BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Sadly you've missed the point by a country mile Blue Blood, maybe take a step back, read what is written before putting the size 12's firmly on the mouth.

The football club was once run on sounds morals/values and real football ethos with the fans and community at its heart, thats been missing since Venkys took over.

I believe Mowbray has brought some of that ethos back, it’s not perfect, but it’s on the right track.

And now that TM has steered the ship in the right direction, it is time for a new captain to take the helm.  All leaders have their arena, Churchill great during wartime and rubbish at peace, TM has brought stability that seems his gift but we need promotion and this seems his peace. If TM has done as he said, given the whole senior staff are his appointments and of his ilk, then we should have faith that a 'good' man will be appointed by them. Even the owners have bought in for a while now and surely given the transformation they too see the benefits of a club unified in purpose. If the club is now as stated then faith should also be given by us that matters will not return to the chilly days of icebergs and shysters. 

I've never really commented much about Mowbray as I no longer go to matches but I did read the interview and I had that feeling you get when the villain in a film says to the heroine ' dont you trust me,' and I want to shout at her, 'dont trust him an inch, love. If they have to bang on about trust, they are not trustworthy' 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

When people have to constantly remind you how honourable they are and their values they probably don’t have either. That interview was a bizarre charm offensive on someone. Just not sure who. Probably the owners. 

100%. Starts with Madame and ends with Blingy! Given I believe he’s talking to them more and more via the media it may show that he feels just the teeniest bit of heat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I fully expect Mowbray gone next week and Hughes back as manager. You can sense something is in the air and has been for a couple of weeks. 

Wishful thinking sadly. Hughes is lining himself up for the Newcastle job and I suspect he'd feel coming back here was a bit beneath him, despite his stuttering career.

And far more importantly - Venkys have bought into Mowbray's bullshit as they don't care enough to see through it. Anyone who knows how football works can see his time is up and has been for a while, but our owners farm chickens and don't give a shit. 

I so hope you're right, however! 

• Like 1

Mowbray is praising the owners (again - yawn) for allowing him to bring in Branthwaite. Nov I don't know for sure but I'd imagine we are picking up a percentage of the 18 year olds wages which in reality shouldn't be a fortune. And to mitigate some of that Carter has gone out on loan.

For me it's all part of Mowbray's continuing ingratiation with the owners.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray on Swansea postponement and Middlesbrough build-up | Lancashire Telegraph

“As I’ve sat here and spoken about we’ve had spells with no right backs, with no left backs"

It's just bullshit isn't it? 

Just so unfortunate that we’re the only club to suffer from Covid and injuries this season.

The excuses are getting greater in frequency and size. Not sure one game counts as a spell but there we go... 

Much of the defensive issues are his own making, especially the no centre backs fiasco.

Honestly having a manager spout a load of guff in survival mode is really making it hard not to dislike him as a man as well as a manger. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Wishful thinking sadly. Hughes is lining himself up for the Newcastle job and I suspect he'd feel coming back here was a bit beneath him, despite his stuttering career.

And far more importantly - Venkys have bought into Mowbray's bullshit as they don't care enough to see through it. Anyone who knows how football works can see his time is up and has been for a while, but our owners farm chickens and don't give a shit. 

I so hope you're right, however! 

Rafa left China. Maybe he is heading back to Newcastle???? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blue blood said:

The excuses are getting greater in frequency and size. Not sure one game counts as a spell but there we go... 

Much of the defensive issues are his own making, especially the no centre backs fiasco.

Honestly having a manager spout a load of guff in survival mode is really making it hard not to dislike him as a man as well as a manger. 

I have been in favour of replacing the manager since we were promoted but always knew that this was purely a football decision and wished no ill will on the man who seemed decent. This week was when that totally changed. Can anyone honestly argue that the quotes from the last few interviews would look out of place coming from Kean's or Coyle's mouth?

"It'll all get better in the *unspecified how long* future and we'll magically start winning consistently when all injuries stop and the players play exactly to my style." BOLLOCKS!

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 3

when the excuses and bull**** start flying it`s a sign a manager is under pressure,tony has never done these type of interviews and podcasts in the past,he`s definately feeling it,my thought is the players,at least some of them are in revolt,word has probably got upstairs to swag and/or venkys have been in touch wondering where their millions they gave to mowbray has gone,swag has panicked and put the thump screws on mowbray,demanding results improve,i fully expect mowbray to have get sacked or resign in the coming month,tone is toast

He now needs to stop talking to the media, we've had two left backs all season. We are short of defensive cover either because you (Tony) failed to sign any defenders last summer and fit ones this summer OR the owner's didn't back you enough. Choose one and walk away or get the owners to back you with some permanent signings.

Edited by Ghost7

I think there are many on here getting over excited with the content and missing out on the real context. In truth, much of what he said is right. Of course he’s going to slant things his way but there’s nothing new there. I’ve had lots of people leave my business and never once have I heard a person say “I’m really sorry, I’m just not good enough”...but are you telling me that there isn’t a section of our fans that are NEVER happy!? Is he lying about the impact of losing 2/4 of your cb’s for the season and another for 6/8 weeks wouldn’t be catastrophic for any club? Of course there’s embellishment...BUT the real questions I think we should be asking ourselves are...

”why has he suddenly decided to do this interview and defend his position?”

”why did he choose his pal to interview him?”

”why is he suddenly reeling off more excuses than ever?”

”what’s changed?”

Imo he’s nothing like Kean and he doesn’t deserve that comparison. He’s a good guy who’s done a good job and realises that he may have run his race...he obviously feels under pressure.

Im convinced it’s the beginning of the end. I just hope it all gets handled in a classy way. 

• Like 3

There’s an element of every fanbase that are ‘never happy’, but he honestly can’t think he’s had a remotely tough relationship with the Rovers fanbase. I’ve never known a manager as average as TM given such an easy ride.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8