BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No, I have seen more than enough of him prior to being out of the game for over a year well into his 30s with serious injury though and merely being available doesnt mean that he is competent anymore.

For a bit of perspective, they have conceded 11 goals in 7. Branthwaite has also started 7 games, we have conceded 7 in them, scoring 4.

I dont think he would be a name mentioned if he wasnt Irish.

Not sure why you feel it necessary to bring the Irish part in. Very odd. I have watched far more of him than you and I think he is a good player. 

You are throwing stats around, admitting you haven't watched him. Very silly really. Comparing him to Brantwaithe in some tenuous way, I don't even know what you're getting at there. I hardly have to go into explaining the numerous external factors at play with regards to that comparison. Pretty sure you have been critical of the Brantwaithe signing too. Strange post. Missing my point to start with and then continuing down the road. Very peculiar. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, rigger said:

If Mowbray is still  manager next season. I will not be going to first team games, I am going to get my Rovers fix by going to U23s games. It would be a statement and maybe even news-worthy if the U23s where getting bigger crowds than the first team. Maybe even Puna would hear about it.

thats an excellent idea,im`e well up for it

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Doubt we'll get half that number going.

They would do well to convince iFollow to keep showing games to keep a bit of cash coming in.

2,500 people and to avoid complaints they’ll have to make the walk-on price inappropriately high.

£25 to watch a dead rubber anyone?

Just imagine if Mowbray is still here at the start of next season!

It is 4000 not 8000.

• Performances and large events will be subject to limits though. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend.

There wont be any walk on option as it is amost certainly going to need proof of vaccination and testing.

Waggott won't be able to manage that on a match day if he already taxes walk ons due to unexpected pie demand.

4000 will be more than enough to cover demand anyway.

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It is 4000 not 8000.

• Performances and large events will be subject to limits though. For indoor events they can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, and outdoors they can be at half capacity or 4,000 people - whichever is lower. For large venues (at least 40,000 capacity) up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend.

There wont be any walk on option as it is amost certainly going to need proof of vaccination and testing.

Waggott won't be able to manage that on a match day if he already taxes walk ons due to unexpected pie demand.

0 will be more than enough as our last game will be a week before the rules take effect.

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It is 4000 not 8000.

Why wouldn’t there be a walk on? Who has said proof of vaccination will be required?

Just listened to Roverschat on YouTube, “well done” & good discussion to all those involved. 

I must say, if Mowbray were to leave the team today, we are definitely in better shape than when he arrived. 

Now I can say, after listening to a very fair discussion, if Mowbray were to leave the team today, we might not feel so good about the immediate future:

1) lack of a name manager that is out there right now, that we could get;

2) money (it’s always money, isn’t it!?)

If we get body slammed by Watford, I’d be willing to see him given his walking papers, but I would not be rejoicing at the prospects of the remainder of the season under an interim manager, or someone that would not instill anymore confidence than I have right now. 

6 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Just listened to Roverschat on YouTube, “well done” & good discussion to all those involved. 

I must say, if Mowbray were to leave the team today, we are definitely in better shape than when he arrived. 

Now I can say, after listening to a very fair discussion, if Mowbray were to leave the team today, we might not feel so good about the immediate future:

1) lack of a name manager that is out there right now, that we could get;

2) money (it’s always money, isn’t it!?)

If we get body slammed by Watford, I’d be willing to see him given his walking papers, but I would not be rejoicing at the prospects of the remainder of the season under an interim manager, or someone that would not instill anymore confidence than I have right now. 

No we aren't in better shape -all the loanees we don't own and all the injuries.

There are managers out there who are much better and would, I believe, take the job.

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No we aren't in better shape

We were heading to league 1, with an unfit, unmotivated load of crap in the squad.

Now we now a mid table championship side with probably over 35m in playing assets.

We are in far better shape than when Mowbray took over, we even have a European scout now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

We were heading to league 1, with an unfit, unmotivated load of crap in the squad.

Now we now a mid table championship side with probably over 35m in playing assets.

We are in far better shape than when Mowbray took over, we even have a European scout now!

We're heading to league 1 with an unmotivated load players in the squad. Who says there are players worth £35m in assets?

Oh yes our european scout has been really instrumental ...

We are very similar to when GB had been here a few years, it all went south pretty quickly. I think we all know though even if he'd stayed he was going backwards.

Next step now is vital but there won't be one, as you where.  All the off field stuff is about to be the major distraction away from the on field stalemate.  That'll probably run through next season as well.

14 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

We're heading to league 1 with an unmotivated load players in the squad. Who says there are players worth £35m in assets?

Oh yes our european scout has been really instrumental ...

You're probably the only person on here who thinks we're going to be relegated, but of course you're entitled to your opinion, I'd put some money on it if I was you, it'll be big odds at the bookies.

As for assets - I think £35m is on the low side, but playing assets doesn't win you football matches sadly and eventually those 3 stooges in Pune will join the dots in the colouring book and sell them.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

You're probably the only person on here who thinks we're going to be relegated, but of course you're entitled to your opinion, I'd put some money on it if I you, it'll be big odds at the bookies.

As for assets - I think £35m is on the low side, but playing assets doesn't win you football matches sadly and eventually those 3 stooges in Pune will join the dots in the colouring book and sell them.

I said heading for relegation, not actually being relegated. There was time for Mowbray to save us on coming in for Coyle, but he failed. he won't stop us dropping like a stone this year.

No player assets don't win games. The players we do sell won't bring in £35m. I'd like to know whom you think would fetch that sum, 'cos I don't see it right now.

53 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Why wouldn’t there be a walk on? Who has said proof of vaccination will be required?

I imagine there will be more than 4000 wanting a ST.

Widely reported that proof of vaccination and testing are likely to be conditions of entry for concerts and sports events.

If testing is necessary before each game. 4000 x 15 min lateral flow tests is 1000 hours so wont be happening at the turnstile.

Waggott will love it. Not a single pie wasted.