BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, just feel like he set the interview up to get HIS point across. You have to wonder about the timing and his motivation...”the owners understand that we’ve had three Cb’s out...well I hope they do..” 👀

You're dead right. He clearly feels under pressure..I was being facetious. 

• Like 1

Any credible owners would say.look weve used this mob to get us the last few managers and were stuck treading water in the championship,lets try somewhere different this time but as they arent credible owners we'll more likely get more shit from the same stable of crappy managers we have gotten used too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he bloody should be under pressure,he`s unable to get the best out of a good set of players and at the moment we don`t look like winning again,ever!!!

Only excuses regarding the defence, no focus as to the reasons why we haven't had a decent centre half since Grant Hanley and Shane Duffy left. Who's watch has that been on?

And another thing, the reference to being 'entitled', just fuck off Mowbray. The majority of remaining Rovers fans all remember traipsing round such salubrious stadia such as The Shay, Field Mill, Millmoor, Vale Park, Gigg Lane, Spotland etc in the late 60s and early 70s, don't talk to me of being 'spoiled'!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Only excuses regarding the defence, no focus as to the reasons why we haven't had a decent centre half since Grant Hanley and Shane Duffy left. Who's watch has that been on?

And another thing, the reference to being 'entitled', just fuck off Mowbray. The majority of remaining Rovers fans all remember traipsing round such salubrious stadia such as The Shay, Field Mill, Millmoor, Vale Park, Gigg Lane, Spotland etc in the late 60s and early 70s, don't talk to me of being 'spoiled'!

Yeah, that reference was strange!! “Some of the fans remember Shearer and Sutton, they’ll never be happy!”

Wow...I reckon the message has got out to Venkys. That interview is fascinating from a Mowbray point of view. He’s never ‘defended’ his position like that before...

• Like 3

Amazing how Mowbray somehow manages to make basic elements of football and management out to be special unique qualities and virtues that only he is able to deliver.

- Trying to improve and get higher in the league

- Bringing better players in than those who depart

- Trying to tie good players down to long term contracts

Does he think these are unique concepts that he has come up with? I think every manager in the world would aim to do the same.

"Every team is super organised and fit". I don't think we are. That's a big part of the issue.

I agree that Mowbray probably feels under pressure of some sorts and so he should. He's been well backed, had plenty of time and there is little evidence of any progress. There's something wrong if he isn't feeling some heat or scrutiny. Sadly that will almost entirely be local from fans and to a lesser degree local media rather than in the club hierarchy. 

I suspect his predecessors have also felt pressure at times when they've been struggling, not knowing what the loons in Pune are going to do.

Unfortunately the setup here is a long way from conventional and he's probably bomb proof, the only spanner in the works might be mysterious Pasha but by all accounts he's nowhere to be seen and hasn't since early last year. Probably too late for that now as Mowbray has his feet under the table in India. If it's in the hands of 'Madame' then he probably doesn't realise how safe he really is.

I've no problem with him reminding people that we are Blackburn Rovers and with our history we should be looking to get back to the Premier League. That doesn't translate into arrogance or expecting a god given right to be there, but we've just as much right as anyone else and we are not a little club punching above our weight here.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

condescending ****,i grew up when rovers did`nt have a pot to **** in but still managed to employ a manager who 100% out of his team,kendall,saxton and mackay were hugely superior managers than mowbray and they had`nt a farthing to play with,they did`nt play anyone stupidly out of positon either,****** mowbray would have had norman bell out wide,garner in midfield and ian miller at full back🥵

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

condescending ****,i grew up when rovers did`nt have a pot to **** in but still managed to employ a manager who 100% out of his team,kendall,saxton and mackay were hugely superior managers than mowbray and they had`nt a farthing to play with,they did`nt play anyone stupidly out of positon either,****** mowbray would have had norman bell out wide,garner in midfield and ian miller at full back🥵

Not to mention 'Sir' Roger at centre forward!

48 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

...and never at fault for anything, it's always someone or something else that is to blame.

May 2019: "Tony, KPMG say you can either have a Danny Graham or a £1.5 million new pitch, the best in the country but you can't have both. What'll it be?"..........

....January 2021?

TAXI

It’s never his fault.....

55 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

...and never at fault for anything, it's always someone or something else that is to blame.

May 2019: "Tony, KPMG say you can either have a Danny Graham or a £1.5 million new pitch, the best in the country but you can't have both. What'll it be?"..........

....January 2021?

TAXI

Bloody hell...... that was a no brainer wasn't it.

And he got it wrong.

