BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The question was from Ewood Ace who asked me to name 6 better right backs than Nyambe. I did

Yes, you named 6 right back you believe are better than Nyambe. You misunderstood the question. There was a qualifier attached to restrict the names to those that we could afford to bring in on our current budget. I think you would push the financial boat a little further to bring in one of the 6 you named. Nyambe would have real competition in a football sense.

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Mowbray is doing to Nyambe exactly what he did to Raya.  I suspect Nyambe is totally fed up with the way he has been treated and has indicated that the new contract will be left unsigned - hence Mowbray now scapegoating him.

I've supported Mowbray throughout his time at the club but, rather like Bob Saxton who did a similar job in the 1980s, there comes a point when you reach the end of the road at any club.  I believe he's done a decent job but is not going to take us any further and my worry is that we become a nursery club for Premier League clubs.  

I agree with you.

This constant moving the goalposts is disingenuous to say the least. I personally wouldn’t have told the fans to ‘judge me after 3 windows’ nor would I have targeted the playoffs this season but having done so, he can’t simply ignore that he’s had 7 or 8 windows and then wipe out 3yrs claiming here “28 games into a journey”

Fuck off Tony mate! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree with you.

This constant moving the goalposts is disingenuous to say the least. I personally wouldn’t have told the fans to ‘judge me after 3 windows’ nor would I have targeted the playoffs this season but having done so, he can’t simply ignore that he’s had 7 or 8 windows and then wipe out 3yrs claiming here “28 games into a journey”

Fuck off Tony mate! 

People in child protection will recognise this as  "Start again syndrome"....i.e. please don't consider any previous patterns/evidence that I am a risk to my own children, not be up to the job of meeting their needs, providing a safe environment etc...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Mowbray is doing to Nyambe exactly what he did to Raya.  I suspect Nyambe is totally fed up with the way he has been treated and has indicated that the new contract will be left unsigned - hence Mowbray now scapegoating him.

I've supported Mowbray throughout his time at the club but, rather like Bob Saxton who did a similar job in the 1980s, there comes a point when you reach the end of the road at any club.  I believe he's done a decent job but is not going to take us any further and my worry is that we become a nursery club for Premier League clubs.  

Raya was liability when here and getting rid of him and finally getting Kaminski was correct decision for our club. 

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well if you want to be pedantic. He is a very capable Championship full back with plenty of time to improve further. He has been our only capable right back through Mowbrays tenure here and he should play every single minute that he possibly can.

You are the pedantic once again. 

You serious think Nyambe aged 23 years old and appeared in 133 games is still prospect? So that would Travis and Davenport still prospects then? 

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So overall who do you think is our best defender?

Lenihan then Ayala then Wharton

8 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Yes, you named 6 right back you believe are better than Nyambe. You misunderstood the question. There was a qualifier attached to restrict the names to those that we could afford to bring in on our current budget. I think you would push the financial boat a little further to bring in one of the 6 you named. Nyambe would have real competition in a football sense.

Richard, I was asked to named six better right backs in this league. That's was the question. So you misunderstood the question. 

I named 3 other right backs I would target this summer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan has been terrible this season and Ayala has had one good game since signing. Your desire to share the same views as Mowbray on everything is making you look silly.

You went all the way back to Newcastle 5 months ago to find a goal that Nyambe was at fault for. For Lenihan you only need to go back a matter of days to Preston's first goal where his headed clearance is poor and then if you go back just a few days more days to QPR he again failed to clear his lines with another poor header.  I could go on with a few more mistakes leading to goals before we get back to 5 months ago when Nyambe made a mistake that led to one.

As for Ayala the last time Ayala stepped on a pitch for Rovers resulted some comedic defending from him and Douglas to help Sheff Weds open the scoring.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya was liability when here and getting rid of him and finally getting Kaminski was correct decision for our club. 

You serious think Nyambe aged 23 years old and appeared in 133 games is still prospect? So that would Travis and Davenport still prospects then? 

Chaddy - it’s interesting you are so affronted by fans referring to Nyambe as a prospect because he is 23.  You don’t seem to mind Mowbray referring to him and players of a similar age as young boys and babies.

What you are saying about Raya is complete revisionism. You might get away with it in a decade or so, but not while the stench of Christian Walton still lingers.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Lenihan has been terrible this season and Ayala has had one good game since signing. Your desire to share the same views as Mowbray on everything is making you look silly.

