Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry Paul, but it really has bewildered me that running Blackburn Rovers sensibly has been made to look as arduous as sewing in sparring mitts, but that is how it has been presented throughout th

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing or coaching side - who doesn't nor

The trouble is, this is a well-trodden route in the Copybook of Tony Mowbray. A week back, prior to Cardiff and following the utterly woeful and woebegone showings against Wigan and Barnsley, we neede

Posted Images

I am a TM fan, but he said a long time ago he would step aside when he thought he wasn’t getting through to the players. He isn’t getting through to them right now.

Someone said in the match thread that his biggest problem is this new 5 subs rule. He doesn’t know who to play where in the first 11, nevermind having so many options to tinker during the match.

He won’t leave and he won’t be sacked, at least not till end of season.

The 4-5-1 false nine crap needs to get permanently selved. The signing of Harwood-Bellis was bizarre. I do think he could try the wingback system that I have wanted to see every since Sheff Utd came here and destroyed us with it a few years back. It would allow us to play all three 3 Centre backs and Breo and Armstrong up front.
 

Edited by Fraserkirky
Link to post
Share on other sites

Waggot would just present the stats to the owners telling them everything is going well we just aren't quite there yet. The stats will back it up even though they don't tell the true picture. Then they'll get told of the increasing squad value ( which is all that seems to matter ). Then the line about being still only 7 points off the play offs with all to play for.

No chance of any removal after all that even if it was considered. We all know it's more likely life will be found on Mars before May than us bridging the gap.

They don't though and i reckon they love being sold a positive delusional story more than anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely think Venkys are quite happy lolloping about at this level indefinitely as long as it doesn't cause them any aggravation. The £10-20 million a year thing seems to be quite manageable at their end and of greater importance is having a nice bloke telling them things they want to hear rather than someone they might not take a shine to telling them things they don't want to hear.

He ticks every box for them except the one that really matters for a football manager. He's diplomatic, a politician, a spokesman, will work with what they give him and plod around indefinitely. He'll also ensure a string of wins from time to time to keep us clear of trouble with a squad good enough to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I genuinely think Venkys are quite happy lolloping about at this level indefinitely as long as it doesn't cause them any aggravation. The £10-20 million a year thing seems to be quite manageable at their end and of greater importance is having a nice bloke telling them things they want to hear rather than someone they might not take a shine to telling them things they don't want to hear.

He ticks every box for them except the one that really matters for a football manager. He's diplomatic, a politician, a spokesman, will work with what they give him and plod around indefinitely. He'll also ensure a string of wins from time to time to keep us clear of trouble with a squad good enough to do it.

For now. It's quickly gone South at all of his other clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, booth said:

For now. It's quickly gone South at all of his other clubs.

For now. Until the budgets are cut and sales begin. Like with Bowyer. Then it might be a slippery slope especially if Venkys lose faith in his project but stop short of potting him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even think it’s a conspiracy theory that Mowbray might have compromised control of the team sheet for the January reinforcements (if that’s the right word).

Extra money has to be requested from India to pay for the young loanees (Elliott included.) We know Balaji gets star-struck with his failed film ventures.

TM: ”We are really close to getting in the playoffs, these top quality kids will push us there”

BR: “I can get players from City, Liverpool and Everton playing in my team?”

TM: “Yep, they are all top kids, all going to play for England.”

BR: “OK, money sent. They’ll be on the pitch every game though, right? Because that’s why you’re asking for them.”

TM: “Of course!”

I actually think that’s the most likely way it happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t even think it’s a conspiracy theory that Mowbray might have compromised control of the team sheet for the January reinforcements (if that’s the right word).

Extra money has to be requested from India to pay for the young loanees (Elliott included.) We know Balaji gets star-struck with his failed film ventures.

TM: ”We are really close to getting in the playoffs, these top quality kids will push us there”

BR: “I can get players from City, Liverpool and Everton playing in my team?”

TM: “Yep, they are all top kids, all going to play for England.”

BR: “OK, money sent. They’ll be on the pitch every game though, right? Because that’s why you’re asking for them.”

TM: “Of course!”

I actually think that’s the most likely way it happened.

I think it could be along these type of lines as you've alluded to.

Maybe said what he wants then told the recruitment team must bring them in not hi or his pals. Then told if you want them and we are paying then you must use them, ditto with the likes of Gallagher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah but he ain’t. It’s Venkys. Fucking Venkys.

Kean, Berg, Appleton, Tosser Lambert and Fucking Owen Coyle Venkys.

You have to V with the Venky you’ve got.

If Venkys are a given and won’t sell then we are stuck with them. Everything is relative to that premise.

