BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

To Ewood, I named Aarons from Norwick, Roberts from Swansea, Esteves from Reading, Stacey from Bournemouth, Smith from Stoke, Christie on loan from Fulham to Forest 

I took the names from your first response to @Ewood Ace and listed the names you gave him.  You gave him 2 'names' and 3 'probables'.  You did not reply to the question you were asked. Your subsequent naming of 6 left out Connors because @Ewood Ace said he didn't rate him. Just because another poster doesn't rate one of your choices, doesn't mean you have to drop your support for him.

20 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I took the names from your first response to @Ewood Ace and listed the names you gave him.  You gave him 2 'names' and 3 'probables'.  You did not reply to the question you were asked. Your subsequent naming of 6 left out Connors because @Ewood Ace said he didn't rate him. Just because another poster doesn't rate one of your choices, doesn't mean you have to drop your support for him.

Who Conners?.

Cos it Conner Roberts from Swansea. Who in my opinion is the best right back in league 

I gave 2 names of the best 2 right backs in the league imo and 3 realistic targets we should sign to @Tom

then I gave 6 names of the best 6 right backs in the league to Ewood. 

I'm not bothered if people agree or not cos it's my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who Conners?.

Cos it Conner Roberts from Swansea. Who in my opinion is the best right back in league 

I gave 2 names of the best 2 right backs in the league imo and 3 realistic targets we should sign to @Tom

then I gave 6 names of the best 6 right backs in the league to Ewood. 

I'm not bothered if people agree or not cos it's my opinion. 

I've wasted more than enough time on you. The only right back Mowbray would have considered was Christie on loan from Fulham. Swansea built a team around loanees who got them to the playoffs.  Mowbray's going for defenders. His teams have never had a defence that didn't leak and that includes West Brom.

38 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’ll never understand why interrogating Chaddy floats anyone’s boat, it makes threads unreadable.

Mowbray isn’t delusional, he’s doing the two things people who realise they’ve fucked up and might lose their jobs do: reset expectations (25 games into the journey) and find scapegoats (Nyambe).

No matter what else he says, I’ve always thought what would nail him was Gallagher and Brereton, he really did need them to pay off. My worry is, as he gets increasingly desperate, his only play is to sell Armstrong and Dack to send some dosh back to India.

He knows exactly what he’s doing.

I must say that although he does talk a lot of shite, what he says is to defend himself as you say, for me, what he says and how he behaves on a match day is irrelevant. There is enough to criticise on the pitch.

We won’t go up this season and we’ll lose what decent players we do have, along with the loan signings. We won’t get this kind of chance to make the playoffs next season. We need rid of Mowbray now, but it’s not going to happen. We’ll be mid table again next season or possibly fighting a relegation battle. Dick head Tony will be off with his pension fund, along with his mates. Fuck you Tony. Fuck you. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

If his head hadn’t fallen off by picking Gallagher at right back in the last game, then it certainly has now. 
He’s rapidly losing the credit in the bank he had with the fans now. 
He’s lost it with me and just lost it in general. It didn’t have to be like this Tony, you’ve done this to yourself.

• Like 5

I just don't understand Venkys. If they have 0 interest in the club why are they funding it. If they would, however, be it for their own image or anything else, want to see their investment produce results, why are they still sticking with TM? They are business people, they know what would happen if they kept around failing managers for years in their other industries.

Is there some hidden benefit to staying in the Championship I don't know about?

It truly makes no sense why they keep putting money in but are not demanding results.

Edited by Mr. E
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burrells Boy said:

After all this time still no plan A and certainly no plan B either, just go.

I think he has a main plan of sorts, and in the rare times the other manager doesnt prepare in any way for us we play well - but the problem is for the majority of opposition managers he is completely easy to figure out and our game plan is countered and nullified entirely. He simply does not have the talent or skill to be winning football matches against even half prepared opposition. His biggest skill by far seems to be talking in the ears of owners convincing them he knows what he is doing. He is an expert at keeping his job but a failure of a football manager.

• Like 1