BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

What about asking Tony some serious questions at the next annual meeting with  him. Ask about  the Defence situation, and how does he think we’d cope in the Primer League? Maybe some probing questions are needed to show his failings.

The bloke's a bullshitter, he'll tell the room what they want to hear but then his actions will tell a different story. 

3 minutes ago, booth said:

If John Williams was still in charge he'd have been sacked after the game, new manager shortlist being drawn up this morning.

Any good senior exec would already have a few names in his head. You need to have an on going succession plan even if things are going OK. You never know what is around the corner in football.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any good senior exec would already have a few names in his head. You need to have an on going succession plan even if things are going OK. You never know what is around the corner in football.

That's true, I was just meaning in an official capacity under normal circumstances he'd be out on his arse.

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

At the risk of the tinfoil hat but IS he actually running the show now ?

Rumours of players being brought in by recruitment dept. the signings of BB and Gallagher and the latters constant shoe horning in.  His general demeanor on the touchline and increasing nonsense spouted. Bringing on loan players when we are supposed to be chasing games etc.

Something doesn't smell right, is he just a coach now ?  Is Championship Manager the real life version in play again ?

I had a similar thought last night. He didn't seem to know anything about the initial interest in Harry Pickering. The way in which we rushed into signing Brereton out of the blue, the constant use of Gallagher on the right wing, the 'let's throw all our attackers on and see what happens' tactic. It stinks and actually does feel like a real life game of Football Manager being played out. Another thing, why does this stupid false 9 tactic only seem to appear when we are closing in on the top 6? It cost us last night and at QPR. I remember a game at Wigan last season when we were in a similar position, he tried to go with Holtby as a false 9 and it failed miserably. It feels like we revert to Armstrong down the middle when we are a safe distance away from the play offs. Get within 3/4 points of the play offs and suddenly Dack/Elliott/Holtby/Whoever is played as a false 9. Why?

I remember hearing Glen mention on a podcast that when the rat was manager he would send the team sheet to Balaji for approval and he would make amendments to it. I'm not saying that's still happening today, but if somebody was to tell me that Balaji is the one who is picking the team and Mowbray is just the coach, suddenly all of this garbage would make sense.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, booth said:

If John Williams was still in charge he'd have been sacked after the game, new manager shortlist being drawn up this morning.

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah a proper boardroom would always have a name or two just in case. What do we have a ceo who laughs at the prospect of the manager being sacked. 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray's " approval " rate must be at the Kean/Coyle level by now.

I would say he’s still miles ahead of those two (and a lot of other managers too)

Totally anecdotal obviously, but Im on a WhatsApp group and the performance and tactics were absolutely pilloried last night - but was TM seen at fault or even mentioned? Not at all. If that’d been Kean or Coyle or Lambert or Bowyer, said managers would have had both barrels. As would Allardyce.

His halo has slipped in recent weeks, but he’s still as Teflon as any manager we’ve ever had.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say he’s still miles ahead of those two (and a lot of other managers too)

Totally anecdotal obviously, but Im on a WhatsApp group and the performance and tactics were absolutely pilloried last night - but was TM seen at fault or even mentioned? Not at all. If that’d been Kean or Coyle or Lambert or Bowyer and said managers would have had both barrels. As would Allardyce.

His halo has slipped in recent weeks, but he’s still as Teflon as any manager we’ve ever had.

If the tactics were pilloried then the penny will drop eventually. I've seen quite a few posts on here, twitter, LT etc that start with 'I've been a big supporter of Mowbray until now but he has to go'. 

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he fans think. Venkys will decide. 

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If the tactics were pilloried then the penny will drop eventually. I've seen quite a few posts on here, twitter, LT etc that start with 'I've been a big supporter of Mowbray until now but he has to go'. 

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he fans think. Venkys will decide. 

I would say they are very ‘soft’ critics, win against Barnsley and half of those on Twitter/LT will be giving it the usual ‘League 1! ‘Stable’ ‘who we gonna get?’ ‘Spoilt fans’.

But as you say, it’s all just noise and there’s nothing to suggest those in Pune or their representative on Planet Stability are in any way preparing to pull the trigger...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

blames it on the cold, we played the wrong game despite Mowbray being the manager 😭

TM sounds totally dejected but he has to own the issue. He signs the players and picks the team. It's up to him to organise and motivate them. If he can't he should quit or be shown the door

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say they are very ‘soft’ critics, win against Barnsley and half of those on Twitter/LT will be giving it the usual ‘League 1! ‘Stable’ ‘who we gonna get?’ ‘Spoilt fans’.

But as you say, it’s all just noise and there’s nothing to suggest those in Pune or their representative on Planet Stability are in any way preparing to pull the trigger...

Probably true, but I did sense a bit more anger than normal. I think if fans had been in the ground last night Mogga may have got quite a bit of stick. Over to Venkys... I doubt they care enough to act. 

If people weren’t angry at last night then apathy has already set in. I was well on the road to not caring but seeing another tactical abomination unfold in front of my eyes, followed by yet more of the usual post match verbal diarrhoea.

If Mowbray left tomorrow I could still just about be grateful for turning around coyles mess. But that sentiment is being eroded quickly. Very quickly. Hate is a word I reserve only for Kean and Venkys but I strongly dislike Mowbray as a person.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

An utterly bizarre interview. As I said last night I don't think he wants to be here the only thing keeping him here is his last big pay packet before retirement.

After listening to that I don’t think I have been as embarrassed, deflated and totally dejected after watching the Rovers in nearly 60 years.

He needs to go to save his own and everybody else’s sanity.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Probably true, but I did sense a bit more anger than normal. I think if fans had been in the ground last night Mogga may have got quite a bit of stick. Over to Venkys... I doubt they care enough to act. 

I can’t really believe they don’t care. Nobody puts in hundreds of millions to anything they don’t need to without at least being interesting.

Being so far away and not knowing very much about the football business, they have to rely on others. Since the day they arrived they made the wrong staffing decisions. After Williams and Finn only one CEO - or was it deputy CEO under no actual CEO (can’t remember his name - hunt?) stood up to them and was promptly sacked.
They don’t like being told they’re wrong, so nobody tells them they’re wrong.

• Like 3

That interview on BBC is abysmal even by Mowbray's standards. Moaning about being cold. Why didn't he stand up and have a stroll along the touchline then instead of slumping there on a sulk?

He doesn't give a stuff. Him and Waggott should be given the heave-ho immediately. Pair of chancers both.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

I was pissed by then, heard the commentator retort the question “is that Gallagher at right back”. Looked at the label of the wine, looked at the pitch utter disbelief 

Join the club mate. 

The Mrs had enough of me yesterday. “Why do you fucking watch them if all you do is moan?”

She doesn’t get it. Never will. Doesn’t understand why it annoys me that our £5m striker played right back.

After yesterday Mowbray needs to go. It was pathetic. The commentator claimed it was a masterclass by Neil stopping us playing but that was shite. Mowbray stopped us playing; one of our best ball player on the bench, Davenport in midfield when we needed more creativity, Gally and Armstrong on the wings and Dack up front. What the fuck? It didn’t make sense. 

What irked me the most was, when he played Gally rb, it was actually his best 5 minutes on the pitch and then he subs him for a centre half. Couldn’t believe it. 

• Like 4