights of Blackburn town centre. Hope they manage to find their way to the ground ?

Ultra morons more like?? anyone who saw their hard core at the railway station end of our promotion season would be hard pressed not to fall over with pure laughter?? they even make the Blackburn so called hard youth look half decent and they really are a set of cretins??

• Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

For what it’s worth, Rovers are the shortest priced favourite in the Championship today. 

Anything less than a win will be disappointing. 

The bookies obviously don't care about recent history.

Rovers last 8 years opening day fixtures  W 0 D 4 L 4

Tony Mowbray's record ain't much better Last 9 years W 1 D 2 L 6

However I believe Charlton's record isn't too good either on opening day.

So 1-1 or 2-2 it is then.

43 minutes ago, schoey said:

Sounds scary, hope you’re okay.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Disagree. It’s been underwhelming but we’re marginally stronger than last year. Reed is the only miss and I’d suggest that Johnson is a decent replacement along with Travis stepping up. Gallagher and Downing give us much better depth. Walton for Raya is marginal. 

I think we’ll soon realise what we had keeper wise. Walton didn’t impress last weekend.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Really looking forward to the game but have no idea what the starting 11 will be, which is something different!

Do we stick with the inconsistent Dack, or the regulars Bennett and Graham, or will we make it a fresh start?

Just an idea.....could've gone Graham and Dack for Ben and Sam or any 2 of the 4!

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Downing

Armstrong     Johnson   Travis    Rothwell

Brereton     Gallagher

Anyway, whatever 11 TM selects, please let us be on the front foot and going for it!!

COYB

Inconsistent Dack? Lol 

Bennett should never ever be a regular.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

The bookies obviously don't care about recent history.

Rovers last 8 years opening day fixtures  W 0 D 4 L 4

Tony Mowbray's record ain't much better Last 9 years W 1 D 2 L 6

However I believe Charlton's record isn't too good either on opening day.

So 1-1 or 2-2 it is then.

Opening day fixture record is an absolutely meaningless stat without context and righty isn’t taken into account when odds compiling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tormund said:

Evans left wing?? No chance. 

Definitely only put that formation to prove a point at how little he likes TM ?

The only doubts in my mind would be Rothwell and Nyambe for Bennett and Armstrong. 

I suspect

walton

nyambe lenihan mulgrew bell

travis johnson

Dack

Armstrong Graham Gallagher