BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Who’s Venkey’s going to listening to if he starts slagging off the fans? Yep, sly bastard Tony. He’s clutching at Straws and knows they’ll listen to him and not us. He has them in his pocket. Just like another manager we had. Sorry, but Tony knows how to twist and play things to suit his own means. They won’t listen to our concerns. He’s taking little ‘pot shots’ and he knows it because he knows he is untouchable and what he has ‘done’ for little Blackburn Rovers!! The man is undoing all his good work by taking these ‘cheap’ shots. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Just been told that Waggot is taking early retirement and that several annoucments are due from the club in the coming weeks.... please say they are potting TM!

A new broom is desperately needed throughout the club. 

It has all become terribly stale and in the post-Covid world all businesses have to be nimble and innovative. I just can’t see that being possible with Waggott and crew at the helm.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity, and I mentioned Brentford, I don’t know how many years they’ve been trying, they were top of the table and just lost two games, are they all moaning at Brentford? Maybe, I don’t know because I don’t see it."

"At this moment we haven't, we are doing with what we’ve got our very best and it feels a little bit like a lack of support from certain areas, but that’s okay, because the group are quite tight and we’ll get on with it together.”

a couple of digs at the fans??

I was just about to pull that quote out. Wtf is he on about? He's had the easiest ride during the most dismal run of performances I can remember in years yet he's playing the wounded animal.

Just go Mowbray.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity, and I mentioned Brentford, I don’t know how many years they’ve been trying, they were top of the table and just lost two games, are they all moaning at Brentford? Maybe, I don’t know because I don’t see it."

"At this moment we haven't, we are doing with what we’ve got our very best and it feels a little bit like a lack of support from certain areas, but that’s okay, because the group are quite tight and we’ll get on with it together.”

a couple of digs at the fans??

Isn't he moaning at the likes of Rich Sharpe making perceived negative comments?

Not like the fans are getting on his back in empty stadiums - I'm assuming he doesn't come on here.

I've had a quick look on the Brentford Forum. No-one is demanding Frank's head. One was bemoaning bully boy tactics Brentford can't overcome. Another, Shamrock Bee posted this line, amongst others 

"We're on a great journey and I can also take or leave us being a PL club, but I'd love to see us achieve it for MB"

Had Brentford ever been in the PL, no fan of theirs would ever talk like this.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

What has a team chasing automatic promotion and losing an odd game as they do so, a totally normal turn of events, got to do with a team in their standard position of mid table chasing nothing in particular?

Mowbray referred to Brentford in the article asking how their fans regarded losing two on the bounce.

6 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Just trying to find out the reliability of the source now. The person who has screenshotted me the message isnt someone to bullshit.

Feels like it would be too good to be true, but from TM's comments himself, there is pressure coming from someone, somewhere.

But if we saw the removal of SW firstly; that is one step forward in any circumstance.

The mere fact that TM practically recommended his mate for the job has never sat right with me, despite the decent job I  think SW has done. But where is TM's accountability?

Here's hoping 🙏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Mowbray referred to Brentford in the article asking how their fans regarded losing two on the bounce.

I know. My point being, he shouldn’t even be comparing this non competing mess of a side to a progressive, automatic promotion chasing team in the first place.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What has a team chasing automatic promotion and losing an odd game as they do so, a totally normal turn of events, got to do with a team in their standard position of mid table chasing nothing in particular?

Especially when those 2 defeats came after a 21 game unbeaten run in the league. 

Not big on context is he?

• Like 6

I understand Blackburn Rovers historically should be fighting in the Premier League, well, there’s a lot of teams who would say that. "

it does`nt matter to me what division we are in,the only expectations i have are a side that gives 100% with some semblence of defensive capability and some attacking intent,at the moment all we are seeing is a complete disorganised mess,with players running around with no idea of what their job is,that`s the managers job to tell them what to do is`nt it??

• Like 3

Earlier in the season it was because Dack was injured, then it was Brereton and Travis and now the excuse is that it is Ayala injured (whoever could have foreseen that). Lots of excuses not ideas. Mowbray Out!

Daniel Ayala the figure that can remedy Blackburn Rovers defensive woes - LancsLive

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don't even know where to begin with this: https://t.co/3d3t8LK7RB?amp=1

Please help me as I have lost or  made up a season. Apparently we only moved away from the Dack / Graham combo this season but I distinctly remember last season when Graham hardly played and Dack was injured for half of it. Did I just make that up or imagine it? 

He's losing the plot. It's a poor do to reset the clock 4 years in, and an even poorer do to lie about when the reset was. 

His digs at the fans, his ludicrous comparison with Brentford (who don't have the habit of spunking money on a non scoring striker), his statistics about entries into the box - it's Kean-esque. Totally lost the plot and fast losing integrity. Every day it gets worse and worse what he says. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Decent chances - Probably on one finger

Yeah I was being generous. As was I with the 'few games' reference. We've been utter sh*te for months and months. The January victories didn't fool me. We were sh*te then too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Ozz said:

It wasnt Funny! Just embarrasing

The funnies have it. Do you want me to call you a cab? I'll borrow mum's dog n bone 📞👍😂😂😂

I thought Aussies had a sense of humour.

Not even bothering to comment on today's words from TM he should have gotten in the cab......

• Like 1