BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Are you having a LAUGH?

This 'training pitch issue' ??? ARE YOU HAVING A GODDAM GIRAFFE? It is an Existential Crisis for this club. Nothing less.

Methinks you just let your colours slip there pal.

'Training pitch issue..." Pah!

You ok hun?

I said it wasn't the most pressing issue, as in its not going to be solved over night, whereas Mowbray could be sacked and replaced in a few days. Setting us up with a manager who can work with the squad for next season, at least. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day,Mowbray can blame whatever external factors he wants , but the fact remains he really hasn't helped himself with his downright bizzare use of certain players when they are fit. He has had longer than any other manager in the league, yet our players at this stage of the season when they should be peaking, look more confused and disjointed than anyone. 

Comparing our plight to that of Liverpool and Brentford ignores one huge discrepancy, their managers have delivered previously, massively in Liverpool's case, whereas Brentford are certs to at least make the play offs. It's nonsese. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

Tony's new line of defense seems to be 'if Liverpool are losing anyone can lose, so what do you want from me?'

I keep seeing fans come out with this line as well.

No correlation whatsoever with our situation it's a bizarre comparison to make.

The Brentford one he keeps making is insulting really considering what they've achieved in recent years. 

• Like 2

When I see people write its a slow build, we need to be patient  bla bla, it will take time. Thats codswallop.  Look at Stoke City, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Cardiff.  Managers that have come in and made an immediate impact.  None of these managers have had huge amounts of money to splash out on players. They have know-how. Mowbray is just biding his time, feathering his nest till he has enough cash to retire comfortably.  Its sickening 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I keep seeing fans come out with this line as well.

No correlation whatsoever with our situation it's a bizarre comparison to make.

The Brentford one he keeps making is insulting really considering what they've achieved in recent years. 

Why doesn't he go the whole hog and say 'Barcelona lose games too?'. We lose at Barnsley, but 'never mind, Brighton beat Liverpool last week you know'. Makes sense. It's irrelevant whatever results those clubs are getting.

On the one hand "we can't compete with Brentford" and "we haven't been tearing it up in the Premier League for a long time", but then it's alright to compare our results with those clubs just to cover yourself, eh, Tony?

I've never seen a manager get so tetchy over even the slightest bit of criticism. Look at how prickly he gets with Sharpe and Bayes when they try and challenge him even just a little bit. He's contradicting himself on a weekly basis and to be honest, his ramblings are sounding more and more like the crook that went to Brunei.

I can't believe we are witnessing another situation whereby the manager has made himself unsackable and is now trying to treat the fans like mugs by talking constant drivel. I thought those days were over. I'm glad that a lot of fans are realising what's happening though, as his mask is slipping.

• Like 7

Mowbray just doesn't have 'it' in his locker to haul a team to promotion or the play-offs. That's why over 3 years at Boro and 3 years here, despite good backing and support from all angles he's never breached that glass ceiling of 7th/8th.

He doesn't have what Warnock, McCarthy, Bruce, Dyche, Hughton have, which is the ability to haul a side up by forging them into a unit or team. We strike me at times as a bunch of decent individuals cobbled together reliant on one or two to do the business for us.

His failure to accept full responsibility for our results further undermines his standing. It's one thing witnessing the season collapse in weary and familiar fashion but another that the man in control is coming out with every excuse under the sun, including nonsense about Liverpool and Brentford. He's out of ideas and excuses and is now desperately scratching around for whatever he can find until we stumble across another win to quieten things down for another few weeks.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You ok hun?

I said it wasn't the most pressing issue, as in its not going to be solved over night, whereas Mowbray could be sacked and replaced in a few days. Setting us up with a manager who can work with the squad for next season, at least. 

You know and I know, cupcake, that Tony Mowbray will not be sacked. There is no one at the club in a position to do that. Blind optimism and fantasy speculation won't change that.

However, the assault of Jack's Legacy continues, apparently unabated, in the background. Not acknowledging the serious implications of that seems to me a clear case of 'fiddling whilst Rome burns'.

Edited by WIR Second Coming

The slow build, journey excuse is also clearly a load of BS. Does he actually believe it? 

1) there is no football identity. It’s dire and pointless. I see some other highlights and get envious at seeing teams shooting or crossing from wide areas. Oh the simple things.