You went all the way back to Newcastle 5 months ago to find a goal that Nyambe was at fault for. For Lenihan you only need to go back a matter of days to Preston's first goal where his headed clearance is poor and then if you go back just a few days more days to QPR he again failed to clear his lines with another poor header.  I could go on with a few more mistakes leading to goals before we get back to 5 months ago when Nyambe made a mistake that led to one.

As for Ayala the last time Ayala stepped on a pitch for Rovers resulted some comedic defending from him and Douglas to help them open the scoring.

Amen

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No we don't play with wingers. I haven't blame Nyambe for that goal but the goal at Newcastle this season was Nyambe failure to track Fraser run. 

So you don't rate Nyambe and based on an earlier post of yours, you are writing him off because he's 23 years old and gone past 'potential stage'. 

You blame Nyambe for a goal at Newcastle.

Question - how many goals and points has Mowbray cost us this season with IMO, his disorganised chaos, lack of game plan, poor substitutions and generally p1ss poor game management.  Surely, Mowbray is not good enough and has to go?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So you don't rate Nyambe and based on an earlier post of yours, you are writing him off because he's 23 years old and gone past 'potential stage'. 

You blame Nyambe for a goal at Newcastle.

Question - how many goals and points has Mowbray cost us this season with IMO, his disorganised chaos, lack of game plan, poor substitutions and generally p1ss poor game management.  Surely, Mowbray is not good enough and has to go?

And Lenihan and Douglas this season made 10 times as many errors that have ACTUALLY led to goals conceded.

I think Chaddy is on the wind up.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Richard, I was asked to named six better right backs in this league. That's was the question. So you misunderstood the question. 

I named 3 other right backs I would target this summer. 

Raya was not a liability. No, I don't regard Nyambe, Travis and Davenport as prospects. in need of further development, yes.

@parsonblue asked the question with qualifiers. To @Ewood Ace you named  Arrons, Connors, Byrne, Romeo and Brittains. That's 5 names, not six and you're double counting 3.

3 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Raya was not a liability. No, I don't regard Nyambe, Travis and Davenport as prospects. in need of further development, yes.

@parsonblue asked the question with qualifiers. To @Ewood Ace you named  Arrons, Connors, Byrne, Romeo and Brittains. That's 5 names, not six and you're double counting 3.

Hmmm. Raya did make some real, soul destroying mistakes at key times. Liability was certainly a word we used in our family at places like Griffin Park!

I think the key issue is whether we could have invested in coaching him better and ended up with a significant asset within a year or so...

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Of those names 3 of them aren't better than Nyambe either....

Nyambe is our best right back and would not be out of place in any other Championship team. Playing in other Championship teams who are coached to defend properly and in all likelihood would improve Ryan into a PL full back. At times he has been treated poorly by Mowbray, being called out in public by him when possibly he might have been at fault, without similar such treatment to other players, which has been bizarre. None more so than last Friday, when if our manager wishes to call out publicly his players, he should have been questioning how their left back/left wing back was given the freedom of our right hand side to advance from the half way line, unchecked by the player that might reasonably be expected to have been tracking him back. Likewise he might have looked at their second goal (scored yet again from another set piece we conceded from) and questioned the same player who failed to attack the ball allowing their player a relatively unchallenged header at the near post. Yet I fear not as it might be questioned as to what exactly he saw in the player who he signed for £5m and made him our top earning, non scoring, non trapping, non aerial threat, centre forward, whom he continually plays out of position.

So I have no hard feelings towards Ryan for not extending his contract, like Raya, who for four years can see that his career might be best served elsewhere.

Tiresome and pathetic enduring the ramblings on here of a specific poster who is unwilling to see TM's halo slip. 

Edited by Boz
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hmmm. Raya did make some real, soul destroying mistakes at key times. Liability was certainly a word we used in our family at places like Griffin Park!

I think the key issue is whether we could have invested in coaching him better and ended up with a significant asset within a year or so...

The reference to Raya was general, not specific. All goalkeepers have moments they'd rather forget caught forever on camera. Brentford's fans wont forget his howler that caused their team to concede the first goal against Fulham in last season's playoff final. Since he was the goalkeeper of the Championship last season, they may come to forgive him.

I think is to have better coaching. Nyambe did 1 on 1 with Lowe and benefitted. That should be a feature of all training sessions. It doesn't appear like that is happening.

29 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Some posts today around the use of Nyambe, the use of Gallagher, our soft underbelly, Mowbray's demeanour, his use of loans whilst downtalking their concept, his repetitive mistakes etc reminded me of a past post of mine.