If Mowbray isn’t doing the necessary on the pitch he has to be replaced. The necessary is promotion, and as a minimum the play-offs. This season.

If every decision about the manager circles around to Venkys then we may as well pack in (or at least pack in messageboards) until they are gone. Because nothing matters. Not results, not performances, not pride in a local derby. We can’t even expect to watch eleven players busting a gut to win a game of football - because the manager isn’t accountable for any of that normal football stuff.

We either continue to demand better or find something else to do. We are watching the slow death of a football club and the only people benefitting are the ones with the power to do something about it.

Twist. Now. While we are still in with a shout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You have to V with the Venky you’ve got.

If Venkys are a given and won’t sell then we are stuck with them. Everything is relative to that premise.

If Mowbray isn’t doing the necessary on the pitch he has to be replaced. The necessary is promotion, and as a minimum the play-offs. This season.

If every decision about the manager circles around to Venkys then we may as well pack in (or at least pack in messageboards) until they are gone. Because nothing matters. Not results, not performances, not pride in a local derby. We can’t even expect to watch eleven players busting a gut to win a game of football - because the manager isn’t accountable for any of that normal football stuff.

We either continue to demand better or find something else to do. We are watching the slow death of a football club and the only people benefitting are the ones with the power to do something about it.

Twist. Now. While we are still in with a shout.

COME ON STUART, YOU KNOW IT'S WORTH THE EFFORT!!!

Keep the faith pal.

WE ARE The Rovers!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t even think it’s a conspiracy theory that Mowbray might have compromised control of the team sheet for the January reinforcements (if that’s the right word).

Extra money has to be requested from India to pay for the young loanees (Elliott included.) We know Balaji gets star-struck with his failed film ventures.

TM: ”We are really close to getting in the playoffs, these top quality kids will push us there”

BR: “I can get players from City, Liverpool and Everton playing in my team?”

TM: “Yep, they are all top kids, all going to play for England.”

BR: “OK, money sent. They’ll be on the pitch every game though, right? Because that’s why you’re asking for them.”

TM: “Of course!”

I actually think that’s the most likely way it happened.

I'm sure John that Mowbray would have dropped Pep, Carlo and Jurgen into the conversation. Balaji would have been orgasmic with that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm sure John that Mowbray would have dropped Pep, Carlo and Jurgen into the conversation. Balaji would have been orgasmic with that.

 

👌👊 5 knuckle shuffle Tony, defo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm sure John that Mowbray would have dropped Pep, Carlo and Jurgen into the conversation. Balaji would have been orgasmic with that.

 

No doubt Tony. We’ll be seeing all three on the pitch for every game no matter what. I also think it entirely likely that, having asked for and got the money for a recruitment dept., he’s been told they are making the decisions now. In any normal business when someone asks for money to spend on an asset, they don’t get the choice of not using it. The point being that all their chicken businesses are normal businesses and that’s how they run things.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t listen to many Mowbray interviews, as they usually all follow the same ‘point(s) in the bag move on’ (or no points, move on) routine with no discernible change in tone - but that Radio Lancs interview was something else; a bloke kind of knowing his race was run, struggling to get a tune out of his players and pretty much asking to be put out of his misery.

And he would be at normal clubs, but here we just stagger on, which leads to this total confusion and malaise you witness on and off the pitch on a match day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering he is the most decent, honest and honourable man in the game though surely he could just walk away like he did at Coventry?

I think we all.know why that won't happen though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

but that Radio Lancs interview was something else; bloke kind of knowing his race was run, struggling to get a tune out of his players and pretty much asking to be put out of his misery.

I heard it totally differently. To me It was the tone of a man who thought 'how dare these plebs question me'. There were a few snotty answers. 

And this isn't the interview of a man under pressure or on the verge of quitting. It's not his fault, it never will be, it's injuries, inconsistencies blah blah blah

Mowbray outlines the one thing holding Rovers back | Lancashire Telegraph

“We have seven players injured, but that’s irrelevant really, the team is the team, they all know how we play and there’s no excuse when they don’t perform at the level that’s expected.

So it's not Tony's (we) fault, it's the team (they). 

 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I heard it totally differently. To me It was the tone of a man who thought 'how dare these plebs question me'. There were a few snotty answers. 

And this isn't the interview of a man under pressure or on the verge of quitting. It's not his fault, it never will be, it's injuries, inconsiste ncies blah blah blah

Mowbray outlines the one thing holding Rovers back | Lancashire Telegraph

“We have seven players injured, but that’s irrelevant really, the team is the team, they all know how we play and there’s no excuse when they don’t perform at the level that’s expected.

So it's not Tony's (we) fault, it's the team (they). 

 

Swap the word "outlines", for the word, "is", and you have a more factual headline.

Edited by rigger
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.