BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Waggott knows he will have his 2,000 or so walk ons come rain or shine, £24 or £34. 

It is the ‘big’ away followings that brings in the cash.

Feck the locals.

It seems to me that Waggot's remit is to rake in as much match day cash as is possible rather than to increase attendances. Result is no increase in home support.

We'll lose support next season if he keeps going.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

Whilst season tickets still represent great value as they do with probably 50% of clubs in this league Rovers are a club who've always had thousands of part timers and most of those now are potential match by match buyers.   Yet this club seems to be doing all it can to discourage this in favour of a force you to buy an ST if you're bothered about value for money policy.

Wrong strategy at the wrong time i'm afraid.

didn't we have 3k walk ons fans if ST holders are 10k. They were just over 13k Rovers fans on against Charlton. and we have 11.5k Rovers fans against Boro. 

people who are none ST holders will pick and choose their games especially now each fan knows the price for each home game before the season starts. It allows for fans to hand pick their games or even save up for certain games. I know several people who aren't ST holders who are hand picking their games cos they cant committed to attending each home games due to work and family commitments. 

55 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Definitely wrong if you want fans back. You have to get people into the ground and you don't do that by penalising them for making late choices

The sad truth is even if tickets at home were £10 we probably wouldn’t even see that much of a jump in terms of attendance. I worry there’s thousands of fans we’ve lost for good and have fell out of love with the club and found other things to do on a Saturday. I think Waggott knows also that those regular walk ons will pay whatever the price is unfortunately.. Sad state of affairs both ways. 

• Like 7

You're probably correct that we wouldn't see that much of a jump but then I'm not suggesting low prices across the board. The clubs main ticket income comes from selling STs and those who commit to them should be rewarded, but to get people to want a ST you have to hook them in the first place and to do that you don't put excuses in their way. BTW I don't have one. A Sale Sharks one proved better value as their season doesn't start properly till after the rugby world cup prelim rounds in mid October by which time we'll have stopped our gallivanting for this year. And I'll make sure I book any Rovers tickets in advance online. ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't we have 3k walk ons fans if ST holders are 10k. They were just over 13k Rovers fans on against Charlton. and we have 11.5k Rovers fans against Boro. 

1500 wen't impressed by what they saw?

Just now, 47er said:

1500 wen't impressed by what they saw?

who knows? number of different factors. ticket price increase from game to game, school holidays so people going away, work commitments now people work a number of different working patterns, other family commitments, etc

1 hour ago, Butty said:

The sad truth is even if tickets at home were £10 we probably wouldn’t even see that much of a jump in terms of attendance. I worry there’s thousands of fans we’ve lost for good and have fell out of love with the club and found other things to do on a Saturday. I think Waggott knows also that those regular walk ons will pay whatever the price is unfortunately.. Sad state of affairs both ways. 

I agree we wouldn't see a big jump in terms of attendance. 

we probably have regular walk ons who go to a game a month

a lot of fans did turn up to the Oxford match 2 seasons ago though, that base is there and could be exploited with continuous cheap tickets (£1 for a kid or £10 a match) rather than just the occasional one off (which we don't even do anymore).

If we have 3k walk ons a week and charge on average £15 a match instead of £25 for example it'll cost <£700k for the season, and that's before even looking at the guaranteed uptick in sales on continuous cheaper tickets. If you could get an extra 1k walk ons each week through the cheaper tickets (some weeks less some more  e.g Preston) then this cost would drop to <£350k a season (or £15k per home game). 

It's barely a sacrifice when you consider long term uplift (future season tickets and atmosphere).

The obvious concern would be that walk ons become cheaper than season tickets and season ticket sales then drop. But realistically the same thing should be happening with season tickets! Drop them to £250 instead of £350 and aim to sell an extra 2000 instead.

Let's be honest it's a drop in the ocean considering we've spent £12m or so on strikers in the last year!

Then again we never get this stuff right since the days of Williams. Singing section now gone, atmosphere is on it's arse, areas of the ground closing. It's a shame as the we used to be the most popular town club in the outskirt villages and a lot of these will be the punters who could be swayed with a better price/atmosphere.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Butty said:

I think this is spot on, I boycotted during the Kean reign and soon occupied myself on Saturdays with things non rovers related. Came back when he left, Coyle's appointment then pushed me over the edge. Its only this season I've renewed as I take my daughter to the games now. I wonder how many others simply just got sick of everything at the club and just walked away. The club could do more to attract fans back everything they try is all a bit safe and beige. There is a real lack of dynamism in the senior management to do anything outside of the box fan initiative wise. Jacks zone is a prime example its a good idea until its pouring down, the beer pricing is another. Strikers lounge for people like me with kids needs freshening up a more healthy kids menu better toys etc but they won't do it ( I know as I asked the club ).