Saddo I am, just to demonstrate the fact we're still enduring the same shite, I've dug it out - it's from a year and a half ago on this very same thread.

He's been doing the same thing for years and years and years. He hasn't learned from the mistakes at previous clubs, he hasn't learned from them in his 4 years at Rovers.

We are clearly wasting our time and resources.

If we want to tread the mid table championship waters, keep him around. Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww build.

But ultimately, if we have ANY ambition of getting to the Premier League, he clearly needs potting.

Historically, Mowbray really is a bit of a prick really. Reading those quotes from him you wonder how he's made such a fortune as a football manager.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Some posts today around the use of Nyambe, the use of Gallagher, our soft underbelly, Mowbray's demeanour, his use of loans whilst downtalking their concept, his repetitive mistakes etc reminded me of a past post of mine.

Saddo I am, just to demonstrate the fact we're still enduring the same shite, I've dug it out - it's from a year and a half ago on this very same thread.

He's been doing the same thing for years and years and years. He hasn't learned from the mistakes at previous clubs, he hasn't learned from them in his 4 years at Rovers.

We are clearly wasting our time and resources.

If we want to tread the mid table championship waters, keep him around. Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww build.

But ultimately, if we have ANY ambition of getting to the Premier League, he clearly needs potting.

Scot Brown on Mowbray: Now that was a crisis:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/scott-brown-tony-mowbray-now-was-crisis-1494677

1 hour ago, Boz said:

Nyambe is our best right back and would not be out of place in any other Championship team. Playing in other Championship teams who are coached to defend properly and in all likelihood would improve Ryan into a PL full back. At times he has been treated poorly by Mowbray, being called out in public by him when possibly he might have been at fault, without similar such treatment to other players, which has been bizarre. None more so than last Friday, when if our manager wishes to call out publicly his players, he should have been questioning how their left back/left wing back was given the freedom of our right hand side to advance from the half way line, unchecked by the player that might reasonably be expected to have been tracking him back. Likewise he might have looked at their second goal (scored yet again from another set piece we conceded from) and questioned the same player who failed to attack the ball allowing their player a relatively unchallenged header at the near post. Yet I fear not as it might be questioned as to what exactly he saw in the player who he signed for £5m and made him our top earning, non scoring, non trapping, non aerial threat, centre forward, whom he continually plays out of position.

So I have no hard feelings towards Ryan for not extending his contract, like Raya, who for four years can see that his career might be best served elsewhere.

Tiresome and pathetic enduring the ramblings on here of a specific poster who is unwilling to see TM's halo slip. 

Nyambe could have been a top right full back. We've wasted his potential so far.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Your desire to share the same views as Mowbray on everything is making you look silly.

Like I said previously and will repeat that I have had these doubts about Nyambe for the last 3 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

you don’t seem to mind Mowbray referring to him and players of a similar age as young boys and babies.

Have I said this? 

His comments about Armstrong being a young boy are stupid and daft

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

far too many this season. 

Like I said to yourself previously, when my view changes I will post it. Like I said on Monday I am undecided on his future currently after that pathetic performance against Preston. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think Chaddy is on the wind up.

I don't wind up as the Mods would agree with unlike yourself who posted this rubbish when you disagree with your viewpoint

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

To @Ewood Ace you named  Arrons, Connors, Byrne, Romeo and Brittains. That's 5 names, not six and you're double counting 3.

To Ewood, I named Aarons from Norwick, Roberts from Swansea, Esteves from Reading, Stacey from Bournemouth, Smith from Stoke, Christie on loan from Fulham to Forest 

Here the link to me naming them to him. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2173437

I mention to Tom we realistic suggestions of 3 players I would target in bringing this summer to be our 1st choice right back considering possible financial budget. Those 3 players Nathan Byrne from Derby. Romeo from Millwall or Brittain from Barnsley. 

I’ll never understand why interrogating Chaddy floats anyone’s boat, it makes threads unreadable.

Mowbray isn’t delusional, he’s doing the two things people who realise they’ve fucked up and might lose their jobs do: reset expectations (25 games into the journey) and find scapegoats (Nyambe).

No matter what else he says, I’ve always thought what would nail him was Gallagher and Brereton, he really did need them to pay off. My worry is, as he gets increasingly desperate, his only play is to sell Armstrong and Dack to send some dosh back to India.

He knows exactly what he’s doing.

• Like 7