BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

19 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm guessing its his recent interviews taking a dig at those reporting stuff in the papers and on radio,now's the time to stop giving him an easy time and get him answering some hard hitting questions.

But that's very hard to do for Journalists to do when there is no face to face interviews due the current restrictions in face. It's all done on video call and zoom now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But that's very hard to do for Journalists to do when there is no face to face interviews due the current restrictions in face. It's all done on video call and zoom now. 

Is it? Just ask a question and wait for an answer,face to face or on a video call he can choose to answer or swerve an answer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I listened to Radio Lancashire after the game and without them saying it outright I got the feeling the commentators had also had enough of him

During the game Kevin Gallagher was saying how TM must use a bingo machine to pick the team and was generally far more scathing than I’ve ever heard him...

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Piers Morgan makes a pretty good job of it. Just put the question 

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

During the game Kevin Gallagher was saying how TM must use a bingo machine to pick the team and was generally far more scathing than I’ve ever heard him...

If he thinks that as an ex player i wonder what some of the current lot think.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Morgan is a clown. simple as. 

Morgan might not be the most likeable person with some of the things he's done in the past but in the last year he needs to be praised for putting the government and ministers through the ringer with all the mistakes they've made with covid and their response to it.

• Like 3

Someone needs to ask Mowbray what was the situation with Daniel Ayala's medical, was due process carried out? We signed the biggest crock of a centre half in the league. 

Huddersfield signed Richard Keogh after that horrific (self inflicted) injury, but he is still after coming in and starting week in week out. The Ayala signing absolutely stinks, so stupid,  especially for a team that was already weak at the back  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Someone needs to ask Mowbray what was the situation with Daniel Ayala's medical, was due process carried out? We signed the biggest crock of a centre half in the league. 

Huddersfield signed Richard Keogh after that horrific (self inflicted) injury, but he is still after coming in and starting week in week out. The Ayala signing absolutely stinks, so stupid,  especially for a team that was already weak at the back  

When you have two centre halves ( Lenihan, Williams ) who both are injury prone and  potential back ups ( Nyambe , Johnson ) who are also injury prone it was the height of folly to sign another injury prone centre half.  We got lucky with Wharton coming through, he wasn't part of the plan anymore than Magloire, Carter and Grayson were.

• Like 3

My birthday is later this week, and like most I'm sure, have a particularly good memory when it comes to games on or around my birthday, therefore I decided to do a bit of research on TM's record in February throughout his tenure at Blackburn Rovers, the results as follows.....

Championship February's under Mowbray

16/17 - P2 W1 D1 L0 F2 A1 Pts4 GD+1

18/19 - P5 W0 D1 L4 F5 A11 Pts1 GD-6 

19/20 - P7 W2 D4 L1 F10 A6 Pts10 GD+4

20/21 - P4 W0 D0 L4 F2 A6 Pts0 GD-4

Overall

P18 W3 D6 L9 F19 A24 Pts15 GD-5

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

My birthday is later this week, and like most I'm sure, have a particularly good memory when it comes to games on or around my birthday, therefore I decided to do a bit of research on TM's record in February throughout his tenure at Blackburn Rovers, the results as follows.....

Championship February's under Mowbray

16/17 - P2 W1 D1 L0 F2 A1 Pts4 GD+1

18/19 - P5 W0 D1 L4 F5 A11 Pts1 GD-6 

19/20 - P7 W2 D4 L1 F10 A6 Pts10 GD+4

20/21 - P4 W0 D0 L4 F2 A6 Pts0 GD-4

Overall

P18 W3 D6 L9 F19 A24 Pts15 GD-5

So it's your fault.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Pity he was missing in action when king rat was robbing the club blind........I lost all respect for him during that era.

Just on Mowbray, I can't really add anything further, but one thing I've been saying for a while now is this football club isn't setup to make the next step to Premiership football, the manager is only one part of the business model, the rest is a complete shit show.

Until the owners leave, this club will never progress, its as simple as that for me.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So it's your fault.

Probably 😂

24th February 2002 wasn't too bad though, a nice 15th Birthday for sure!!

March for comparison

16/17 - P5 W1 D4 L0 F8 A7 Pts7 GD+1

18/19 - P5 W1 D0 L4 F6 A10 Pts3 GD-4

19/20 - P1 W0 D0 L1 F0 A3 Pts0 GD-3

Overall - P11 W2 D4 L5 F14 A20 Pts10 GD-6

**And if you include the matches that should have been in March 2020 (Postponed due to the pandemic)

19/20 - P4 W1 D0 L3 F3 A8 Pts3 GD-5

Overall - P14 W3 D4 L8 F17 A28 Pts13 GD-11

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Pity he was missing in action when king rat was robbing the club blind........I lost all respect for him during that era.

That’s what struck me about his comments as he is usually wedged far up the backside of whoever is in situ here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are right on Ayala but Keogh certainly wasnt the answer. 7 starts for Huddersfield, only 1 win and no clean sheets. 

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are right on Ayala but Keogh certainly wasnt the answer. 7 starts for Huddersfield, only 1 win and no clean sheets. 

I was more pointing towards the fact that he is somehow fitter than Ayala.

I haven't seen him play for Huddersfield, so I won't judge his performances based off a few lines of stats. Have you watched him play for them? 

There's a deafening silence on Rovers' website and social media today, given that it's TMs 4-year anniversary.  They've managed to congratulate Nyambe on his engagement, wish Pascal Chimbonda and Phil Jones a happy birthday, but as of yet haven't so much as acknowledged that the manager has been here 4 years....  

Fear of a backlash on social media aside, what could be the reason for this?   TM advised them not to acknowledge on the back of recent form?  OR, could it be that the social media/web team have been advised not to bring this joyous occasion to the attention of the general public?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was more pointing towards the fact that he is somehow fitter than Ayala.

I haven't seen him play for Huddersfield, so I won't judge his performances based off a few lines of stats. Have you watched him play for them? 

No, I have seen more than enough of him prior to being out of the game for over a year well into his 30s with serious injury though and merely being available doesnt mean that he is competent anymore.

For a bit of perspective, they have conceded 11 goals in 7. Branthwaite has also started 7 games, we have conceded 7 in them, scoring 4.

I dont think he would be a name mentioned if he wasnt Irish.

If Mowbray is still  manager next season. I will not be going to first team games, I am going to get my Rovers fix by going to U23s games. It would be a statement and maybe even news-worthy if the U23s where getting bigger crowds than the first team. Maybe even Puna would hear about it.

• Like 4