BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

For a big ugly bruiser of a centre half, he’s remarkably thin-skinned. Maybe it’s the combination of another season in mid-table coupled with his “boss” taking early retirement that has him rattled. He desperately needs a new narrative for a new boss who he won’t get to pick, hence resetting the journey clock. Expect a new theme tune to tune out to: “We’ve only just begun” by the Carpenters.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity, and I mentioned Brentford, I don’t know how many years they’ve been trying, they were top of the table and just lost two games, are they all moaning at Brentford? Maybe, I don’t know because I don’t see it."

"At this moment we haven't, we are doing with what we’ve got our very best and it feels a little bit like a lack of support from certain areas, but that’s okay, because the group are quite tight and we’ll get on with it together.”

a couple of digs at the fans??

To be fair, it’s either dig at the fans, or acknowledge his own failings....

If we'd been top of the league and lost 2 games we wouldn't be moaning either,it's because we havent been in touching distance of the top of the league and been stuck outside of theplayoffs since we got back into the championship,maybe he'd be better comparing us with Bristol City or Cardiff who changed their manager when they could see them going nowhere while we are stuck trading water i 8-12 position while the manager has his mate as a boss and the owners who seem to have been hoodwinked by him into thinking we're doing well to be suck here looking up at the top 6.

His comparisons to Brentford fans are just his usual waffle like after they'd beaten us once and he said they were the model we wanted to follow. Then chucked them Raya for 3 mill not long after he'd spent 7 million on one young player and 5 million on another.

Not really the model fans had in mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

The funnies have it. Do you want me to call you a cab? I'll borrow mum's dog n bone 📞👍😂😂😂

I thought Aussies had a sense of humour.

Not even bothering to comment on today's words from TM he should have gotten in the cab......

You seem alright really mate. Carry on. 

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

“I’m only trying to build a football team, build a club, with an identity, and I mentioned Brentford, I don’t know how many years they’ve been trying, they were top of the table and just lost two games, are they all moaning at Brentford? Maybe, I don’t know because I don’t see it."

"At this moment we haven't, we are doing with what we’ve got our very best and it feels a little bit like a lack of support from certain areas, but that’s okay, because the group are quite tight and we’ll get on with it together.”

a couple of digs at the fans??

Bowyer-esque.

Let’s hope it precedes a change in the same way.

”If we were top of the league and lost a couple of games would fans moan then?”

I don’t know Tone but with you in charge we won’t ever find out.

44C60DDF-4E16-4EBB-B03D-CF9280309AEA.jpeg.4bd611d73b570f0f89873f806cef4632.jpeg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bowyer-esque.

Let’s hope it precedes a change in the same way.

”If we were top of the league and lost a couple of games would fans moan then?”

I don’t know Tone but with you in charge we won’t ever find out.

44C60DDF-4E16-4EBB-B03D-CF9280309AEA.jpeg.4bd611d73b570f0f89873f806cef4632.jpeg

He's having a dig at fans and the LT.

He just can't handle any level or criticism despite having ''“a big steel barrier up in front and you can’t hurt me''

It's ok as the squad are quite tight, down from ''very'' I see.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

On 13/02/2021 at 09:01, Ewood Ace said:

In the 3 season since we have been back in the Championship Swansea have spent about £8 Million, in the same time we have spent £15 Million just on strikers. In the last 2 seasons with Cooper in charge they have spent  £2.2 Million on transfers so less than half of what we spent just on Sam Gallagher in that same period.

Reading in the 3 years since we have been back in the Championship have spent around the same as us although their net spend is a fair bit less than ours. 

Brentford have made a significant profit in terms of transfers because they are always forced to sell their best players something that has never happened to Mowbray. 

Norwich are only in a position to spend money because they got to the Premiership but Farke got them into the Prem by spending less than Mowbray has already spent and he had two of his best player sold in Murphy and Maddison.

You got a lot of likes for this comment, but it’s factually incorrect.

2018/2019 Swansea spent £60 million, we spent £8 million.

Your other wishy washy comparisons suggest my original point, to the guy who was saying on budget we should be top 6, is correct.

Again, my original response to the guy saying based on budget we should be top 6, no we shouldn’t, we are where we should be if judged on spend.

On 13/02/2021 at 07:36, martonrover said:

To the contrary, I think the only chance of Nyambe staying, and possibly the others, is to change the manager.

Ambitious players will not want to stay if Mowbray does.

Our best player, and to my knowledge only one who openly says he wants EPL no matter what, is Dack. And he just signed a new contract.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You got a lot of likes for this comment, but it’s factually incorrect.

2018/2019 Swansea spent £60 million, we spent £8 million.

Your other wishy washy comparisons suggest my original point, to the guy who was saying on budget we should be top 6, is correct.

Again, my original response to the guy saying based on budget we should be top 6, no we shouldn’t, we are where we should be if judged on spend.

That is absolute nonsense as you can see in the link below. So if you are going to give me these wishy washy responses at least get your facts right.

Swansea City - Transfers 18/19 (Detailed view) | Transfermarkt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That is absolute nonsense as you can see in the link below. So if you are going to give me these wishy washy responses at least get your facts right.

The Mowbrayites just pluck numbers out the air to suit their argument 

• Backroom

I still can’t believe he expects us to swallow the nonsense about Nyambe.

Previous 2 games he has THB on the bench itching to bring him on yet when THB starts Nyambe, who can play right back and in the middle can’t make the bench because of course we need Buckley there along with Rothwell, Elliot, Dolan, Evans and Brereton.....you know just in case 5 midfielders get injured.

In fact I recall he did similar 18 months or so ago, all of a sudden Bennett was in at right back and Nyambe out of the squad.

Also he’s cost us a few goals recently so like Raya he has to be dropped and made an example of in interviews.

Good job nobody else has made any mistakes this season then

If there is one constant in football it’s that managers will perpetually come out with self serving nonsense, even ‘decent and honest’ ones but this is just insulting 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Our best player, and to my knowledge only one who openly says he wants EPL no matter what, is Dack. And he just signed a new contract.

Let's not be short sighted, Dacks only signed a contract because he got a bad injury. No injury and he'd be doing exactly what Armstrong is.

He's financially set for the next few years while he get used to any setbacks this injury has caused. I don't knock him for that but don't try and convince anyone he's signed out of love of belief in Mowbrays vision. That's crap.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Isn't he moaning at the likes of Rich Sharpe making perceived negative comments?

Not like the fans are getting on his back in empty stadiums - I'm assuming he doesn't come on here.

Why would anyone be moaning at Brentford? Is he saying building a promotion team takes years and fans haven't moaned while Brentford were doing it?

He's had years and we are as far away as ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/transfers/verein/2288/saison_id/2017

Sorry my mistake it was year before, but still within Mowbray era.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

And all those players they bought though with the exception of Ayew were sold the following season.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

And all those players they bought though with the exception of Ayew were sold the following season.

And? He cost 20 million and is their top scorer this season. Our squad isn’t £20 million.

Just now, Wood26 said:

And? He cost 20 million and is their top scorer this season. Our squad isn’t £20 million.

It is. Brereton £7 Million, Gallagher £5 Million, Armstrong £3 Million, Dack £750K, Kaminski £450K, Pears £350K, Evans £750K, Rothwell and Davenport( both undisclosed but probably a few hundred thousand each), Bell £300K, Elliott £4 Million, Branthwaite £1 Million, Pickering £650K. But even if it isn'' this is the Championship there are always sides going to come down who have players that cost a lot but very often they are more of hindrance than a help as we know only to well. Also Ayew isn't a £20 Million player anymore if he was then he would still be at Swansea.

• Like 1