We ended up with a well past it Graham AND a £5m donkey.

How quaint...

“Tam, the Cardiff owner said; their efforts to propel us towards a fifth-place finish and play-off position last year are recognised and appreciated. Although sadly we are in a result-orientated business and our on-field results of late and progress this season has been very poor.

“As such, we have had no choice but to relieve them of their duties. We hope to improve results and league position with a change of manager.”

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I haven't listened to this because, quite simply he bores me with his twaddle.

Mowbray has well and truly ingratiated himself on the owners who, like some Rovers fans buy his bluster and bull. If the rumour of Waggott retiring at the end of the season is true I think our only hope of Mowbray going is a new CEO who can see through the self preservation nonsense he comes out with. However I don't hold out too much hope and have resigned myself to the mediocrity Mowbray brings for as long as he wants to be here.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I haven't listened to this because, quite simply he bores me with his twaddle.

Mowbray has well and truly ingratiated himself on the owners who, like some Rovers fans buy his bluster and bull. If the rumour of Waggott retiring at the end of the season is true I think our only hope of Mowbray going is a new CEO who can see through the self preservation nonsense he comes out with. However I don't hold out too much hope and have resigned myself to the mediocrity Mowbray brings for as long as he wants to be here.

I’m not sure...I think the recent increase in excuses and then THAT interview are sure signs that he’s feeling the pressure and trying to quell the unrest.

If it’s true that Waggot is retiring then this only adds to Mowbrays problems...new broom and all that!

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure...I think the recent increase in excuses and then THAT interview are sure signs that he’s feeling the pressure and trying to quell the unrest.

If it’s true that Waggot is retiring then this only adds to Mowbrays problems...new broom and all that!

Do you think he'll walk or are you saying you think he'll be sacked?

I have heard from two different people who work at Ewood that the word is Swag is retiring. His absence from Ewood and pretty much non attendance at games indicates to me that he has lost interest. Maybe Mowbray realises this and is getting his ducks in a row to help him keep his job.

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There was nothing in that interview than he hasn't come out with before. There's always been excuses and he's always got defensive when he perceives criticism.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Do you think he'll walk or are you saying you think he'll be sacked?

I have heard from two different people who work at Ewood that the word is Swag is retiring. His absence from Ewood and pretty much non attendance at games indicates to me that he has lost interest. Maybe Mowbray realises this and is getting his ducks in a row to help him keep his job.

I’m honestly not sure but Mowbrays conduct over the past couple of weeks has changed markedly in my opinion. He’s making a real effort to provide mitigation for the bad performances (more than normal). Mate, you HAVE to listen to the interview!! I found it fascinating. He’s obv rang his pal and said I’ll come on, put my point across! 🙈

My feeling is that they’ve had a mid season review and it’s gone badly. Swag and TM are in the firing line...is Swag retiring or being pushed? 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

Look any manager who says we fans are entitled because we compare him and the team to the Premiership winning team and only that will make us happy has no integrity. End of story. It's an absolute blatant lie with no basis in reality. 

No one - Hughes or Souness, Kidd or Ince has ever been compared with those days. To do so is frankly disgusting, maligning the fan base, and really should be enough to remove the wool from people's eyes. It's a comment on the level of the odious one it is that sneaky and detached from reality. 

Well, TM it has changed my mind. I wanted you out as you weren't good enough as a manager before the interview. Now I want you out because you aren't fit as a person to manage this great club. You now fail on both character and competence. Just do one. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m honestly not sure but Mowbrays conduct over the past couple of weeks has changed markedly in my opinion. He’s making a real effort to provide mitigation for the bad performances (more than normal). Mate, you HAVE to listen to the interview!! I found it fascinating. He’s obv rang his pal and said I’ll come on, put my point across! 🙈

My feeling is that they’ve had a mid season review and it’s gone badly. Swag and TM are in the firing line...is Swag retiring or being pushed? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I suspect strongly he is retiring as the rumour has been rife for some time now. If there is pressure on Mowbray it has to be coming from within but I honestly think he still holds all the cards in respect of his future.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I suspect strongly he is retiring as the rumour has been rife for some time now. If there is pressure on Mowbray it has to be coming from within but I honestly think he still holds all the cards in respect of his future.

I don’t know but if held ALL the power why would he even bother defending himself? Never mind giving that creepy interview? Seems off to me..

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

There was nothing in that interview than he hasn't come out with before. There's always been excuses and he's always got defensive when he perceives criticism.

I agree. But he literally pulled every rabbit he had out of the hat in 10mins...it was like he was being interviewed for a job!