BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tangerines vs. Rovers - PRE SEASON - 27th July 2019

Never thought I'd say this but we really could do with shipping a few today to highlight how desperate we are four a new back four

take lenihan out that back four if he gets injured and that is relegation fodder there is no two ways about it

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

Can Walton not kick or something? What's with these short passes in the box as a goal kick?

We were doing that vs Bury too, although it was Leutweiler in goal then.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Clearly that isn't the hot topic in this PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY! 

Yet you haven’t seen fit to mention any?

1-0 at halftime Armstrong again 

This tweet from Rich gave me flashbacks of the PNE horror:

Should be 1-1. Gallagher loses the ball on halfway and after Travis and Lenihan collide in an attempted challenge, it falls to Gnanduillet who skies it unmarked from eight yards (0-1)

Just now, bluebruce said:

Can Walton not kick or something? What's with these short passes in the box as a goal kick?

They've changed the rules regarding goal kicks. 

You no longer need to wait until the ball leaves the area, play is active as soon as it leaves the keepers foot. 

I saw a video of Inter playing it out from the keeper the other day.

I then saw one from someone else who passed it straight to an opposing striker who scored.

Guess which one we will be?

• Like 4

Good teams have been playing short passes from goal kicks for years, the only difference now is that you are allowed to receive the ball inside the penalty area. 

There's no logic behind simply lumping it up and hoping that something comes from winning the header, makes far more sense to look to keep possession. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dack's really not been at it this pre season has he. Let's hope he pulls his finger out when it really matters.

Dack has done the square root of fuck all. I can’t help but think we have lost the chance to sell high.