BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Where has all the waste gone, since he has come our Squad value is worth more today than when he came. Which means there is more assets and therefore brought in more cash into the team from the purchases he has made.

I'm not sure where you've been for the past two years but there's well over £12m of signings and our defense is still a shambles and we still rely on one man for goals.

If that's not a waste I don't know what is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Then you hear Nixon say 'well protected'....

Wonder if Waggot has any connection to this lot as well ?

This has been posted before but perhaps now is an opportune time to remind everybody about Waggotts past. He dipped his toe in the water as an agent and will undoubtedly have an extensive contact list as a result of dealing with them.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/andy-cole-paul-elliott.140578/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

“I think we’re really only 28 games into this journey, not four years”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

Even without this comment which is horrific it's a bad article. The comment shows he has written off a period of time more than most if not all managers get and is totally out of touch with reality - a dew on the grass moment?

But even excluding this utter departure from reality it's bad. His list of excuses for inconsistency is terrible - the pitch injuries, Covid. Anything but him really. In fact I have never seen an article with so many excuses in it. 

TM souring his reputation by the day. Really think he has lost the plot completely. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This has been posted before but perhaps now is an opportune time to remind everybody about Waggotts past. He dipped his toe in the water as an agent and will undoubtedly have an extensive contact list as a result of dealing with them.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/andy-cole-paul-elliott.140578/

There's an element of chancer to most of them i think, football is driven by money and greed.

Now throw in Venkys have never recruited from the quality sections of the football hypermarket. Their appointments of all managers and so called board members have all been via certain links or had flaws meaning they were out of work. You have to be a tad desperate and prepared to work a certain way to get a call from them that's obvious.

In return they'll ignore your lack of pedigree etc.

The billion dollar question will always be why ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I haven't posted on here for nearly 2 years but some of the delusional comments on Lancashire telegraph on his 28 game 'journey' tripe, really has my blood boiling. Are some people really that gullible? 

There are some aspects that do ring true - but it really just comes across as excuses from a manager under pressure.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 1

As mentioned elsewhere, absolutely crazy to imply that numerous years dont count towards his journey. He mentions dependence on Dack and in particular Graham, last season the former got injured and the latter started 14 times, a few right at the end. Also and crucially, there is no signs that there is any consistency, clarity or progress on this "possession based journey," if anything we seem to be getting worse and worse.

10 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I agree with you but would you trust the owners, the CEO to bring someone who could?

If that is prime reasoning, then you are accepting that Mowbray doesnt deserve to carry on.

But it isnt a valid defence for me, and I hate Venkys and distrust them as much as anyone. Such a mentality of living in fear and thus accepting mediocrity is at best just kicking the problem a year or two down the line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Have you read the LT comments? There's still a silly few who hang on his every word. 

Plenty on Facebook who can't wait to jump on anyone who politely think Mowbray has done his best and time to move on. Some overseas and young adults who think they can abuse people who have been going to Ewood for 40-50 years.

• Like 3

He spent 12 million pounds to cover for the eventual DG departure and probable Dack one. He said as much himself a couple of years ago, he's failed badly there, we are still faffing about with the full back positions and plugging holes in the center of defense !

The absolute only real positive thing he's got right recently is the keeper. Credited his recruitment team with that one, if it that hadn't worked out we'd probably be looking at Pears as his number 1.

Rest of the team is still just mix and match constantly the same as it has been since it became clear the lge 1 promotion side wouldn't prosper in this div. If i thought for one min he was close to dropping on something good and sticking to it i'd cut him some slack.

All i see is another 2 or 3 years like that last, not a disaster but not going anywhere. Unfortunately the departures WILL start at some point then it's a whole new ball game again. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

More absolute nonsense, it really feels we are in the last knockings of his reign here and he’s going on the defensive.

I’ve no doubt though we’ll scrape a lucky win tonight and Twitter will resume with the ‘where’s the Mowbray out mob now?’  BAU

• Like 3

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes one of the first names on the team sheet regardless simply because we dont have another competent right back at the club and never have in Mowbrays side. Some of the players he has stuck there recently beggars belief. Hes also a huge prospect seemingly wherever he goes and the contract situation is piss poor. But he has been poor lately.

