BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

44 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Very little said about how Ben Whiteman et al completely overpowered our central midfield today. @Sparks Rover being remarkably restrained

Thought the lad came of age a little tonight.  Real professional job. Solid, strong, dirty, perhaps not his most progressive game....but Neil had a plan tonight.  Ben covered and blocked all night. Can only imagine what would have happened if Tony had put the boy wonder on😆

Mowbray Out. Pearson in by the next game please 

• Like 3

I haven't mentioned set pieces but we definitely have major problems scoring and defending them. That's not solely down to Mowbray but he and his staff undeniably have a part to play. I'm sure there are plenty of average height, well drilled teams in the world that could have handled that cross. Pros know exactly what needs to be done on set plays if they're lacking in height, ours aren't doing it. The poor performances are leading to individual and collective errors.

• Like 1

My biggest concern with Mowbray going before summer is the state of the squad. Despite what fans think, they are a close group, and a lot have loyalty to Mowbray. We have too many contracts that need sorting first. Mulgrew, Graham and Smallwood were big charachters in the dressing room. Bennett too and cant see him staying.

Armstrong will be loyal to Mowbray, Travis we know is. 

Sack him now, we risk disrupting the whole squad, and losing the likes of Rothwell and Nyambe on free and Armstrong could be lured away.

Tie up the squad, see out season, if we dont make play offs, make a change.

38 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

That's not solely down to Mowbray but he and his staff undeniably have a part to play. 

It’s absolutely down to Mowbray and his coaching team to organise us from set pieces. The best managers get it right and reap the rewards. I’m fed up of seeing us concede from set pieces what feels like weekly while offering zero threat from ours. One goal scored all season from them and 9+ conceded. Tells you everything you need to know about our manager. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Geniunely intrigued - I certainly didn’t see it, but did he get off his chair once during the game that anyone saw? Something doesn’t smell right. Even if he does have the hump with the V’s, as we know all too well, it doesn’t mean they’ll put him out of his misery.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 hour ago, Wood26 said:

My biggest concern with Mowbray going before summer is the state of the squad. Despite what fans think, they are a close group, and a lot have loyalty to Mowbray. We have too many contracts that need sorting first. Mulgrew, Graham and Smallwood were big charachters in the dressing room. Bennett too and cant see him staying.

Sack him now, we risk disrupting the whole squad, and losing the likes of Rothwell and Nyambe on free and Armstrong could be lured away.

On what facts do you base your opinion regarding Mowbray's "popularity" with the players?

The fact is, none of them understand his logic and most think he is a knob!

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

On what facts do you base your opinion regarding Mowbray's "popularity" with the players?

The fact is, none of them understand his logic and most think he is a knob!

On what fact do you base players think hes a Knob?

There is countless comments from players talking up the group

2 hours ago, Wood26 said:

They do know, and of course they are coached. Someone didn't win their header, it's that simple.

We are vulnerable, we have a small side.

🤔

Thomas Kaminski - 6'3"            Lewis Travis - 6' 1/2"

Jarrad Branthwaite - 6'5"          Sam Gallagher - 6' 4"

Darragh Lenihan - 6'2"

Are you expecting us to sign Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan and the like?

Absolute hogwash!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wood26 said:

I think there might be quite a few on here willing to volunteer to tie up the squad, literally. At least then you'd be sure they were in their correct places.

Dack's returned from a serious injury. You know he isn't match fit. You plan to take 3-4 games to build him up to a full match. You know you're going to substitute him. Having to play all your loanees every week is disruptive to the squad. Trybull would have to be played, if fit, too.

I'd want someone with nous and experience pulling the strings in midfield like Downing. I like the spine Kaminski-Lenihan-Travis-Dack-Armstrong. Dolan and Elliott either side of Dack. A back four of Douglas Branthwaite/THB and Nyambe. Currently 2 enforced substitutions. Set up to be on the front foot. Probably Rothwell for Dack.

Why would Rothwell and Nyambe want to return?  I am sure being substituted most weeks for non-footballing reasons is not building Nyambe's character. The squad will break up at the end of the season unless given a reason to want to stick around. The playoffs aren't within reach with Mowbray as manager.

Shaking up the squad is what is needed. Now. A change of manager is what is needed.

• Like 1

We can keep talking about what he inherited, L1 and the like. But he’s had 4 years, never needed to sell a player, free reign at the club, new scouting set ups, Brockhall investments and on it goes. 

We’ve been back in this league three seasons and are now pretty much we’re we’ve always been this decade - second division mid table, and nothing says to me that season four will be any different.

Mowbray or whoever as manager, at what stage do these owners actually expect some bang for their buck? Can there be any other club where this seeming largesse leads to so little? Or perhaps even stranger, is there any other club where these never ending capital injections are pumped in, yet with no obvious expectations of progress or tangible success on the pitch being required?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can keep talking about what he inherited, L1 and the like. But he’s had 4 years, never needed to sell a player, free reign at the club, new scouting set ups, Brockhall investments and on it goes. 

We’ve been back in this league three seasons and are now pretty much we’re we’ve always been this decade - second division mid table, and nothing says to me that season four will be any different.

Mowbray or whoever as manager, at what stage do these owners actually expect some bang for their buck? Can there be any other club where this seeming largesse leads to so little? Or perhaps even stranger, is there any other club where these never ending capital injections are pumped in, yet with no obvious expectations of progress or tangible success on the pitch being required?

This is where the CEO comes into his own and advises the owners as to what needs doing and when. He’s got to point out to them the consequences of doing nothing - to both results and their investment.

Anyone at all on this site believe that’s happening?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, den said:

This is where the CEO comes into his own and advises the owners as to what needs doing and when. He’s got to point out to them the consequences of doing nothing - to both results and their investment.

Anyone at all on this site believe that’s happening?

No, but that seemingly is how they want it. They have employed a series of non entities and spivs with little executive power for a decade and the result speaks for itself.

The 200 million pound question with this lot as always is, why?

• Like 3