BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

It's not hope. I expect Venkys to want to spend the money, because that's what any other club with ambition would do. Were it my choice, it is one I would make.

Because we are fans we would all make that decision as would i but they are not looking to invest more it has been said over and over again. they want the self sufficient model.

Just now, roverstdt said:

I believe our budget is not competitive to our target 

Well that's bullshit.  He could have bought Whiteman for 1.7 + add ons and sorted the base of the midfield.   Instead he spent the same if not more on his mates keeper kid, Old man Stu, Tommy Trybull and a couple of other clubs kids.  Just shyte management and he needs to go.  

You can troll off too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Since when was our goal top 6? This season even Waggott Mention expectation was top 10. Had he failed all target he would have been sacked as all manager under performing. To be honest Mowbray is steady Eddy he will not over deliver just about get to where owners set the goal. Just because you hope for top 6 doesn't mean the goal is top 6

Mowbray and the players constantly mention the top 6, weekly. In fact, that was last seasons target too, although it seems to be a target they have more belief in this season. After the Millwall game last season, our captain tweeted to apologise for failure to meet the target.

Im not sure when Waggott mentioned the top 10 although thats a pointless target anyway. 

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

I believe our budget is not competitive to our target 

Its not just about budget, as ive touched on. Time, money, wage bill, pressure to sell, net spend, all factors. Its not as black and white as you or others make out but even if it was, then we would need to overachieve, and if Mowbray cant, then the hope would be that we got someone who could.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Well that's bullshit.  He could have bought Whiteman for 1.7 + add ons and sorted the base of the midfield.   Instead he spent the same if not more on his mates keeper kid, Old man Stu, Tommy Trybull and a couple of other clubs kids.  Just shyte management and he needs to go.  

You can troll off too.

Why is it having a different opinion being a troll? Have i insulted anyone? No so your personal attack just means you need to grow up. One can debate and argue that is the purpose of a forum. It isn't to push people into agreeing with you and throwing names. Cut off the Cancel Culture rubbish of extreme opinions. Ridiculous.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray and the players constantly mention the top 6, weekly. In fact, that was last seasons target too, although it seems to be a target they have more belief in this season. After the Millwall game last season, our captain tweeted to apologise for failure to meet the target.

Im not sure when Waggott mentioned the top 10 although thats a pointless target anyway. 

Its not just about budget, as ive touched on. Time, money, wage bill, pressure to sell, net spend, all factors. Its not as black and white as you or others make out but even if it was, then we would need to overachieve, and if Mowbray cant, then the hope would be that we got someone who could.

I agree with you but would you trust the owners, the CEO to bring someone who could?

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Since when was our goal top 6? This season even Waggott Mention expectation was top 10. Had he failed all target he would have been sacked as all manager under performing. To be honest Mowbray is steady Eddy he will not over deliver just about get to where owners set the goal. Just because you hope for top 6 doesn't mean the goal is top 6

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18818620.mowbray-says-expectation-will-top-six-finish-rovers/

“The expectation is high and that’s only right, let’s make sure that everyone expects Blackburn Rovers to be around the top six.“

• Like 5

Mowbray’s recent interviews should be hugely concerning to any member of the board or the owners. He sounds like he has lost the plot.

His latest comments about Nyambe are dreadful. The worst example in a long line of very shoddy treatment he has dished out to him. We discussed this massively on our Saturday show on Rovers Radio. It’ll be touched on again tomorrow... but we recorded before this interview went to press.

Also gonna be discussing the HSH link, looking at possible replacements, being generally pissed off, and bemoaning the fact that we don’t actually think he is under any pressure. Oh, and the show kicks off, rather appropriately with “Go Now” by Moody Blues.

Limbo.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Manner of the defeats is that we have barely been able to field our strongest side since the beginning 

Big money transfered failed and i agree, but he has spent wisely for the most part 🙂

He hasn't spent wisely for the most part because most of the money he has spent has gone on two players that have been a bit of a disaster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Mowbray mentioned the goal was top 6 at the beginning of the season, so has Waggott, so have half the players. I'm amazed you missed it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Mowbray’s recent interviews should be hugely concerning to any member of the board or the owners. He sounds like he has lost the plot.

His latest comments about Nyambe are dreadful. The worst example in a long line of very shoddy treatment he has dished out to him. We discussed this massively on our Saturday show on Rovers Radio. It’ll be touched on again tomorrow... but we recorded before this interview went to press.

Also gonna be discussing the HSH link, looking at possible replacements, being generally pissed off, and bemoaning the fact that we don’t actually think he is under any pressure. Oh, and the show kicks off, rather appropriately with “Go Now” by Moody Blues.

Limbo.

HSH? 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

“I think we’re really only 28 games into this journey, not four years”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

He sounds deluded, desperate, clueless, and totally out of touch with reality. It's embarrassing to have someone with that level of football intellect at our club. We're at the start of what I think will be the longest death spiral of his tenure, I just hope someone who can make decisions wakes up and does the decent thing and puts him out of his misery. 

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The LT article this morning is absolutely flabbergasting. Is he REALLY suggesting that we’re only 28 games into this ‘Journey’....fuck me, I’ve heard it all now! 🙈

Well done, good to see you are getting it. (I tried to write that without being condescending so sorry if that's how it reads)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

Phew, only 28 games in! I was getting worried for a few years there.

Right, so now he claims we are only just building our "identity" and the last few seasons were just to consolidate our position.

This is literally, the slowest build ever.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of identity we are trying to build now? We have very little shape, organisation and the players often look like they just met in the car park before kick off.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The LT article this morning is absolutely flabbergasting. Is he REALLY suggesting that we’re only 28 games into this ‘Journey’....fuck me, I’ve heard it all now! 🙈

Tony chatting BIG shit a la Trump.

HUGE SHIT.

"4 more years !"

He must need another 4 years pension contributions to get him to retirement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s on the wind up with the fans I’m convinced he’s trolling us now. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Also gonna be discussing the HSH link, looking at possible replacements

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The agency that represents Mowbray... and Coyle... and Lambert... and Bowyer... and is made up of 2 ex SEM directors.

Will your possible replacements being from HSH agency or own personal choice? 

Also what time is the show being broadcast live? I will give it a listen? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will your possible replacements being from HSH agency or own personal choice? 

Also what time is the show being broadcast live? I will give it a listen? 

We talk about people currently with HSH. To be honest we haven’t spent a great deal of time discussing our preferred replacements because I don’t believe Mowbray is under any pressure from Venky’s and won’t be going anywhere soon.

On air from 6pm - 7pm

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

also worth noting we recorded yesterday afternoon before his latest interviews. There’d be some talking points with this latest nonsense.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That his most ridiculous to date

48 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well done, good to see you are getting it. (I tried to write that without being condescending so sorry if that's how it reads)

It reads very condescending but thanks for explaining it isn’t.

Mate, I’ve kept my powder dry for many months but WOW!! He can’t just write off 3yrs to make it fit his rhetoric like that...surely the powers that be feel the same!?