BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

Just now, Neal said:

Win lose or draw... The manager needs to go if we're to progress. Too stubborn or too stupid to learn from his mistakes. I can't stomach another season of his utter footballing incompetence. He's done a good job to get us where we are but that's as far as he will ever take us. 

Nail on head.

Been saying it for too long.

• Like 1

Walton not at fault for the goal IMO, he had to stay on his line in case one of Lenihan and the forward got a touch. 

Bennett and Mulgrew have each contributed two egregious mistakes, Lenihan good, Bell not good enough.

Downing has looked OK but bet he’s not used to being paired with someone as bad as Bennett.

Travis and Johnson look the best midfield two we’ve had since forever. Johnson reminds me of Ken Knighton, he’s also won every header he’s contested.

Armstrong and Dack same as usual, Gallagher has been the disappointing signing for me so far.

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

Agree on the above,

Not  directed at you, open to anybody - Having not seen any of the pre -season games, what is this new style that we are apparently going to be playing this season, doesn't look much different to last season to me considering one poster in a previous thread said it was obvious . What am I missing? .

The posted team/formation looked very similar to me. The same old turgid 4-2-3-1 with a few new names. 

Been mostly good today, been impressed by Johnson. Two seemingly easy chances and on top all game.

downing was very poor for the goal, I was just thinking he was covering their number three really well then he stops at the 18 yard line and their 3 carries on and gets on to the cross and scores, can’t understand what he was thinking, from up here in the jw it seems obvious that they would try to get the ball to him as Downing left him in loads of space.

hope to see Rothwell at some point, be gutting to lose to a poor Charlton team, even to draw as they are weak

• Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

"defensively we're fine"

If he genuinely thinks Mulgrew, Bennett and Bell are good enough for a team aspiring for the top 6 then he needs potting on the spot.

No changes at HT either. Really does wind me up this man.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

1/92 into the season... anyway, of the newbees both Johnson and Downing have looked like good investments.  Walton didn't seem at mistake for the goal and Gallagher looked ok.  Dack, Travis and Armstrong were below par of three of the back four looked poor.

Very disappointed with Johnson, looks overweight and not prepared to extend himself.

Downing not much better, look like a couple of over the hill plodders.

Gallagher is the same as I remembered. Very willing and will run all day but zero quality.. 

• Like 1

Dear dear! I was so looking forward to this but the defensive problems are still there. Bennett and Mulgrew made terrible errors and Bell just isn't good enough. Still there's 45 to go and I'm watching the Ashes on my ipad at the same time!

Right I am of to bed, past midnight on this side of the world, praying for a 3-1 come back. Dack, Gallagher and Rothwell

Feeling the 2-1 loss though, and if that unfortunately happens, maybe some people will finally open their mind to the possibility Mowbray might not be all that 

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Very disappointed with Johnson, looks overweight and not prepared to extend himself.

Downing not much better, look like a couple of over the hill plodders.

Gallagher is the same as I remembered. Very willing and will run all day but zero quality.. 

Pf.. Johnson is the best player on the pitch. Downing not far behind

• Like 1

Whatever happens, this is a needlessly poor team selection. Bennett shouldn't be playing. Rothwell should be on the wing instead of Downing and he could be moved left back instead dof Bell. 

The fact we have the same defence after Mowbrays comments is totally ridiculous. 

I think the worse is Rothwell though. On fire at the end of the season. Everyone loving it. Then boom, on the bench. It's fucking annoying like. 

• Like 4