They seem to have given up on getting fans back so will rinse the ones that come. The ground is starting to look shabby and run down, the whole club has that air about it.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I think this is spot on, I boycotted during the Kean reign and soon occupied myself on Saturdays with things non rovers related. Came back when he left, Coyle's appointment then pushed me over the edge. Its only this season I've renewed as I take my daughter to the games now. I wonder how many others simply just got sick of everything at the club and just walked away. The club could do more to attract fans back everything they try is all a bit safe and beige. There is a real lack of dynamism in the senior management to do anything outside of the box fan initiative wise. Jacks zone is a prime example its a good idea until its pouring down, the beer pricing is another. Strikers lounge for people like me with kids needs freshening up a more healthy kids menu better toys etc but they won't do it ( I know as I asked the club ).

They seem to have given up on getting fans back so will rinse the ones that come. The ground is starting to look shabby and run down, the whole club has that air about it.

Agree with all of this. There is no initiative being taken by the club to move with the times.

Food and Drink - Same crap every year, the amount of good quality street food available on the high street now why are we still serving the same rubbish. I know Beavertown is a north london brewery but more clubs should be going down the route like Spurs to mix up the beer on offer rather than just Fosters, Smiths etc. Don't Brighton ship in the local ale for away fans, if they can do this surely we can sell some decent stuff to our home fans.

Cashless bars to speed up the current shocking service

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, superniko said:

Agree with all of this. There is no initiative being taken by the club to move with the times.

Food and Drink - Same crap every year, the amount of good quality street food available on the high street now why are we still serving the same rubbish. I know Beavertown is a north london brewery but more clubs should be going down the route like Spurs to mix up the beer on offer rather than just Fosters, Smiths etc. Don't Brighton ship in the local ale for away fans, if they can do this surely we can sell some decent stuff to our home fans.

Cashless bars to speed up the current shocking service

We have a fantastic Blackburn Brewery just up the Road from Ewood based at The Black Bull on Broken stone Road, I'm sure some of their ales would be a welcome addition.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Are the Action group still in action ?

Are they pressing the club on these issues ?

Yes, but thankfully not in such a time consuming way as a couple of years ago,
As a supporter representative group we still press the club on supporter issues as and when they arise, and attend bi annual meets with the club etc we still have contact with other supporter groups. 
Will be here if and when the next venky sh1t storm happens? Yes

• Like 6

At the Charlton game I queued for 25 minutes in the fanzone tent to get a beer.

At the Middlesbrough game I noticed several mini dispensers of Fosters all around the Blackburn End manned by two people at each one. That, to me, was a great initiative. Those just wanting Fosters wouldn't have to queue. And the main queue for other things would be greatly reduced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bazza said:

At the Middlesbrough game I noticed several mini dispensers of Fosters all around the Blackburn End manned by two people at each one. That, to me, was a great initiative. Those just wanting Fosters wouldn't have to queue. And the main queue for other things would be greatly reduced.

I genuinely can't believe it. A positive comment. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bazza said:

Some want a line of taxis outside to nip them to the nearest local for a quick jar at halftime then back before the second half begins !

Seriously though the only way forward is to have separate booze and food kiosks i think.  It's like when you just want to nip in and pay for a bit of petrol but there are several people in front getting their weekly bloody shop as well or asking for cigs, lottery tickets etc etc.  Just slows everything down and doesn't really make sense.

When you go into some big pubs and food halls these days they have separate bits for those queuing for food / booze and those who just want a hot drink.

Why does Waggott think 1400 people will buy season tickets after already missing 2, soon to be 3 games.

Why would you ?

You sell season tickets at the end of the previous season and during summer (if they are on sale).

Not after the new season started.

A chance to win £10K. Ha. Planning they will only get to 9999 and never give £10K away. Lets look for 1400 idiots.

Need to offer something of real value to the target customer to offset the missed games and tempt them. Free 1875 membership for the year or a voucher to use in the club shop.

Now they could still introduce 10 game flexi tickets with half price 1875 membership.

Season ticket holders - recommend a friend who sign up for a ST and get free 1875 membership for a year.

Thats 8600 sales people hired. 

They want people getting STs

They want people to be 1875 members

Hook them in and they will renew

IS ANYONE AT THE CLUB LISTENING ?

Are the "operation 10k" task force working on innovative ideas ?

I know...lets get to premier league...

Good idea...

Oh that sounds expensive and risky...

True... there must be 1400 idiots around here... 2000 pay your match day tax Mr Waggott, Sir...

I read on BRFCS that Blackburn is a poor mill town.... why dont we offer them a lottery win and never pay out...

Good idea lad... promoted to chief overseas scout. Video room is back there.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue