BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Surely nobody thinks brfcs in anyway mirrors the match going fanbase re TM?

There has always been a strand of opinion on here that just doesn’t rate the bloke - it has grown to a big strand recently. But in the ‘real world’ he’s as close to bomb proof with fans as any manager we’ve had, since, perhaps, Hughes.

Couple that with the very cosy situation he enjoys within the club and it’s why I don’t give the managerial position a second of thought. ‘Lord, grant me the serenity to accept...’ and all that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely nobody thinks brfcs in anyway mirrors the match going fanbase re TM?

There has always been a strand of opinion on here that just doesn’t rate the bloke - it has grown to a big strand recently. But in the ‘real world’ he’s as close to bomb proof with fans as any manager we’ve had, since, perhaps, Hughes.

Couple that with the very cosy situation he enjoys within the club and it’s why I don’t give the managerial position a second of thought. ‘Lord, grant me the serenity to accept...’ and all that.

Me too. The owners are immune to fan pressure and seemingly even relegations, so 350 repetitive pages on this thread by the same 30-40 people aren’t worth a damn. And the notion that he might resign from a well paid job in the top half of the championship is beyond fanciful. He’ll be here until he’s gone and the next bloke will be someone no-one wanted either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yeah, they probably did. 
The point remains that the views of this board are rarely reflected in the views of the general fan base. 
anager since the day I joined. It’s just an observation. 

I've not really been happy since the day Mowbray joined to be honest, indeed I've not been happy since the Chicken Chokers joined us. It's been a miserable ten years. On the other hand I've been fortunate enough to see several Rovers teams that were terrific entertainment so it's not all bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

End off for you.

The rest of us continue to want what's best for our club.  Good luck.

Sparks, what a absurd comment to make. We all want the best for our Football club but we disagree how that should be done. It's shame that you can't respect different opinions like we can with yours. 

Also a point which alot of Mowbray out people forget is thats its appears we only employ managers from certain agency according to @Miller11 's post a few weeks back. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you agree that we havent progressed this year compared to last, as the league table will testify? 

As others have commented, your comments about Cook are childish and make you become a bit of a laughing stock, Cook wouldnt necessarily be top of my list (if I had one) but to discount a manager because he used to "be a Dingle" is a bit pathetic.

I think we have progressed this year and we are better team than past 2 seasons as other Rovers fans have pointed on different sites and social media which I am sure you have seen, 

On Cook, I dont want him anywhere near my club. If you would be happy with him replacing Mowbray then fair enough. I wont. 

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

I don't need a lecture from you about what is "sensible and realistic", thanks all the same.

Howe will have to get back in somewhere and how many Premier League clubs would be interested in him? 

A decent Championship club is a highly likely route back in to management for him.

Howe has said he will only return to management for a job that motivates him . 

Howe replacing Lennon at Celtic would be good route for him to return and then PL club afterwards similar to Rodgers. 

Howe reputation despite relegation is still high imo. 

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

At any normal club he'd have been potted at the back end of the 18/19 season.

says who? 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yeah, they probably did. 
The point remains that the views of this board are rarely reflected in the views of the general fan base. 

See the Facebook Rovers page for a better understanding. Or Twitter. Mowbray is only under “pressure” from some on here - of which some have not been happy with a manager since the day I joined. It’s just an observation. 

Very true on other social media sites having very opinion to this site. I did a poll and on a Rovers fan site on facebook where only 2 people wanted him sack and 121 people are backing Mowbray to remain as manager. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah and it's not like they've had no reason to is it ? How many of us wanted Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Coyle, Mowbray ? I was pleased with the Lambert and Co appointment, I thought that was a sensible appointment. Yet they managed to balls that one up.  As for the rest, none of them were popular choices.

and How many of us wanted Hodgson, Kidd, Souness or Ince at those times? 

