BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Please just get rid of him now. I have a lot of respect for you Tony but that will soon change if you carry on talking utter nonsense in these interviews, as well as playing £5m strikers at full back of course... I honestly think he’s losing the plot, put him out of his clear misery and sack him! I appreciate everything he’s done here, he’s a top bloke and a football man but it’s TIME TO GO! 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

“I think we’re really only 28 games into this journey, not four years”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

‘We’re really only 28 games into this journey’ must be the new ‘judge me after 3 transfer windows’ (or however many it was).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

It will be interesting to see how that old hoofball dinosaur Mick McCarthy does from now until the end of the season. He appears to have quickly found an 'identity' which allows him to win games. Im amazed he's done it in 4 weeks when it takes 'progressive' managers 4 years.

And that bloody Warnock is still doing well with his 1 year journey plan. Dinosaur. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It will be interesting to see how that old hoofball dinosaur Mick McCarthy does from now until the end of the season. He appears to have quickly found an 'identity' which allows him to win games. Im amazed he's done it in 4 weeks when it takes 'progressive' managers 4 years.

And that bloody Warnock is still doing well with his 1 year journey plan. Dinosaur. 

Not to mention the Reading manager took over late August and has them almost challenging the automatics, the Barnsley manager took over in November and has transformed them from survivalists to play-off chasers.

This mornings article is absolute job saving waffle.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The LT article this morning is absolutely flabbergasting. Is he REALLY suggesting that we’re only 28 games into this ‘Journey’....fuck me, I’ve heard it all now! 🙈

Well said!

That article took what little remained of the wind in my sails leaving despair, helplessness and hopelessness.

This prick Mowbray needs to fucking well FUCK OFF, and get some mental health aid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The blokes taking the piss now. He's droned on and on about the journey for years and now looks up and says we are only 28 games into it. The sooner this bloke is gone the better. I thought he was untouchable but he is sounding more and more like a man who is under a fair bit of pressure.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I can't believe he has said that with a straight face. It reads to me like a plea to India. 'Don't sack me now, the journey has only just begun'. When we fail to reach the play offs this season it will be 'we are only a season into our journey to be honest, we've had to learn some harsh lessons, injuries haven't helped us, but we will be going all out for promotion next season'. For how long can a manager use the term 'journey' as an excuse for mediocrity? There has to come a point when those in Pune recognise this for what it is, surely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Manager is turning into a joke

An embarrassing joke.

He would be gone at any other club in the known universe.

He can only get away with this drivel in the absence of a crowd at Ewood. He would not be 'brave' enough to be so arrogant and stupid  and insulting to us where he could be held accountable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I believe our budget is not competitive to our target 

You do realize that Brentfords budget is lower than ours, also they have to develop and sell one star per year to cover their losses each season.

So why are they able to be top so far this season and have been able to mount multiple top 6 campaigns?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you seriously can`t keep defending him,if he`s spent so wisely then why can he not get the best out of his wisely signed players,i guarantee a decent manager would have us in the play offs with the current personel

It’s not even the fact he hasn’t got us into the play offs although I agree a better manager probably would. It’s a tough league and we arnt entitled to think we should be there. I just want a manager that doesn’t bore me to death twice a week. We have very good attacking players, young lads with energy and flair and I honestly can’t be arsed watching the game as my mind wanders off because the whole thing is just so dull and predictable 

• Like 2

That (and many other) interviews are an insult to each and every Rovers fan whether they back him or not. In my view he is in the life raft not and it's sprung a leak. He's desperately trying to bale the life raft out now. The interview, in my book is inflammatory and it's the 'I know better than you' tone which really grates with me. He has become condescending towards us and the club in general and is coming across as disrespectful.

That said I still don't believe there is a chance he will be sacked by anybody. His much vaunted ethics and virtues should be the defining aspects in his future but after the last few weeks I'm beginning to think all this 'good human being' stuff is a charade to feed to the media.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Im sure TMs playing to get sacked and contract payed up🙄 ..

I think the opposite.

It's a message for Pune and the remaining Mowbray followers amongst our fans.

I wonder who came up with this latest part of this scam.

Mowbray himself? Venus? Waggott? Cheston? or maybe a think tank.

I'm staying well away from FaceBook

It may well work, you can fool some of the fans all of the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The agency that represents Mowbray... and Coyle... and Lambert... and Bowyer... and is made up of 2 ex SEM directors.

Then you hear Nixon say 'well protected'....

Wonder if Waggot has any connection to this lot as well ?

• Like 3

Amazing that the owners fall for such thinly veiled arse covering. Presumably they’ve signed off on the Cat 1 academy, the non-sales of playing staff, the PL loans, the BB/SG style signings over the years because that’s how they’ve been sold ‘the build’/‘the journey’.

Now they are being told that we are still at square 1, but no recriminations, they’ll in all likelihood tell him to crack on for his fifth full season when they next have their Pune get together. Forget hitting targets, forget tangible improvement on the pitch/in results.

And folk think managers wouldn’t want to come here?! It’s a dream gig as Championship jobs go.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4