BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tony is having a freerole without the fans to critique his underwhelming tactics,as long as we amass a few points against the basket case teams im`e sure he`s happy to meander through another season,avoiding those bullies in the top six

Imagine if there’s some fans back in the stadia come April may. Some of the players wil be in for a rude awakening 

On 13/01/2021 at 07:40, philipl said:

The next three fixtures are against Stoke, Swansea and Boro.

As we haven't beaten any team above us all season, I cannot see us starting now.

Our season will be over before January is over.

Mowbray has to go.

4 points maximum , more likely 1...

I actually think the squad is okay, leadership has let us down yet we're only 5 points off the play offs. Stoke is a huge game and 3pts is a must. But I just don't feel it happening. Though there last win was boxing day against us so there not coming into this in any form

Edited by Pedrotherover
spelling error

If you ever wanted to know what a poor coach Mowbray is then you only had to watch Fulham last night. Tosin not for the first time this season has looked a far better defender for them in the Premiership than he ever did here in the Championship.

Harrison Reed was outstanding in the centre of midfield yet when Mowbray had him he played him wide on the right because he needed to learn how to play centrally from Evans and Smallwood.

• Like 5

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19010601.rovers-youngster-not-answer-yet-insists-mowbray/

Another whopper from Mowbray in the article where he says centre half is a mans job. So he is bringing an 18 year old and has let a 21 year old go out on loan.

I should have known better than to realise twaddle.

• Like 7

Just now, arbitro said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19010601.rovers-youngster-not-answer-yet-insists-mowbray/

Another whopper from Mowbray in the article where he says centre half is a mans job. So he is bringing an 18 year old and has let a 21 year old go out on loan.

I should have known better than to read his twaddle.

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The mismanagement of Harrison Reed is a huge black mark against Mowbray for me.

Such a waste of a good player.

he had to learn how to play in the middle from evans and smallwood😊

seriously,he continually sent wharton out on loan because he said he was`nt a man,sends the underused carter out on loan and lo and behold brings in an 18 year old who`s played nine times for carlisle,this smacks of desperation,incompetence and double standards,at least as a defender he can`t nullify him like he`s gradually doing with elliot

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he had to learn how to play in the middle from evans and smallwood😊

seriously,he continually sent wharton out on loan because he said he was`nt a man,sends the underused carter out on loan and lo and behold brings in an 18 year old who`s played nine times for carlisle,this smacks of desperation,incompetence and double standards,at least as a defender he can`t nullify him like he`s gradually doing with elliot

So you think Carter is better than Branthwaite? Why do you think that? 

2 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Bad news on the doorstep

wish we were managed by Pep.

I cant remember if i cried 

When i heard that he'd been hired 

The day the rovers died.

Bye bye the premier league drive

Lets be happy with mediocrity till the venkys are dry

And good old boys will say stability was grand

The day the rovers died

• Like 5

'Undoubtedly' - Mowbray says squad stronger for second half | Lancashire Telegraph

"It feels like we can score goals, dominate games, and even when we don’t score goals we create lots of chances. Some days they go in, some days they don’t.  But the fact we’re creating chances I think it’s important to do that, because if you’re scrambling 1-0s in games when you only have two or three chances every game, you’re not going to do that every week, in my opinion, unless you’re basing it around a defensive structure. But we’re not doing that, we’re basing it off an attacking structure.”

WTF!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Undoubtedly' - Mowbray says squad stronger for second half | Lancashire Telegraph

“Three points worse off, we could have been 10 points further on, easy, 12 points, games we could and should have won this season,” he said.

🤣

He conveniently forgets the scabby wins against Barnsley, Millwall and Rotherham. However some of the gullables who hang on his every word will buy that guff.

• Like 6

If anyone was in any doubt a quick read of Mowbray's comments will confirm he's lost the plot.

He's not completely daft and knows he is underachieving and not delivering what was expected. At any other club in the world he would be on the brink or already down the road so these desperate comments reflect him feeling some heat.

Unfortunately this is Venky Rovers run as a corner shop operation and he's as safe as houses.

Ramblings almost as deluded as Kean's 'entries into their box' nonsense. Does he think we are all stupid?

• Like 8

For those who CBA reading the article it can be summarised as "don't worry Venkys the squad has been unlucky and is going to do  better this next half of the season."

Most telling thing for me is building from an attacking base not a defensive base (his words). Which manager has success doing that? From Liverpool getting success when they got in the top class CB and GK through to every premier League winning team - they are all built on a defensive base. His lack of footballing basics is terrifying. 

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

For those who CBA reading the article it can be summarised as "don't worry Venkys the squad has been unlucky and is going to do  better this next half of the season."

Most telling thing for me is building from an attacking base not a defensive base (his words). Which manager has success doing that? From Liverpool getting success when they got in the top class CB and GK through to every premier League winning team - they are all built on a defensive base. His lack of footballing basics is terrifying. 

Very few managers even try to build on an attack based team. Keegan tried at Newcastle, and won nowt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Very few managers even try to build on an attack based team. Keegan tried at Newcastle, and won nowt.

Yep, can't think of one where it has succeeded. The guy is so ignorant about football it's untrue. How can he have played and managed in the game and make the errors and assumptions that he does? 

It also irks in the article he complains about defensive injuries when so many of them are crocks. 

• Backroom

For someone who is meant to put a lot of investment and focus on stats and analytics it’s convenient to now ignore all of that because to his eye we look better.

The personality is hugely different of course but these are some real ‘dew on the grass’ level comments 

@Parsonblue is spot on (no surprise) you need to know your best team, remember Tony over thinking a game in league one and subsequently messing it up because he shuffled his team around in fear of the oppositions left back!

• Like 3