I wanted Bowyer to be appointed after his good job in very difficult circumstances that season. He went to do a good job and rebuild the club and its repution so what. Lambert was a good appointment but IMO neither party trusted each other from the start and that why Lambert wanted a release clause in his contract. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sparks, what a absurd comment to make. We all want the best for our Football club but we disagree how that should be done. It's shame that you can't respect different opinions like we can with yours. 

Also a point which alot of Mowbray out people forget is thats its appears we only employ managers from certain agency according to @Miller11 's post a few weeks back. 

I think we have progressed this year and we are better team than past 2 seasons as other Rovers fans have pointed on different sites and social media which I am sure you have seen, 

On Cook, I dont want him anywhere near my club. If you would be happy with him replacing Mowbray then fair enough. I wont. 

Howe replacing Lennon at Celtic would be good route for him to return and then PL club afterwards similar to Rodgers. 

says who? 

Very true on other social media sites having very opinion to this site. I did a poll and on a Rovers fan site on facebook where only 2 people wanted him sack and 121 people are backing Mowbray to remain as manager. 

I wanted Bowyer to be appointed after his good job in very difficult circumstances that season. He went to do a good job and rebuild the club and its repution so what. Lambert was a good appointment but IMO neither party trusted each other from the start and that why Lambert wanted a release clause in his contract. 

Chaddy, it's disappointing to see a fellow fan lack so much ambition for our great premier League winning club.

We are worse off after 21 games this season than 18/19 19/20. 

• Like 8

says who? 

What justification do you have that we have progressed? We are on 29 points from 21 games, 2 and 1 less than at the same point in the last 2 years, and we are 7 points off the play offs compared to 3 and 6 at the same stage in the last 2 years. Why are we better? How have we progressed? The results dont back up your statement.

I specifically said that Cook wouldnt be my choice but to call him a Dingle and dismiss him through that is incredibly childish.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

says who? 

I was ambivalent about Kiddo but thought we could have done better, I thought Hodgson was a poor mans Sven. Souness I was pleased with and I thought Ince was a massive gamble we didn't need to take.

says who? 

Says me. He took just 4 points from 11 games at one stage towards the end of the 18/19 season, at any normal club a manager would get sacked for such a run of form. Mowbray knows that he is lucky to have survived that as well because when he took 6 points from 10 games as Coventry manager he resigned stating he was an 'honourable' man. Sadly that honour seems to have left him as his only interest now is his own self preservation.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy, it's disappointing to see a fellow fan lack so much ambition for our great premier League winning club.

We are worse off after 21 games this season than 18/19 19/20. 

We won the PL 25 years ago when we were different club and  very different era. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

What justification do you have that we have progressed? We are on 29 points from 21 games, 2 and 1 less than at the same point in the last 2 years, and we are 7 points off the play offs compared to 3 and 6 at the same stage in the last 2 years. Why are we better? How have we progressed? The results dont back up your statement.

I specifically said that Cook wouldnt be my choice but to call him a Dingle and dismiss him through that is incredibly childish.

Created more chances, scoring goals, we have change style that will help move forward. Plus will Dack, Brereton and Travis back into our starting 11. I was to keep this style and formation develop further going forward and next season. 

Defensively, Douglas has been poor and that's cost us. But last 3 games we allow 1 shot on target which the opposition scored. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was ambivalent about Kiddo but thought we could have done better, I thought Hodgson was a poor mans Sven. Souness I was pleased with and I thought Ince was a massive gamble we didn't need to take.

Kidd was poor appointment. 

Ince was shocking gamble and he should never been appointed in the 1st place. 

Howe and his family don't like living in the north west. That's why they moved back to a warmer climate in Bournemouth.

Some people are calling for the return of Hughes. Never! If I were a player in the youth team or under 23s and Hughes came back I would look to leave Rovers a.s.a.p. Hughes had no time for bringing youth through. I'll give Mowbray his due in that he has bloodied many youngsters; far more than any previous Rovers manager.