Yes the lack of right back to challenge Nyambe has been a problem we have been raise on here a number of times. 

Nyambe is huge prospect? he is 23 years old now. Surely he is too old to be prospect. 

We don't know what the contract problem has been between the club and Nyambe?  

12 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Nyambe is probably the best defensive prospect that we have at the club.  He ought to be our right-back for the next 5 or 6 years or more.  He has all the attributes needed for that position but, sadly, I suspect he will be allowed to drift away from the club.  

Nyambe isn't a prospect anymore, he is 23 years old now. I ain't his biggest fan of Nyambe over the past of seasons. His defensive game isn't good enough still. Why this haven't improve over the last 2 seasons I don't know. I think we need a new right back

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We talk about people currently with HSH. To be honest we haven’t spent a great deal of time discussing our preferred replacements because I don’t believe Mowbray is under any pressure from Venky’s and won’t be going anywhere soon.

On air from 6pm - 7pm

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

also worth noting we recorded yesterday afternoon before his latest interviews. There’d be some talking points with this latest nonsense.

Thanks Miller11. I don't know if he is under pressure from the Owners for sure but his comments today, suggest he is under pressure from someone. 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He also claims in that article that he doesn't study other teams.

I do believe that.

This is so like a re-run of what he and his mates got up to at Coventry where he did a runner a couple of days before the axe.

So if he doesn't study other teams why did he play Armstrong against Dickie in wide forward role with Elliott as false 9 role against QPR? 

52 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Anyone else want a Bilic or Jokanovic type, Eastern European hard nut who won't take anything less than 110% 

Bilic has just gone to China and Jokanovic is managing in the middle East where they both be on massive money contracts. 

I think a younger British manager would be the way to go if we need a replacement

10 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I agree with you but would you trust the owners, the CEO to bring someone who could?

If we want a new manager/head coach would Cheston be in charge of bring in the new person or would that do by other none Rovers related people like an agent or Pasha?

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the lack of right back to challenge Nyambe has been a problem we have been raise on here a number of times. 

Nyambe is huge prospect? he is 23 years old now. Surely he is too old to be prospect. 

We don't know what the contract problem has been between the club and Nyambe?  

Nyambe isn't a prospect anymore, he is 23 years old now. I ain't his biggest fan of Nyambe over the past of seasons. His defensive game isn't good enough still. Why this haven't improve over the last 2 seasons I don't know. I think we need a new right back

You are right we do need a new right back.

Because a bloody good championship one is about to leave for nothing!

Plus players can keep improving after 23, even if he didn’t he’s far far from a weak link

I remember your criticism of him previously is he is good defensively but not in an attacking sense, now he’s not good enough at the back

Edited by Tom
  • Like 9

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm a bit behind. Did he really say he didn't believe in formations?

Yes on sky sports pre game on Friday, words where akin to ‘I’m not big on formations’

• Like 1

Aside from anything else, even if we buy his change fairytale, it's a lie. Graham hardly played last season, Dack was out for half of it so we never really played the Dack-Graham combo last season at all. 

Incidentally it's managerial genius to use both the presence and absence of Dack as excuses at the same time. 

Get rid. No integrity. No progress. No clue. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's the best defender at the club by a mile. The only reason that you aren't a big fan is because your dear leader regularly uses him as a scapegoat and you know that he isn't going to sign a new contract, so when he goes for a pittance of what he is worth you can continue to defend the dear leader. 

• Like 8

• Backroom

Remember a bit before Bowyer left his demeanour changed, talked of fans coming out from under their rocks, Big Sam referred to himself as an expert in face of criticism.

Mowbray is changing his tone. I wonder if he finally feels under pressure?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Remember a bit before Bowyer left his demeanour changed, talked of fans coming out from under their rocks, Big Sam referred to himself as an expert in face of criticism.

Mowbray is changing his tone. I wonder if he finally feels under pressure?

Hope he feels a lot of pressure and leaves our great club. I just don't like him anymore think he's tarnishing his rep and he's becoming poison to the club.

Get him out of here asap.

Hopefully if we do lose tonight he's gone.

• Like 1