BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And 3 points of the top 6 tho. Notice you don't mention that. Would add more balance to your post if you include both points

No, your mate already made that point so I provided the balance!

Anyway, you've changed your tune (big surprise there!),you wanted him sacked a while back! Remember?

Just now, 47er said:

The same Mowbray whose paid £12M for Brereton and Gallagher? Madness!

I’m just not getting this any more. What on earth are the decision makers thinking of when we are spending that sort of money on players, who simply aren’t producing the goods?

They very future of the club is dangling before our eyes, given the latest set of figures. Whether to keep the manager or not will be the least of our problems very soon. It doesn’t bode well this.

• Like 2

You don't respect the job he has done in rebuilding this club and uniting the club with the fans

What does this mean ?

We are where we were when Bowyer was knocking about in mediocrity. We have a worse group of players (quality and asset value) and an unmangeable debt. Nothing has been rebuilt. If you mean he took away the bad taste of Coyle then thats fair enough. 

Uniting the club with the fans ? You made this up or something ? Ha. Joke of the decade.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

All of those things are good, Mowbray deserves credit for them and perhaps he could stay in some sort of development role. He just shouldn't be in charge of the first team any more. 

That’s a fair enough opinion, one I disagree with. I guess when I add up all scenarios in my head, I’m not convinced the best option as of now, is a change.

Summer is the re-evaluation time for me.

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

No, your mate already made that point so I provided the balance!

Anyway, you've changed your tune (big surprise there!),you wanted him sacked a while back! Remember?

Read the thread properly

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What does this mean ?

We are where we were when Bowyer was knocking about in mediocrity. We have a worse group of players (quality and asset value) and an unmangeable debt. Nothing has been rebuilt. If you mean he took away the bad taste of Coyle then thats fair enough. 

Uniting the club with the fans ? You made this up or something ? Ha. Joke of the decade.

I would say the squad are quite different but similar quality wise IMO. 

Yes Mowbray has rebuilt the club, put in place a proper scouting system, etc. 

After the Coyle episode alot of fans fell out of love with the club. I was close myself. So Mowbray has bought the fans back to the club and made it feel like our club. 

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Why did you want him sacked then? Notice you ducked that one!

Actually if you read the thread properly I said yesterday that I said I would give him the season. 

Miss that one didn't you? 

12 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Put Kean, Berg, Appleton, Lambert and Coyle together with Bowyer (feels bad including him but it reinforces the point):

Have Venkys ever chosen a manager who would indicate that they see an imminent return to the prem as essential? 

Agreed. I would almost say their choice of managers has shown the premiership was being avoided..

Actually leaving Kean in post in the summer of 2011 spoke absolute volumes. Then, to do it again in 2012 screamed it from the rooftops.

The manager appointments since then have wreaked of no on-field ambition. The Coyle appointment was pure Venky's self-parody. 

As ever, it comes down to that unanswered question. Why are they here?

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whittingham and Caddis were free transfers. Samuel was 350k and Chapman I don't know. 

But they didn't play for nothing. And we ended up paying them off. A rough estimate between £1.5 and £2m. We did pay a fee for Gladwin and then gave him a six month deal to convalesce.

These are questions the owners should be asking.

• Like 1

But don't forget those accounts ended on 31st March 2019. So 9 months old. But surely those discussions about Whittingham and Caddis would happen in August 2018 which is 16 months ago

It's a moot point you are making. I'm my previous post the point was about wasting money rather than being pedantic about when it was.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Read the thread properly

I would say the squad are quite different but similar quality wise IMO. 

Yes Mowbray has rebuilt the club, put in place a proper scouting system, etc. 

After the Coyle episode alot of fans fell out of love with the club. I was close myself. So Mowbray has bought the fans back to the club and made it feel like our club. 

Actually if you read the thread properly I said yesterday that I said I would give him the season. 

Miss that one didn't you? 

No you didn't . When rovers were on a bad run, you wanted him binned. You never once mentioned giving him the season. You write so many contradictory things, you can't keep up with your own posts