BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Mulgrew very poor. 

Both full backs useless. 

Johnson and Travis look a great pairing. 

Downing has really disappointed me so far bar a few decent cross-field balls. He could have stopped the attack for the goal and should have scored himself. Hasn't added anything so far. 

Armstrong and Dack have looked lively although dack is playing a deeper role than usual. 

Gallagher has threatened to threaten. 

We were the better side but have a lot of weaknesses. Most can be cured with what we already have. 

• Like 2

Most frustrating part of this is Charlton have been very shit. Yet managed to make us look vulnerable repeatedly.

Walton isn't filling me with any confidence.

Mulgrew...not sure I have words. Other than to say we can't even dream of playoffs if he starts a majority of games.

Bennett has been Bennett. The usual great work rate, very inconsistent quality and lost the ball in bad areas including for the goal.

We've controlled the general play and yet can't land the ball right in the critical areas. Have we even worked the keeper?

Absolute gut punch of a goal. Big test of character for us now.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

1/92 into the season... anyway, of the newbees both Johnson and Downing have looked like good investments.  Walton didn't seem at mistake for the goal and Gallagher looked ok.  Dack, Travis and Armstrong were below par of three of the back four looked poor.

Yeah, other than lenihan, the other three seem abit shaky. First game jitters

Defence nervous as kittens including goalie.

Johnson the standout in midfield but blowing a bit already.

Armstrong out of his depth.  Gallagher very, very average.

Has to bring Rothwell and Graham on NOW.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Well at least it's not a HT 0-0 at Ewood. 45 minutes into the new season and we've already conceded a goal, against a newly promoted side at home no less. When are the defenders coming again? 

Good thing for Charlton Downing is in the team ahead of Rothwell, otherwise we might have actually scored a goal at home in the first half. Might want to bring the lad on in the second half Tony, he can actually play. I would say haul Bennett off as well but we know that is never happening. He won Jason Lowe's immunity card in the 2017 summer raffle so he's golden. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not one shot on target. Simply not good enough. Sort it out Tony FFS.

Don’t worry Gav we’re dark horses !!

terrible luck to have the misfortune to play at home first game of the season . We’re up against a really tough side who have the momentum of promotion . It’s a really hard division with some really big clubs .

total balloon our manager 

• Like 3

Bell, Bennett and Mulgrew making mistakes.

Johnson outstanding, Downing tidy but not creating threats.

Gallagher a presence but not a threat.

We hit fresh air twice when we should have scored.

Needs Rothwell to really disrupt Charlton at the back.

Win lose or draw... The manager needs to go if we're to progress. Too stubborn or too stupid to learn from his mistakes. I can't stomach another season of his utter footballing incompetence. He's done a good job to get us where we are but that's as far as he will ever take us. 

• Like 6

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Johnson and Downing did look good in the first half. Especially Johnson, you can sense that bit of class compared to everyone else.

Bennett was just awful (as usual) but its okay, he's energetic and can run all day. Mulgrew almost got himself into trouble. 

Seems like we had 0 shots on target. 

Spot on. 

Just now, Tom said:

In fairness to Downing he’s looked a class act, some great passes but it’s a shame it’s at the detriment of Rothwell

Downing is 35 he is on the way down, if he at all manages to finish the season. Has he led to a goal, no. Should we be developing  Rothwell , absolutely 

Just now, Mercer said:

Defence nervous as kittens including goalie.

Johnson the standout in midfield but blowing a bit already.

Armstrong out of his depth.  Gallagher very, very average.

Has to bring Rothwell and Graham on NOW.

I can't fault Gallagher's work rate and closing down but he will never be a DG as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Bennett and Bell the standout shyte IMO and maybe if Lenihan had tried to head the friggin ball instead of fouling and if our keeper hadn't been having 40 winks.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

1/92 into the season... anyway, of the newbees both Johnson and Downing have looked like good investments.  Walton didn't seem at mistake for the goal and Gallagher looked ok.  Dack, Travis and Armstrong were below par of three of the back four looked poor.

Agree on the above,

Not  directed at you, open to anybody - Having not seen any of the pre -season games, what is this new style that we are apparently going to be playing this season, doesn't look much different to last season to me considering one poster in a previous thread said it was obvious . What am I missing? .