BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Wow. Absolutely no doubt he's trying to justify his continued employment here. There is so much complete and utter bollocks its embarrassing, and I can't be arsed to go through and pick all the holes in it, but what I will take from this is the fact he feels he needs to justify his continued existence. Perhaps someone is turning the screw, we can only hope..

• Like 1

Yet I feel the negativity, potentially from yourselves, because I understand the expectation that I brought to this football team, not to the club, because this is Blackburn Roversand I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League’

Noticed how he’s partially rowed back on his comments from Wednesday.

On the ‘negative’ part, It’s not the media’s job to be positive or negative, but to prod and probe and hold those in positions of authority to account. The LT/Radio Lancs should never be a PR arm of the club. 

• Like 8

Four years into the job and he still hasn't created an identity for this team. I'm sure i remember Mowbray saying before the start of first season back that he wanted to create a possession based team and thought it would take time.

Our last 2 games both have had 2 shots on target. Mowbray placing all the goals conceded on Ayala not being next to Lenihan. At least he's not blaming them on Nyambe 

Games are not won on the basis of possession. Mowbray's measuring his success against a meaningless yardstick. Results are the only yardstick.

Mowbray's noticed we're against him continuing as manager based on the fact he's not getting us promotion back to the Premier League anytime.

Mowbray wants negativity. Burnley fans wanted a chairman out, so a group of them pitched tents on his lawn until he sold out. Our fans are much too nice and genteel to do anything like that.

• Like 1

Lies, damn lies and then there are statistics.

We have barely created a few chances in the last few games. He does have a point with injuries...however if you had a style of play that you truly believed in then you would play that in every game. You can't say we should be top six at the start of the season and when by Feb we are ten points adrift, expect criticism.

Mowbray needs to go, but he won't. So we can only hope that we stay clear of injuries.

• Like 1

Sounds like Julia Roberts in the film Notting Hill, I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy.

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity,..."

Where are all these missing defenders going to play when they are fit, all those who who would stop us conceding goals from set pieces, where are these stats? 

Ideally we all need to avoid getting personal or vindictive, we're better than that, yet it's not easy.

Perhaps a Steve Waggott Discussion topic might be more relevant? He seems to be avoiding what might be considered his share of any flack. I would have hoped that a comment from him as CEO might be fitting. He might comment perhaps, that the Board/owners have always supported TM whenever he has asked? Few managers in the Championship have received the same level of support. 

It's simple really if the stats are so good why isn't the team and its league position ?

If anything those stats yell out this style whatever it is isn't actually working to get the desired effect. Also he's in contradiction territory again saying about implementing the possession game. He started that LAST season he used the term transition to possession often enough. Therefore now it should be bearing fruit, alongside mentioning we wouldn't be losing if Ayala was playing.

Is this the same Ayala who was struggling and we were losing when he actually played,  then he told us it was because of our expansive game ( changed again) that he wasn't used to compared to the Pulis/Warnock syle ?

Then we move back onto  the style contradictions again, telling us we play a front foot high tempo style. Well that isn't the possession slow build style he's still implementing is it ?

An interesting bit in there as well 'fine, let somebody else have a go'.... odd thing to say for one so sure he's on the right tracks.  Who is that directed at exactly ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://t.co/3d3t8LK7RB?amp=1

"if we had Ayala and Lenihan playing centre back in this team, we wouldn’t have conceded the goals that cost us points and we’d be winning lots of football matches."

Ayala has started 8 times. 2 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses.

We would hope that playing together regular would lead to foaming a good partnership and better organise defence. Sadly Ayala is far too injury prone. 

Feck me! His interviews lately seem to basically be a wind up. Like he knows we want a change and is digging in for an argument. Basically saying hes why we have more expectation now and we shouldnt get too greedy!

“Yet I feel the negativity, potentially from yourselves, because I understand the expectation that I brought to this football team, not to the club, because this is Blackburn Rovers and I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League, well, there’s a lot of teams who would say that.

Not sure how they compile these stats either as if i remember rightly it took about 34 mins v PNE to get a shot just off target.  Then the other night about 42 before Dack flicked a header over.

We must've had an awful lot of box entries and touches in those early rampant wins to still be carrying that over. The creating of chances or anything in fact has been thin on the ground recently.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhben said:

Feck me! His interviews lately seem to basically be a wind up. Like he knows we want a change and is digging in for an argument. Basically saying hes why we have more expectation now and we shouldnt get too greedy!

“Yet I feel the negativity, potentially from yourselves, because I understand the expectation that I brought to this football team, not to the club, because this is Blackburn Rovers and I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League, well, there’s a lot of teams who would say that.

I don't know about you, but I had the expectation of Premier League football as Venkys took over, based on their promise to maintain Jack's legacy.

We're only winner of the Premier League not to be in it. No other team can say that, Mowbray.

• Like 7

So, we haven't played well, the results haven't been good enough but the possession stats are. Imagine expecting to keep your job because of that. How about you publicly accept the performances haven't been anywhere near the required standard, bollock the players and demand more from them... and yourself!

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity, and I mentioned Brentford, I don’t know how many years they’ve been trying, they were top of the table and just lost two games, are they all moaning at Brentford? Maybe, I don’t know because I don’t see it."

"At this moment we haven't, we are doing with what we’ve got our very best and it feels a little bit like a lack of support from certain areas, but that’s okay, because the group are quite tight and we’ll get on with it together.”

a couple of digs at the fans??

• Like 3