If Mowbray resigned I would look towards Pearson or Cook. This ex-dingle thing is ridiculous. I enjoyed ex-dingles Adam Blacklaw and John Connelly playing for Rovers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Same club mate, you must be young and don't give a shit about what you never had.  We are the most successful small town club in the world, you need to remember that when you pontificate about you're £199 a year you spend and how others that don't go are somehow not as good as you at supporting the club.

Imagine saying that about a club you support. No way pedro

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Same club mate, you must be young and don't give a shit about what you never had.  We are the most successful small town club in the world, you need to remember that when you pontificate about you're £199 a year you spend and how others that don't go are somehow not as good as you at supporting the club.

Imagine saying that about a club you support. No way pedro

Football in the 90's was very different time and era to now. I remember winning the league like it was yesterday and have great memories from King Kenny's reign. Plus Hughes days here as manager and our league form and our European days. Yet great memories I will never forget. 

Spend alot more than 199 pounds at Rovers.each and every season apart from this Coronavirus hit season

17 minutes ago, bazza said:

Howe and his family don't like living in the north west. That's why they moved back to a warmer climate in Bournemouth.

Some people are calling for the return of Hughes. Never! If I were a player in the youth team or under 23s and Hughes came back I would look to leave Rovers a.s.a.p. Hughes had no time for bringing youth through. I'll give Mowbray his due in that he has bloodied many youngsters; far more than any previous Rovers manager.

Because when Hughes was in charge we were a top half of the Premiership club and the players coming through the system were not of that calibre. If the likes of Travis, Buckley and Lenihan had come through the system 15 years ago they would have been no way near good enough to make it at first team level.

Mowbray is managing a mid table Championship side and we have players of that calibre coming through the system but Nyambe is the only one even close to being Premier League standard.

One of the top players coming through the set up when Hughes was in charge was Joe Garner he was no way near good enough for us with where we were at the time as his career has shown but were he coming through the system now he'd be much more likely to play for the first team because he would be playing at his level. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Created more chances, scoring goals, we have change style that will help move forward. Plus will Dack, Brereton and Travis back into our starting 11. I was to keep this style and formation develop further going forward and next season. 

Defensively, Douglas has been poor and that's cost us. But last 3 games we allow 1 shot on target which the opposition scored. 

Kidd was poor appointment. 

Ince was shocking gamble and he should never been appointed in the 1st place. 

Why will the style help us win games going forward? Just seems like illogical hope in the face of all logic that it will all click, that we will go on a run, that we could get into the top 6 all of a sudden. The style despite us improving the personnel (Kaminski and Elliott) hasnt improved results. End of.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why will the style help us win games going forward? Just seems like illogical hope in the face of all logic that it will all click, that we will go on a run, that we could get into the top 6 all of a sudden. The style despite us improving the personnel (Kaminski and Elliott) hasnt improved results. End of.

Creating more chances by attacking teams increase your chances of winning games instead of being defensive and only created a couple of chances. 

9 hours ago, bazza said:

If Mowbray resigned I would look towards Pearson or Cook. This ex-dingle thing is ridiculous. I enjoyed ex-dingles Adam Blacklaw and John Connelly playing for Rovers.

Howe could come and live on the balmy Fylde coast 😉 

I hope he knows that it can get a bit chilly in Newcastle and Glasgow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Because when Hughes was in charge we were a top half of the Premiership club and the players coming through the system were not of that calibre. If the likes of Travis, Buckley and Lenihan had come through the system 15 years ago they would have been no way near good enough to make it at first team level.

Mowbray is managing a mid table Championship side and we have players of that calibre coming through the system but Nyambe is the only one even close to being Premier League standard.

One of the top players coming through the set up when Hughes was in charge was Joe Garner he was no way near good enough for us with where we were at the time as his career has shown but were he coming through the system now he'd be much more likely to play for the first team because he would be playing at his level. 

Agree on Nyambe, worryingly if Bennett and JRC were fit there's a fair chance Mowbray would have Nyambe sat on the bench.

• Like 3