BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Yeah let’s not compromise the standards that brought us Owen Coyle and Steve K**n Jesus Christ😂... Warnock has always been one of those managers who is disliked by fans of other clubs because of his passion on a match day and his outspokenness, but at most clubs he’s been even after he has left the fans at said club think very highly of him. You can’t knock his managerial record, the Branthwaite incident annoyed me at the time and was out of order from Warnock but that was obviously in the heat of the moment and he was annoyed about the result and concerned about the well-being of his player. Warnock is a top manager, criminal we didn’t appoint him when we appointed Coyle, you only have to look at what he did at Cardiff around that time and what happened to us to know how criminal a decision it was. 

It is simple really - Warnock is a t#$@ while managing other teams but in a fight i'd want him on my side...

• Like 4

The is a fair amount of tunnel vision on here.

Fry is over 6'2'' and got kicked in the head whilst not ducking down.

And somehow Warnock is the culprit and not the professional footballer who did it.

Ohhhhh hes a youngster, he will learn .....I worry about some of you.

If Morsy had done it there would have been a lynch mob on a bus to Boro.

Exhibit A:

Fry.jpg

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Gav said:

You don't have access to my email I assume frosty....

What would your reaction be to a 0-3 home loss to Rotherham?

I don’t no, but ‘Middlesbrough fans’ seems a bit of a generalisation based on one email. 

It’s an abysmal result of course, but it’s happened a few months into a relatively new manager’s reign which has on the whole gone very well so far. So that’s why there’s practically zero criticism of Warnock from what I’ve seen. If it happened to us now after years of Mowbray’s ‘slow build’ and with most of us believing he’s taken us as far as he can? Different story. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Yeah let’s not compromise the standards that brought us Owen Coyle and Steve K**n Jesus Christ😂... Warnock has always been one of those managers who is disliked by fans of other clubs because of his passion on a match day and his outspokenness, but at most clubs he’s been even after he has left the fans at said club think very highly of him. You can’t knock his managerial record, the Branthwaite incident annoyed me at the time and was out of order from Warnock but that was obviously in the heat of the moment and he was annoyed about the result and concerned about the well-being of his player. Warnock is a top manager, criminal we didn’t appoint him when we appointed Coyle, you only have to look at what he did at Cardiff around that time and what happened to us to know how criminal a decision it was. 

I see him as a Robbie savage type from the managerial world. A bit of a wind up merchant but you love it when he's on your team. That said I quite liked savage before he played for us anyway. And you're right, if we had appointed him instead of coyle, we'd have been in a far better place. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Warnock is a prick and always has been.

But we aren’t discussing him as a future son in law, we are discussing him as a manager of the football club. 

A fair point but I suppose the question has to be : does he go so far with his behaviour that his players lose all respect for him and effectively down tools. Based on their result last night after his behaviour at the end of our game the answer may well be yes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A fair point but I suppose the question has to be : does he go so far with his behaviour that his players lose all respect for him and effectively down tools. Based on their result last night after his behaviour at the end of our game the answer may well be yes.

Mate he berated an ADULT the guys not a child. 

Would love him at our club.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Warnock is a prick and always has been.

But we aren’t discussing him as a future son in law, we are discussing him as a manager of the football club. 

He's probably the only manager, that we could potentially attract, that I'd sack Mowbray for right now.

My Middlesbrough colleagues would gladly drive him down here after last nights debacle too. 

Boro have lost 3 on the bounce at home in the league -  Birmingham, Rovers and Rotherham, they also lost at Hillsborough recently. 

The pitch forks would out if Mowbray had done the same.

Edited by Gav

I'm not put off by that one incident but hes not going to give you long before he wants to retire. If you want a change of manager I'd want someone younger who can move the team forward into the 21st century concentrating on fitness levels as well as skills. I dont mean a youngster but a guy in his 40s or 50s whose developed a belief in the way he wants to set his team up, builds his team up and makes them better as a team. Does this guy exist? I dont know but we're talking ideas here, not naming names

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I'm not put off by that one incident but hes not going to give you long before he wants to retire. If you want a change of manager I'd want someone younger who can move the team forward into the 21st century concentrating on fitness levels as well as skills. I dont mean a youngster but a guy in his 40s or 50s whose developed a belief in the way he wants to set his team up, builds his team up and makes them better as a team. Does this guy exist? I dont know but we're talking ideas here, not naming names

The next generations top manager is out there. The chances of Rovers landing him is nil.

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

He’s called Damien Johnson 😃 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? 

Because apart from you we've nobody looking out for him. The Chicken Chokers will be too busy watching the cricket and none of our " directors " will have their ear to the ground listening to the football jungle drums.

Back when we really hadn't got a pot to piss in our directors signed 4 managers - Furphy, Smith, Lee, Kendall all of whom were poached away from us by Div 1 teams and went on to bigger and better things. Jim Iley was a bollock but they were entitled to one mistake. The board then was composed of guys who'd been around football and the lower leagues and they'd spotted the up coming managerial talent. We don't have that at the moment

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't want Warnock here now. 

Hes was great on Talksport, but his actions towards to Branthwaite were disgraceful of the highest order IMO

Any other manager except Mowbray would have done the same.

Warnock's a winner. Mowbray isn't 

• Like 6

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw a photo were Warnock is bollocking the kid and Mowbray is just sat there watching him do it. 

Any other manager would at that point had a bust-up with Warnock. Souness would have clocked him probably. Tony "Nice Guy" Mowbray smiles and picks up his latest pension cheque

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Any other manager would at that point had a bust-up with Warnock. Souness would have clocked him probably. Tony "Nice Guy" Mowbray smiles and picks up his latest pension cheque

Mowbray did quite clearly say "f*** off Neil" towards the end of the match on Sunday (at 4.53pm to be precise). It came through nice and loud on the TV. Didn't see any other Neils anywhere around at the time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

No they wouldn't .

You think that other managers would have gone over to Braintwhaite at the final whistle and gave him abuse?

Some would, some wouldn't. He should have been bollocking the ref not the lad. It wasn't the lads fault the ref gave nothing.

Sometimes you wonder wether the refs eyes are just painted on. Sorry Arbi.

My mind goes back to when that German goalie nearly killed, and I mean killed, that French outfield player in the World Cup. He stayed on.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces