BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lambert on the brink of the axe at ipswich,i desperately hope they turn to mowbray and venus,both of them are held in high regard from their playing days there,he`d pretty much walk if ipswich approached him, im`e sure

We got lucky with Souey and the Barcodes, I can't see lightning striking twice in the same place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Failure from his appointment. Relegated us. Yes we got promoted from league 1 but the football was horrible, no style , no plan, we got up in spite of him. Had a big budget and players too good for the division we didn’t need to sell. Two further years of poor quality football, false dawns, missed opportunities all while not having to sell and opportunity to spend. All in all, failure 

Coyle relegated us. TM near pulled off mission impossible. Everything good that has happened has been in spite of Mowbray everything bad is because of him. Five tour head a wobble

5 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Coyle relegated us. TM near pulled off mission impossible. Everything good that has happened has been in spite of Mowbray everything bad is because of him. Five tour head a wobble

Who took us down? Coyle may have started the process but he didn’t finish it. We had a chance to stay up, lack of ambition in games such as Preston and somebody else , fails me, but anyway we drew 0-0. Relegated. I don’t see much particularly good that any journeyman manager wouldn’t have been able to do. Not my head that needs wobbled, it’s your tinted specs . Open your eyes lad 

• Like 2

I can't see skint Ipswich paying compo for him.

Also i wouldn't call him a failure that's a bit ott, i know the guy is beginning to grate but lets keep it on the level. He's just doing what he always does all the evidence is out there. This is his level of operating and his way of working is only conducive to ending seasons somewhere in the middle 3rd.

It's what he's good at you might say so any club looking to establish itself in that group could do a lot worse. 

Here though just like at Boro it's time to try and move it up a notch.  It's time for the first time in Venkys tenure for these billionaires to step away from the shackles of the HSH scrapyard and source a manager either with a name, a pedigree or look at the over achievers in this league who are operating on smaller budgets.

It can be done, there's no guarantees but that's just part and parcel of it all. The better candidate you go after the better chance you have of success.

• Like 7

in my current despise of mowbray the manager ,i have to say we should have absolutely annihilated everyone in our league one season and should have won the league by 15/20 points,he had us playing with the choke in all the way through and did`nt even have the balls to go for the title,we could get away with it in a lower league,at this higher level all his faults are there for everyone to see

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Who took us down? Coyle may have started the process but he didn’t finish it. We had a chance to stay up, lack of ambition in games such as Preston and somebody else , fails me, but anyway we drew 0-0. Relegated. I don’t see much particularly good that any journeyman manager wouldn’t have been able to do. Not my head that needs wobbled, it’s your tinted specs . Open your eyes lad 

Leeds spend 3 seasons in league one how many 'journey men' managers did they go through. What about Sunderland? 

Maybe you need to take your doom and gloom specs off and realise that alot of good work has been done during Mowbrays tenure. 

Edited by Roverinbelfast
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I can't see skint Ipswich paying compo for him.

Also i wouldn't call him a failure that's a bit ott, i know the guy is beginning to grate but lets keep it on the level. He's just doing what he always does all the evidence is out there. This is his level of operating and his way of working is only conducive to ending seasons somewhere in the middle 3rd.

It's what he's good at you might say so any club looking to establish itself in that group could do a lot worse. 

Here though just like at Boro it's time to try and move it up a notch.  It's time for the first time in Venkys tenure for these billionaires to step away from the shackles of the HSH scrapyard and source a manager either with a name, a pedigree or look at the over achievers in this league who are operating on smaller budgets.

It can be done, there's no guarantees but that's just part and parcel of it all. The better candidate you go after the better chance you have of success.

Do we need compo. Not having to pay him off would be more than enough if he walked away. 

Prediction: Mowbray will win one and draw two of the next five and the train will rumble on.

WDL.

Only when Waggott goes and there is some accountability will anything else change.

Venkys will only get involved when we are in the bottom three.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Prediction: Mowbray will win one and draw two of the next five and the train will rumble on.

WDL.

Only when Waggott goes and there is some accountability will anything else change.

have you seen who we are playing!!!,we conceivably might not win another game till april

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

WDL.

My prediction. Finish the season in 14th. Then a nice juicy contract extension for Mowbray. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Leeds spend 3 seasons in league one how many 'journey men' managers did they go through. What about Sunderland? 

Maybe you need to take your doom and gloom specs off and realise that alot of good work has been done during Mowbrays tenure. 

I’m not going by other so called bigger clubs that shouldn’t be there failures. I’m going by what Iv seen with my own eyes and my own beliefs for my club and it’s ambition. Mowbray doesn’t work for either 

55 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Do we need compo. Not having to pay him off would be more than enough if he walked away. 

He ain't walking with over a year left so there'd have to be some sort of severance.

Best way all around would be make the decision now that we need to change in summer. Stick to it no matter if we improve a bit and finish strong as usual with the dead rubbers. Then shake hands say thanks, pay him up and move on .... or away from 1st team duties at least.

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Has Mowbray ever 'walked' before?

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy." Tony Mowbray resigns as Coventry (L1) manager - September 2016

About 4 months later he was Rovers manager.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

that could be good news then,he`ll do the same here(and then i woke up!!!!!!)

I honestly think we could be at the start of the spiral to end all death spirals and genuinely could go 10 games without a win... He still won't walk though.     

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I honestly think we could be at the start of the spiral to end all death spirals and genuinely could go 10 games without a win... He still won't walk though.     

Someone mentioned he was on the scrapheap when he arrived here and they weren't wrong so I doubt he'd give up a good thing, especially with no crowds or chairman on his back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

No one's doubting that. 

Promotion from League 1 was a good achievement and, because the other teams were generally poor, we had a good time. 

He's signed some good players. 

Apart from that, his football is awful. He took us down because he couldn't get the team to win more games. Three seasons of mediocrity. 

We aren't progressing. The football is just abysmal. 

Taxi for mowbray. 

• Like 1