2) lots of players out of contract and multiple loans to go back. That’s not slow build, that’s plugging holes and another needed imminent overhaul in the summer.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

You know, and I know, that Tony Mowbray will not be sacked. There is no one at the club in a position to do that. Blind optimism and fantasy speculation won't change that.

However, the assault up Jack's Legacy continues, apparently unabated in the background. Not acknowledging the serious implications of that seems to me a clear case of 'fiddling whilst Rome burns'.

This is the Tony Mowbray thread. The discussion on the training ground has its own thread. Calm your britches. 

I think Hughes would be a good fit to follow Mowbray because the team is crying out for that organization. He'd need a window or two to sort the defense and i think he'd root out a striker from somewhere as well.

Thing is though i suspect the reason they keep employing out of work managers,  who've hit the skids and come via 1 agency, is they want people who are grateful for a job and in return will work a certain way.

That way might entail doing as they are told. creating a pipeline into the team for youth, loans brought in and certain agents players. Then on top of that you might get the odd team sheet via text.....

We are resembling an odd set up again this season. Couldn't see Hughes having any of that nonsense.

Come 10pm Wednesday, if results go against us, we will be in 16th place. Where we were when Bowyer got potted. The phrase 'dropping like a stone' springs to mind. That's relegation territory. We're this season's Hull City, from points tally to a manager who hasn't got a clue.

Mowbray is now a millstone around our neck, yet won't walk. He thinks he's unsackable, too well protected and he's just arrogant with it.

I hope Venkys realise that change is needed and are working to bring in a new manager before the rot becomes irreversible.

• Like 7

mowbray has assembled a good squad of players but it`s highlighted his poor management,he can`t mould them into a cohesive unit,there is no point in leading the possesion stats league if the bloody ball does`nt go into the back of the net and we can`t keep it out of ours,if he`d stuck to a normal 4/4/2 with one holding midfielder and mixed the play up we`de be a lot better off,don`t complicate the formation unless you`ve got the coaching ability to get it through to your players

We will fluke a few points from these home games. I expect at least two. Mowbray has that habit of pulling results out when the pressure is building.

We need 12 to ensure safety. That's all we've got left now and he needs sacking on that basis alone.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray will end up being even more hated than either Kean or Coyle were.

IMO, with fans in the ground, he would no longer be in a job.

Think the longer this sad escapade drags on then the more horrible and nasty his remaining tenure and eventual departure will be. 

I agree. By the time the training ground stuff comes out to be exactly what it is it’s going to be another awful experience with fans divided. I’m praying this prick leaves before the start of next season so we can all get back to ewood in the sun with a splash of optimism’s  

• Like 2

Simple things like just maintaining a starting 11 for a few games, is what is causing Mowbray problems. You cant change a line up, everytime a player makes a mistake. You have to keep an 11 around for at least 4 or 5 games, and just let them figure things out

I couldn't see Hughes coming back to the club the way things are run now. Depends on how desperate for work he is I suppose. I would be very surprised though. 

Seems like the tide has turned on Mowbray with most fans and even the media now. He's not going to walk,cos he won't get a pay off. We are back in "ball in Venkys court" territory. Stomach churning due to the complete uncertainty and irrationality that comes with that. 

What's very clear though is the players have enough of him. There is no coming back from that. So hopefully this doesn't drag on too long. It probably will though. Sickens me to hear Liverpool and United supporting mates complain about their "plight". 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I couldn't see Hughes coming back to the club the way things are run now. Depends on how desperate for work he is I suppose. I would be very surprised though. 

Seems like the tide has turned on Mowbray with most fans and even the media now. He's not going to walk,cos he won't get a pay off. We are back in "ball in Venkys court" territory. Stomach churning due to the complete uncertainty and irrationality that comes with that. 

What very clear though is the players have enough of him. There is no coming back from that. So hopefully this doesn't drag on too long. It probably will though. 

I listened to Radio Lancashire after the game and without them saying it outright I got the feeling the commentators had also had enough of him

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I listened to Radio Lancashire after the game and without them saying it outright I got the feeling the commentators had also had enough of him

I'm guessing its his recent interviews taking a dig at those reporting stuff in the papers and on radio,now's the time to stop giving him an easy time and get him answering some hard hitting questions.

• Like 1