BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Imagine bitching about two respected managers at this level or in Pulis Case recently PL level and two managers who are that organised and know how to get results through play. Is he that blinkered?

That's even more shameless than blaming Travis's absence and cracking on as though any deficiencies in the team's performance are "nothing to do with me guv".

He's signed a turkey in Ayala and he knows it and is just trying to cover his arse with some ludicrous excuse. Wonder what Pulis would make of those comments. He may have his faults but he's had a bloody sight more success than Moggasaurus in recent years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I remember last season on a similar death spiral, a fan asked Waggott about TM’s position, he merely laughed.

Sounds about right. I know someone who knows swag. Appreciate it’s all a bit once removed stuff. This bloke likes swag (mainly because he thinks swag rebuilt the club off the pitch and he’s a football man and has “good intentions”). Andy Cole disagreed with that assessment in his book but anyway.

But when you hear some of the things swag comes out with its worrying. He has an almost over my dead body attitude to Mowbray leaving. No surprises really. He almost takes full responsibility for the academy doing well. 🤷‍♂️. He sees Rovers future in terms of nurturing academy lads and then selling them on. Delusional and swag will probably fall at the first hurdle letting nyambe go on a free. He sees the local media in terms of using them to create the illusions of ambition in order to get players like Dack to extend contracts. All well and good but will end in tears if the fans buy into it as well-which we have/had. Then some other crazy redevelopment stuff I can’t really remember exactly what but sounded like stuff an 8 year old super fan would fantasise about.

In my opinion Swag is the king of weasel words and both him and Mowbray are in it for all they can get. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's even more shameless than blaming Travis's absence and cracking on as though any deficiencies in the team's performance are "nothing to do with me guv".

He's signed a turkey in Ayala and he knows it and is just trying to cover his arse with some ludicrous excuse. Wonder what Pulis would make of those comments. He may have his faults but he's had a bloody sight more success than Moggasaurus in recent years.

The thing is these managers went to clubs around us. Karanka has recently taken Middlesbrough up a few years ago so has some success his way at this level, Pulis has done a cracking job at Stoke, Palace, WBA first year and even took Middlesbrough to the play offs after they stuttered and then the next year almost went down with Woodgate until Warnock another of these types of manager saves them. 

They’ve all had success recently where as TM has been sacked at every post he’s been at and his last success was nigh on 13 years ago this season with West Brom. 

• Like 2

I think the proof of this particular pudding is in the body language and behaviour exhibited by TM:

1) Body language - sits with his head in his hands or looking down at the floor for large portions of each game, as far as can be seen from coverage - not what you'd expect from someone confident in their ability or happy with the results

2) Behaviour -  long term and inexplicable insistence on not sorting out the defence; absolutely no engagement with the team during the game; insistence on players in positions that are neither familiar nor comfortable for them; bizarre and frankly inept substitutions that anyone else watching from the outside (including the opposition!) can see are miles away from having any clear positive impact on the game(s) we are in; complete disconnect from reality in his press interactions; tactics and formation - even a rank amateur like me can see that there is no plan, no awareness of what is supposed to be happening on the pitch - the players don't know what they are doing

Conclusion? To all intents and purposes TM has LOST THE PLOT

We need a poll on here now, and we need to get on to the local rag, the radio and invade the Facebook ragbag and get the message out that it is now 'TAXI TIME for TONY'  TAKE HIM AWAY!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

The thing is these managers went to clubs around us. Karanka has recently taken Middlesbrough up a few years ago so has some success his way at this level, Pulis has done a cracking job at Stoke, Palace, WBA first year and even took Middlesbrough to the play offs after they stuttered and then the next year almost went down with Woodgate until Warnock another of these types of manager saves them. 

They’ve all had success recently where as TM has been sacked at every post he’s been at and his last success was nigh on 13 years ago this season with West Brom. 

We'd better hope, Elliott doesn't pick up an injury otherwise we'll be treated to Mowbray telling us how he does his job so much better than Klopp as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers fitness latest as four players sustain knocks | Lancashire Telegraph

''At Middlesbrough, with total respect to Tony Pulis and the way he plays, as we saw with Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, he plays with a very compact unit infront and there’s no spaces to play through, for Aitor as well who we’ll face at the weekend. I’m asking Daniel to play in a team that’s a lot more expansive and I think his body is finding the extra workload hard until he gets acclimatised''

Tony bigging himself up.

Which begs the question why the f** did he sign him? And to compound Mowbrays nonsense and bullshit he gave him a three year deal.

Here's a prediction. Before the end of his deal we will pay him off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers fitness latest as four players sustain knocks | Lancashire Telegraph

''At Middlesbrough, with total respect to Tony Pulis and the way he plays, as we saw with Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, he plays with a very compact unit infront and there’s no spaces to play through, for Aitor as well who we’ll face at the weekend. I’m asking Daniel to play in a team that’s a lot more expansive and I think his body is finding the extra workload hard until he gets acclimatised''

Tony bigging himself up.

By expansive ,he means stretched. Ayala seems like another Mowbray signing who doesn't fit the way we play. 

