BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Surely we couldn’t afford the additional salary required. 

Additional salary for what? Mowbray becomes 'Sporting Director' or 'General Manager', Venus becomes 'Head Coach' with Lowe/Johnson as his assistants. Carry on as you were with a new 'project' but at same cost and same faces just with different titles.

That will keep the heat off for another 12 months or so. They just love a shuffle and a few new job titles without actually changing anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Could this be the death spiral to end all death spirals, and with it, Mowbray's time at Rovers? 

Based on past results, unless we look to be in actual danger of going down, you'd have to say unlikely.

The only straw I'm clutching desperately on to is that occasionally Venky's act out of the blue when you least expect it.

In this instance I'm hoping it means Mowbray getting a long overdue bullet rather than him getting a new long term deal.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Based on past results, unless we look to be in actual danger of going down, you'd have to say unlikely.

The only straw I'm clutching desperately on to is that occasionally Venky's act out of the blue when you least expect it.

In this instance I'm hoping it means Mowbray getting a long overdue bullet rather than him getting a new long term deal.

Yes, highly unlikely he's going anywhere. A cursory look at the table - which is exactly the adjective I'd use to describe the way Venkys will look at us - sees we are still in with a chance of the play offs so why would they act now, especially given how much he's crawled into Madames anus? Anyone that has paid any attention at all in the last four years however, knows full well we're never getting in the play offs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Yes, highly unlikely he's going anywhere. A cursory look at the table 

You don't need to look at the table, it's always the same. That's the way we go here...we've finished the last 2.seaons like that, throughout the season it's like that. Win column is always the same as the lost column.  Check out random tables from the last couple of seasons, I'm telling you.  

He's taking the piss is Mowbray.

• Like 7

It's quite amusing.

Relative of mine who told me he thought Neil would be appointed Rovers' manager before end of Jan. is even more convinced that it will happen sooner rather than later - PNE's win on Friday demonstrating Neil can get results quickly (no slow build or evolution for him) despite wholesale changes.  

He does have good PNE connections and is employed in what is deemed to be a profession of sobriety!  He doesn't bullsh1t and when he speaks I tend to listen!

Whilst Neil wouldn't be my choice, I think he's miles ahead of Mowbray.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You don't need to look at the table, it's always the same. That's the way we go here...we've finished the last 2.seaons like that, throughout the season it's like that. Win column is always the same as the lost column.  Check out random tables from the last couple of seasons, I'm telling you.  

He's taking the piss is Mowbray.

I know this, you know this, anyone who cares about Rovers knows this. Do Venkys? 

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's quite amusing.

Relative of mine who told me he thought Neil would be appointed Rovers' manager before end of Jan. is even more convinced that it will happen sooner rather than later - PNE's win on Friday demonstrating Neil can get results quickly (no slow build or evolution for him) despite wholesale changes.  

He does have good PNE connections and is employed in what is deemed to be a profession of sobriety!  He doesn't bullsh1t and when he speaks I tend to listen!

So they reckon Rovers are going to bring him in as manager? Do they have substance for that thought? Or is tmit what he thinks?

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's quite amusing.

You were convince it would happen in January even the owners back Mowbray with 3 signings and we pick up 10 points from 4 games in that month. 

Now you move the goalposts and said sooner rather than later? 

Suggest you look at Nixon comment to a question about Mowbray's future over the weekend

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Suggest you look at Nixon comment to a question about Mowbray's future over the weekend

Whilst I agree TM is as safe as houses when we are using Nixon as a reliable source we've got issues. Stopped watch seems to be the best phrase to sum up that hack. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You were convince it would happen in January even the owners back Mowbray with 3 signings and we pick up 10 points from 4 games in that month. 

Now you move the goalposts and said sooner rather than later? 

Nixon knows nowt, why would we look at his comments?