BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No, but that seemingly is how they want it. They have employed a series of non entities and spivs with little executive power for a decade and the result speaks for itself.

The 200 million pound question with this lot as always is, why?

I wish I had a mere fraction of that at my disposal just to 'save face'!

5 hours ago, Wood26 said:

My biggest concern with Mowbray going before summer is the state of the squad. Despite what fans think, they are a close group, and a lot have loyalty to Mowbray. We have too many contracts that need sorting first. Mulgrew, Graham and Smallwood were big charachters in the dressing room. Bennett too and cant see him staying.

Armstrong will be loyal to Mowbray, Travis we know is. 

Sack him now, we risk disrupting the whole squad, and losing the likes of Rothwell and Nyambe on free and Armstrong could be lured away.

Tie up the squad, see out season, if we dont make play offs, make a change.

To the contrary, I think the only chance of Nyambe staying, and possibly the others, is to change the manager.

Ambitious players will not want to stay if Mowbray does.

• Like 1

Four teenagers on the pitch at full time, only one is even our player. 

That tells me we certainly aren’t on a ‘journey’ and so many young players just won’t lead to short term success in a brutal league like this either.

Just muddled thinking throughout the club and millions being thrown down the toilet in the process.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Wood26 said:

My biggest concern with Mowbray going before summer is the state of the squad. Despite what fans think, they are a close group, and a lot have loyalty to Mowbray. We have too many contracts that need sorting first. Mulgrew, Graham and Smallwood were big charachters in the dressing room. Bennett too and cant see him staying.

Armstrong will be loyal to Mowbray, Travis we know is. 

Sack him now, we risk disrupting the whole squad, and losing the likes of Rothwell and Nyambe on free and Armstrong could be lured away.

Tie up the squad, see out season, if we dont make play offs, make a change.

There is more chance Nyambe will stay if TM goes. Nyambe is TMs scapegoat constantly, there is no loyalty to the manager there I'm afraid. Armstrong has over the years had a seemingly close relationship with TM but I don't think that will be enough to entice him to extend his deal. He wants Premier league football and he must realise its not happening here with TM in charge. And if he doesn't, his agent will for sure!!

5 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Have a look how much the top 6 spent last couple years and come back to me

In the 3 season since we have been back in the Championship Swansea have spent about £8 Million, in the same time we have spent £15 Million just on strikers. In the last 2 seasons with Cooper in charge they have spent  £2.2 Million on transfers so less than half of what we spent just on Sam Gallagher in that same period.

Reading in the 3 years since we have been back in the Championship have spent around the same as us although their net spend is a fair bit less than ours. 

Brentford have made a significant profit in terms of transfers because they are always forced to sell their best players something that has never happened to Mowbray. 

Norwich are only in a position to spend money because they got to the Premiership but Farke got them into the Prem by spending less than Mowbray has already spent and he had two of his best player sold in Murphy and Maddison.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

They do know, and of course they are coached. Someone didn't win their header, it's that simple.

We are vulnerable, we have a small side.

Not as simple.

It was chaotic - so many Rovers' players in or around the six yard box.  Starting positions were all wrong and I honestly don't think the players knew what they were doing - school boy stuff.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

In the 3 season since we have been back in the Championship Swansea have spent about £8 Million, in the same time we have spent £15 Million just on strikers. In the last 2 seasons with Cooper in charge they have spent  £2.2 Million on transfers so less than half of what we spent just on Sam Gallagher in that same period.

Reading in the 3 years since we have been back in the Championship have spent around the same as us although their net spend is a fair bit less than ours. 

Brentford have made a significant profit in terms of transfers because they are always forced to sell their best players something that has never happened to Mowbray. 

Norwich are only in a position to spend money because they got to the Premiership but Farke got them into the Prem by spending less than Mowbray has already spent and he had two of his best player sold in Murphy and Maddison.

I am not even bothered by Mowbrays poor record in comparison to other managers. He deserves to go for the shit performances of his squad. Whether it is down to poor tactics, motivation, or training. It is Mowbrays fault.

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Don't think the players had a clue what they were doing at the corner - disorganised chaos.

When defending set pieces, every one of your 11 players should know what their responsibility is.  That is basic organisation and coaching.

Think Evans / Neil said post match they though Rovers were vulnerable at set pieces. 

This.

The last defence of a manager from fans or the manager himself, blame the players.

Under Ince we made mistakes as a team and players made individual mistakes. In comes Allardyce, mistakes are cut out enormously because he had the players organised and each one of them knew what their job was in any situation during a game.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thought the lad came of age a little tonight.  Real professional job. Solid, strong, dirty, perhaps not his most progressive game....but Neil had a plan tonight.  Ben covered and blocked all night. Can only imagine what would have happened if Tony had put the boy wonder on😆

Mowbray Out. Pearson in by the next game please 

Would love Pearson, don't see him coming unfortunately.

I’m not one that puts too much stock in a manager’s demeanour on the touch line. Coyle, for example, never STFU for 90 minutes.

However, last night was very striking, he spent the entire game frozen to his seat about 10 rows up the stand, never speaking to his staff or players. Compare to Neil who was cajoling his team from the technical area and in discussion with his coaches.

All seems very strange at the moment.

Edited by Mattyblue

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

An utterly bizarre interview. As I said last night I don't think he wants to be here the only thing keeping him here is his last big pay packet before retirement.

Jesus fucking christ. Could he sound anymore like he doesn't give a shit. That is absolutely shocking. I've said before I felt he wanted to get sacked. This just confirms it for me. All he wants is the pay off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

With Mowbray still in charge and ground restrictions still in place. How many of the 2500 will be renewing their season tickets 21/22 ? 

You'd have to pay me to watch that lot. Not fit to wear the shirt comes to mind. I remember the last days of Kiddo, we struggled woefully against QPR and lost 2-1. The team was booed off at the end. I said to my lad " Don't worry, he'll be gone before the next game ". And he was.

54 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

An utterly bizarre interview. As I said last night I don't think he wants to be here the only thing keeping him here is his last big pay packet before retirement.

Wow.

He sounds so down and how many times does he answer with "i don't know" the right at the end just moans he's cold.

Bizarre, as you say.

At the risk of the tinfoil hat but IS he actually running the show now ?

Rumours of players being brought in by recruitment dept. the signings of BB and Gallagher and the latters constant shoe horning in.  His general demeanor on the touchline and increasing nonsense spouted. Bringing on loan players when we are supposed to be chasing games etc.

Something doesn't smell right, is he just a coach now ?  Is Championship Manager the real life version in play again ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

'You sound disappointed Tony'

'No, just cold'

Astonishing attitude. He sounds like a petulant child who thinks he is above criticism for most of that interview. Show some respect for the club and its fans. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

At the risk of the tinfoil hat but IS he actually running the show now ?

Rumours of players being brought in by recruitment dept. the signings of BB and Gallagher and the latters constant shoe horning in.  His general demeanor on the touchline and increasing nonsense spouted. Bringing on loan players when we are supposed to be chasing games etc.

Something doesn't smell right, is he just a coach now ?  Is Championship Manager the real life version in play again ?

Most on here including me want Mowbray out but he ain't going to walk despite implying he would many moons ago if he felt he could do no more. Even without the fans at games he will know to some extent the anger we have but because he doesn't see or hear there is limited fan pressure. Pressure from Venkys is the unknown but I doubt their involvement, but that's only a doubt.

But I think you're tomphil. His daft comments, passing on responsibility to players, playing a forward at right back with Gally shaking his head as he was substituted along with his sitting games out suggests something has happened and he doesn't like it. 

• Like 1