BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

One aspect within this lock down scenario, is that we are not there to voice our displeasure. No chants of TM out will be heard within Ewood and so the pressure upon Mowbray is lesser. Since we cannot do that I have been wondering if we could not voice our concerns in a different manner? I have always liked the 'taxi' analogy, so perhaps we could order TM one? Each that is, either all at one time IE 100 taxis (paid for by us) turn up at Ewood for TM. Perhaps they could be spread out across a day? One every 15 or so mins? I think that would be quite humourus 😂👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

One aspect within this lock down scenario, is that we are not there to voice our displeasure. No chants of TM out will be heard within Ewood and so the pressure upon Mowbray is lesser. Since we cannot do that I have been wondering if we could not voice our concerns in a different manner? I have always liked the 'taxi' analogy, so perhaps we could order TM one? Each that is, either all at one time IE 100 taxis (paid for by us) turn up at Ewood for TM. Perhaps they could be spread out across a day? One every 15 or so mins? I think that would be quite humourus 😂👍

An inappropriate way to treat a man that has done a lot for the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You realise it's possible to erode previous  good work by staying too long in a job? He's now actively keeping us out of the play off race by staying in place as its beyond his capabilities as a manager to get this squad promoted. A better manager could absolutely have us in the mix. So whilst you think he's done a lot for the club I believe he's now harming it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I have always liked the 'taxi' analogy, so perhaps we could order TM one? Each that is, either all at one time IE 100 taxis (paid for by us) turn up at Ewood for TM. Perhaps they could be spread out across a day? One every 15 or so mins? I think that would be quite humourus 😂👍

If you are anything older than 12 years old then you should be ashamed of that post. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You realise it's possible to erode previous  good work by staying too long in a job? He's now actively keeping us out of the play off race by staying in place as its beyond his capabilities as a manager to get this squad promoted. A better manager could absolutely have us in the mix. So whilst you think he's done a lot for the club I believe he's now harming it. 

This is spot on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Don't think anybody is arguing with you in appreciating the job Tony did in reviving this club. He without doubt has brought a little bit of hope and glory these past few years and I wholeheartedly thank him for that.

But being a football manager is not like any other job in the world, it is a job where you are only as good as your last game. Fact is, this past year he's started to undo all his good work. I've started to forget all his past achievements.

Fickle ey? That's football, that's this industry, the job. It's one that is like no other, the salary compensates how fickle I can be though so don't feel too sorry for him.

We can't sit back and allow our club to stagnate based on previous performance. Football simply does not work like that anymore.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

'ashamed' - that's up there with the inappropriate

And all because someone has a sense of humour.

After years of Vs and now Mowbray it's welcome.

Too right. 

I just can't understand why people take a post serious when it's clearly humorous and therefore harmless.

Too much moral high ground taking for me.

• Like 4

The good stuff he's done, promotion etc has seen him through several previous very poor spells. This season and imo the second half of last season were a clean slate to start judging his established Championship management. 

Don't forget he himself has trumpeted the aims, when to judge, how many windows and what he needed etc. He can't just uproot the goalposts every Jan when he realizes collectively they've fallen short again and expect it to fall on deaf ears.

Not only that but blame it on every conceivable and unconceivable thing he can find then inevitably spin it back onto fans so called expectations. Fans who haven't been in the ground for a year and have played no part whatsoever in how things have gone.

There's lines you don't cross but when it comes to arse covering towards India they get trampled over. We've seen it all before and i'll say this for Lambert, love him or loath him he's been the only one under this ownership who's held his hands up and admitted he couldn't deliver.

• Like 9

When you’re employed in a field of work you love it’s sometimes very difficult to let go ...but anyone with an ounce of common sense or sensitivity knows when time is up....you see it in people’s eyes, you hear it in what is no longer said , you sense it in your everyday dealings with your colleagues. .... I’m pretty certain Mowbray doesn’t spend his days trawling these pages but....he must know / feel / sense / hear from anyone employed by the club that the respect has gone. ... I can’t feel sorry for him....I feel an anger that we lifted him from dire straits following his Coventry debacle ( yes he “ got “ us promoted...but, in reality, he couldn’t fail ) ....

He stands as a man of dignity...and courage ...and sometimes the most courageous thing to do is admit failure ....yes failure.....8 windows, no style of play....I don’t need to continue to list ....IF he is that man of dignity and courage he would go, for the sake of the club.....but maybe it’s a myth ....not only can he not set up a defence....he can’t honour his word ....a sad day 

• Like 3

We all know how this unfolds from here. 

Mowbray won't be sacked and plenty will come up with the pointless suggestion of giving him the rest of the season and review at the end.

The trouble is that sooner or later we will string 2-3 results together and also expect the traditional dead rubber good run in the final 5 games of the season. Probably win our last 4 games when there's no pressure or expectation and the opposition are on the beach.

These results then sway opinion and pull wool over eyes. People think a corner has been turned. Mowbray can point to those results and argue he's delivering.

Then it all repeats again with the same patterns and mistakes.

• Like 7