BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It is. Brereton £7 Million, Gallagher £5 Million, Armstrong £3 Million, Dack £750K, Kaminski £450K, Pears £350K, Evans £750K, Rothwell and Davenport( both undisclosed but probably a few hundred thousand each), Bell £300K, Elliott £4 Million, Branthwaite £1 Million, Pickering £650K. But even if it isn'' this is the Championship there are always sides going to come down who have players that cost a lot but very often they are more of hindrance than a help as we know only to well. Also Ayew isn't a £20 Million player anymore if he was then he would still be at Swansea.

I agree he’s not worth 20 Million, and Dack isn’t wort 750k. Original point was the guy was acting like we are Man City throwing money about and we are not.

The latest stuff with Nyambe, does anyone really care he was dropped? Same as Rothwell. Have the odd good moment, but by no means deserve to start every week.

Nyambe is fast and strong, as an attacking full back though, hopeless. He’s got one move, stand still, then Knock long me chase after, then after that 9/10 no end product.

Same fans crying over Nyambe are same who didn’t want Armstrong in the side.

Nyambe wasn't just dropped. He was bombed out of the squad altogether. That's my gripe. A manager can pick his preferred XI on form, mistakes, plans but Nyambe if fit has to be in the squad and an option from the bench. There can be no excuse nor justification for that omission. I do not think any other defender - THB, Branthwaite, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas, Bell - would ever be dropped out of the squad if fit. Mowbray wouldn't dare. He does with Nyambe.

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Nyambe is fast and strong, as an attacking full back though, hopeless. He’s got one move, stand still, then Knock long me chase after, then after that 9/10 no end product.

Only 2 right backs in the division have more assists than Nyambe. He's an excellent defender and is improving all the time going forward. If he does depart this summer then we will not get a better player than Nyambe in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Only 2 right backs in the division have more assists than Nyambe. He's an excellent defender and is improving all the time going forward. If he does depart this summer then we will not get a better player than Nyambe in. 

You don’t know that. We lost Graham, Mulgrew and Dack who scored all our goals, and then Armstrong appeared.

Honestly couldn’t care less if Nyambe left. We will get some one else, they will do fine.

If you think Nyambe is integral to our team, your not watching every match. Yeh he’s alright. That’s about it.

8 hours ago, Ozz said:

You seem alright really mate. Carry on. 

Thanks Ozzzz, nice to meet you too 👍 I hope you are all well down under?

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I still can’t believe he expects us to swallow the nonsense about Nyambe.

Previous 2 games he has THB on the bench itching to bring him on yet when THB starts Nyambe, who can play right back and in the middle can’t make the bench because of course we need Buckley there along with Rothwell, Elliot, Dolan, Evans and Brereton.....you know just in case 5 midfielders get injured.

In fact I recall he did similar 18 months or so ago, all of a sudden Bennett was in at right back and Nyambe out of the squad.

Also he’s cost us a few goals recently so like Raya he has to be dropped and made an example of in interviews.

Good job nobody else has made any mistakes this season then

If there is one constant in football it’s that managers will perpetually come out with self serving nonsense, even ‘decent and honest’ ones but this is just insulting 

If he likes you / you get on etc. Then you are immune. Doesn't like you / fallout etc... Watch out for the bus.

I may be the only one but I'm really starting to hate this man. Whatever he has done for us in the first 2 seasons, the appreciation and gratitude to him are slowly evaporating.

With every match, every interview, he doesnt seem to know what he's doing or saying. Totally disillusional. All that talk about been 2nd in possession in the league is just rubbish when we aren't getting results. Do we get a wildcard promotion if we win the possession league?

It's getting stale. I know a new manager wont guaranteed promotion but sometimes, you just need a slight reboot.

• Like 6

Any gratitude I had for him being the manager as we bank rolled promotion from league one has been totally soured by his various statements this week.

We’d decide not to go to ewood again whilst he was in charge. If he carries on I’ll be going but sitting jw lower and giving him both barrels. He won’t be sleeping for that. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Our best player, and to my knowledge only one who openly says he wants EPL no matter what, is Dack. And he just signed a new contract.

Our best player now, following his injury?

Let's hope Dack gets his mojo back as he builds up his fitness, but let's not kid ourselves, signing a two year contract extension does not necessarily mean he will stay.

I'm sure the injury and recovery time played a part in his decision to sign a new contract, as it gives him protection for complications / loss of form etc.

By signing the contract he can't lose either way. Well rewarded if he stays and still the possibility of an upwards move if he gets his fitness and form back.

Obviously, it's also good for the club in terms of a fee if he leaves.

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

I may be the only one but I'm really starting to hate this man. Whatever he has done for us in the first 2 seasons, the appreciation and gratitude to him are slowly evaporating.

With every match, every interview, he doesnt seem to know what he's doing or saying. Totally disillusional. All that talk about been 2nd in possession in the league is just rubbish when we aren't getting results. Do we get a wildcard promotion if we win the possession league?

It's getting stale. I know a new manager wont guaranteed promotion but sometimes, you just need a slight reboot.

Most clubs recognise when a manager is getting stale and act. Not here.

Thankfully our guy is a man of integrity who will walk away if he thinks he is holding us back. Wonder how bad we will have to be before he thinks that? Right now he seems to think he has us punching above our weight just by being midtable in the Championship - so it could be a while yet.

• Like 1

The luckiest man in the history of the Championship this deluded fool is.

Churn out shit, talk shit, surround yourself with shit on the coaching field, overpay millions for some shit.  Yet carry on as you where as long as you feel like it.

New contract incoming

Very very low crowds on the horizon in future, welcome to Crewe Rovers and the poundshop Dario Gradi

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Churn out shit, talk shit, surround yourself with shit on the coaching field, overpay millions for some shit.  Yet carry on as you where as long as you feel like it.

New contract incoming

Very very low crowds on the horizon in future, welcome to Crewe Rovers and the poundshop Dario Gradi

Not sure Dario ever spunked 7 or 5 million on players that probably wouldn't raise a million if sold today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

New contract incoming

Nobody at the Club gives a shit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Blaming the fans for a player getting injured even Kean never thought of that one. 

I think Mowbray will end up being even more hated than either Kean or Coyle were.

IMO, with fans in the ground, he would no longer be in a job.

Think the longer this sad escapade drags on then the more horrible and nasty his remaining tenure and eventual departure will be. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray will end up being even more hated than either Kean or Coyle were.

IMO, with fans in the ground, he would no longer be in a job.

Think the longer this sad escapade drags on then the more horrible and nasty his remaining tenure and eventual departure will be. 

Absolute bollocks.

Also, on the second sentence, he would be, Venkys dont give a shit. Weekly protests and Kean remained until he left.

• Like 1