• Like 1

The focus and probing questions need diverting away from the playing staff and directly onto the coaches. They have failed to address the basics for defending properly, not just defenders but the entire players.
Venus and Lowe, what are they doing in training to address our consistently poor defending? Start with defending set pieces, corners, free kicks and balls played into our penalty area, tighten up and be aware of the dangers, who knows we might benefit by occasionally scoring from set pieces too? 

Though too late in my opinion, they’ve had enough time and failed. It’s such an easy part of the game, to get yourselves organised, any half decent coach can achieve this.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

By expansive ,he means stretched. Ayala seems like another Mowbray signing who doesn't fit the way we play. 

I just don't get why the players seem to like him so much when he regularly throws half of them under the bus when things start going badly. Even if a manager was doing that to my colleagues rather than me I'd be riled and never be able to trust that person, let alone if I was the one being apportioned blame for my manager's terrible choice of strategy, personnel, etc. Is it just that they want an easy, comfortable life and Mowbray gives them that? If so then we've got problems as players with ambition wouldn't be having that at all.

Edited by DE.

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’d just love to know what the justification was for the Buckley sub, in particular.

Saw a tweet from Rich Sharpe which indicated even he was confused about that.

Why do we ship so many goals, why do we make so many mistakes at the back and why have we been defensively suspect in all of your time here?

He’s had good backing this summer and he’s underachieving in a big way.

Bet Mowbray isn’t asked about any of these things by the good folks at the LT though.

Can you imagine a Rovers documentary series? Maybe Tony’s subconscious thoughts spoken throughout like Peep Show. 

Surely someone in his back room staff would question his inept decisions on team selections/positions? 

Also, I don’t think he’ll walk. He’s not the nice guy many think he is. As I’ve said before I think he’s an arrogant nasty man on the quiet. Like Ed Sheehan and James Cordon.  

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I just don't get why the players seem to like him so much when he regularly throws half of them under the bus when things start going badly. Even if a manager was doing that to my colleagues rather than me I'd be riled and never be able to trust that person, let alone if I was the one being apportioned blame for my manager's terrible choice of strategy, personnel, etc. Is it just that they want an easy, comfortable life and Mowbray gives them that? If so then we've got problems as players with ambition wouldn't be having that at all.

I think you might be into something there. 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can you imagine a Rovers documentary series? Maybe Tony’s subconscious thoughts spoken throughout like Peep Show. 

Surely someone in his back room staff would question his inept decisions on team selections/positions? 

Also, I don’t think he’ll walk. He’s not the nice guy many think he is. As I’ve said before I think he’s an arrogant nasty man on the quiet. Like Ed Sheehan and James Cordon.  

😂 Love Peep show. I don't think Mowbrays thoughts would be as funny as Mark and Jeremy 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DE. said:

He picks on the easy targets. He’ll never lose the dressing room if he keeps the players who run the dressing room (Lenihan/Bennett etc.) onside. 

• Like 2

Every manager knows when their time is up and they cannot do any more, and that results are so bad their position is untenable. I think Mowbray is nearing that point. His whole demeanour last night showed a man who doesn't know what to do.

It's ok to say he went on "a similar death spiral" last season, and "Waggott laughed" when questioned about Mowbray's position, but it's missing the point, which is that there comes a time when a manager - even Mowbray - loses credibility and has to walk away.

Two more defeats could see Mowbray leave the club IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Did Nyambe appear injured to anyone else? There was no signal that I saw or was it a case of I need to make a change so lets start with Nyambe as I cant take my usual midfield 3 off sub as Holtby was already a sub?

I don't if he was injured, but he has been shite for the last 2-3 games 

Seems to be a big change in the fanbase on the back of last night's game. Even the usual suspects aren't even defending him.

Even Tony's not been on here, (sorry, I mean mashed tatty) telling us how great he is.

Players are regressing once again, he appears to be coaching the life out if them. Holtby is a good example, he looked Tugayesque a couple of months ago,  now every pass is either sideways or backwards. He doesn't become a bad player overnight & he's certainly not the only one. There even appears to be a change in Elliot over the last few games which I'm sure will not please a certain German on Merseyside.

I wanted him out last season, but this time I'm reaching boiling point with it. 

Oh to have Jack back in his office just for 10 mins!

Feck off now Tony whilst you still have some goodwill before you end up being mentioned in the same breath as those who should not be mentioned! 

At the moment he's a bit like a fart in a car that just won't go cos it's got into the upholstery & everything!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't if he was injured, but he has been shite for the last 2-3 games 

Who hasn't? We have only right back and his tight hamstring reappears as we need a scapegoat for Mowbray again?

No wonder he will walk away at the end of the season. He maybe genuinely injured but I suspect the usual blame game has started again. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Who hasn't? We have only right back and his tight hamstring reappears as we need a scapegoat for Mowbray again?

No wonder he will walk away at the end of the season. He maybe genuinely injured but I suspect the usual blame game has started again. 

A scapegoat for Mowbray? What are you on about? 

Of course, as it is for every club. 

Just think it’s a bit of a curious juxtaposition that the very same people usually lauding the owners on said groups are also the ones sounding the alarm that the club couldn’t possibly appoint anyone better than Tony bloody Mowbray...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2